Skinheads

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
Watched the Skinhead prog on BBC4 last Friday and as I grew up wearing Brutus, Levi Sta Prest, Ben Sherman, Fred Perry, DM shoes Chanel-seam, Crombie, Parkas and of course Harrington Jackets - I was rather taken back...

I was never a skin but I did don my finest to go up to watch Chelsea in the Shed End and to the local Hops...

Amazed only last year that you can still get the authentic brand new Harrington Jackets for as little as £23 and are still British made!!

Bagged a nice burgundy this time around...

http://i66.tinypic.com/6nypu8.jpg

Amazing history and fabled wearers!!
https://www.masonandsons.com/blogs/intelligence/99483014-baracuta-g9-the-history-of-the-harrington

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    I could put you in the way of so many skinhead sites...I really could...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    57Deluxe said:
    Watched the Skinhead prog on BBC4 last Friday and as I grew up wearing Brutus, Levi Sta Prest, Ben Sherman, Fred Perry, DM shoes Chanel-seam, Crombie, Parkas and of course Harrington Jackets - I was rather taken back...

I was never a skin but I did don my finest to go up to watch Chelsea in the Shed End and to the local Hops...

Amazed only last year that you can still get the authentic brand new Harrington Jackets for as little as £23 and are still British made!!

Bagged a nice burgundy this time around...

http://i66.tinypic.com/6nypu8.jpg

Amazing history and fabled wearers!!
    https://www.masonandsons.com/blogs/intelligence/99483014-baracuta-g9-the-history-of-the-harrington

I've tried the cheap harringtons- they don't last.
    I've had a G9 for ages and it still looks great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    At full price a Baracuta is £232. Lots of Harrington style jackets at many price points though.
    My son has a Rudy one - black and white check inner lining rather than the tartan, about £25 and wearing quite well. 

Good programme though, quite well balanced I thought. Having met a lot of skinheads over the years they have mostly been of the non racist Trojan loving type. It is an unfortunate truth that they do look basicallythe same as the threatening racist ones though.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Harringtons might be cheap but it's £55 for a Fred Perry polo these days.  :o
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ AliExpress is your friend here!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Recon is of course the World Guitars of Skin Gear.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The ones in Aberdeen seemed to like glue sniffing and handing out stiff kicking when I was a lad. Then you had casuals which died by the time I moved to Edinburgh thanks largely to raving. 
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Baracuta's are the best, for cheaper ones but still good quality merc are good. For shirts have a look at art gallery clothing,Although the fits are tight as they should be. but the collars etc are right.they do some nice knits as well in a John Smedley style, Although you can pick those up for sensible prices from the John Smedley outlet.   
  • Gassage said:

Damn, I bet those guys really rock the house when playing live.   What band are they from Gassage?
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Gassage said:

Damn, I bet those guys really rock the house when playing live.   What band are they from Gassage?

@bingefeller They look like the guys from Sabaton without their wigs and after their togs have shrunk in the wash...

http://98b7695aa5bb76e7839227ab.skydustproductio.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Sabaton-Band-1.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLM said:
    Gassage said:

@bingefeller They look like the guys from Sabaton without their wigs and after their togs have shrunk in the wash...

http://98b7695aa5bb76e7839227ab.skydustproductio.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Sabaton-Band-1.jpg

Yeah they do a bit!

Those lads Gassage posted need a good feed by the looks of things.  They're a bit emaciated looking.  
  • Evilmags said:
    The ones in Aberdeen seemed to like glue sniffing and handing out stiff kicking when I was a lad. Then you had casuals which died by the time I moved to Edinburgh thanks largely to raving. 

I remember when I was in primary school in Aberdeenshire seeing all the ASC graffiti everywhere...fit a sotter it wis, ken.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited October 2016
    I don't mind the dumb racist ones they are easily dismissed- but the smart racist ones require brain power to refute and that is space I need to remember songs and pin numbers and such.
  • Any of you guys know the band Runnin' Riot?  I worked with the lead singer Colin.  He passed away a few years ago on holiday.  @Chuffola might know them.  
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    57Deluxe said:
    /\ AliExpress is your friend here!
    Errr, yeah, except a friend of mine worked for Fred Perry and it really pissed her off when the company got ripped off by Chinese factories knocking out cheap imitations. (It's a tricky one though, I do think the originals are overpriced tbh). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @BintyTwanger77  ASC = Aberdeen swimming club?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @BintyTwanger77  ASC = Aberdeen swimming club?
    ABERDEEN SOCCER CASUALS, MIN!
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Baracuta use "Fraser" tartan in their Harrington jackets which is different than that on the cheaper ones. I've had a few Baracuta Harringtons over the years - very nice jackets although their "Made in England" ones do command a premium.

I too watched the documentary, it was interesting.

Don Letts makes a good presenter.
    We are all Chameleons...