Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

In praise of...RYRA

What's Hot

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    LOVE the Echoplex mate ! It dose sound and feel different to all the other tape delays ive heard. Ill do a full review soon...
    That'll be great I look forward to reading it.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Rock Your Repaired Amp
  • @builttospill I'm seriously considering a second, but surely I'm being mental...aren't it???

@builttospill I'm seriously considering a second, but surely I'm being mental...aren't it

Nothing wrong with having two RYRA'S mate go for it! It's a really intuitive and inspiring pedal. Just need to move a couple of things on now
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    TPS review here starts at about 25:00

• Is there such a thing as gassing for a pedal you already own? 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    edited October 2016
    you may be the first @Jonathanthomas83 :)  .....sounds like you need that 2nd one
  • @mgaw think you're right, but I genuinely do find myself knob twiddling all the time with my Klone, it sounds really nice on a lot of settings.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    @mgaw think you're right, but I genuinely do find myself knob twiddling all the time with my Klone, it sounds really nice on a lot of settings.
    I agree, and I find it quite un-Klon-like in that respect. It's the sweetest low gainer I've ever tried I think.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    simonk said:
    @mgaw think you're right, but I genuinely do find myself knob twiddling all the time with my Klone, it sounds really nice on a lot of settings.
    I agree, and I find it quite un-Klon-like in that respect. It's the sweetest low gainer I've ever tried I think.

A great Klone which is quite un-Klon-like in some respects. Not sure what to make of that ;-) Only joking by the way. I've never played one so this thread is interested for me.
  • I've never played a real Klon, so can't comment. But on that pedal show video, they specifically mention it's quite close to an original Klone, so not sure how that works out.

In other news, I just emailed Shane to build me a Klone in a nice fancy colour and he said "I'm very sorry, I don't build them without graphics any more". I'm not a massive fan of the new graphics, although I can see why it can be quite cool to have the graphic...and is better for marketing...but if you're after a graphic-less RYRA, get it quick as they'll be a rarity, pretty soon!

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I quite like the new graphics on them.
    Very distinctive. I guess he's worried about people making clones of them and selling them as RYRAs which wouldn't be good for his business.
  • Ironic, that!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2016
    Ironic, that!
    brilliant @Jonathanthomas83 ; you couldnt make this shit up could you...man who klones klon worries about kloner kloning his klone of a klon
    do you think the cloner of the cloner of the cloner of the Klone may get pissed off if another cloner of the cloner...................................clones him
  • Well, I finally got the chance to A/B it with an original Klon, and it sounded identical.

Which is to say MY Ryra sounded identical to THAT particular Klon, by way of a caveat.
  • mgaw said:
    Ironic, that!
    brilliant @Jonathanthomas83 ; you couldnt make this shit up could you...man who klones klon worries about kloner kloning his klone of a klon
    Haha. Though, to be fair, I think it's because people don't know what the pedals are and he probably wants more exposure and make them easily recognisable. I think it looses some of that mystique, but from a marketing point of view, it makes sense. 

I know when I first saw a picture of one on a board, I had to PM the guy to ask what pedal it was, I knew it was a Klone of some kind, but I didn't know it as an RYRA The Klone.

The more I play through this thing the more it impresses me, @Jonathanthomas83 you're right about the constant tweaking, I can't stop! I have to say, if I wasn't on the look out for a decent tremolo I'd be tempted to get a second just for shits and giggles. Love it.
    @zepp76 you should check out the Kingsley Bard Trem mate i have had the RYRA for a few years and  reckon the Bard is to trems what the ryra is to Klones
    mgaw said:
    @zepp76 you should check out the Kingsley Bard Trem mate i have had the RYRA for a few years and  reckon the Bard is to trems what the ryra is to Klones
    I have checked that out and it sounds lovely but I've come to the conclusion that I need more tweakability, I need the option to be able to manipulate the tremolo to sound like a kill switch is being used if that makes sense. I've got my eye on the gravitas and the Diamond trm1 at the moment but am still trawling through YouTube checking out as many trems as I can.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    edited October 2016
    @Jonathanthomas83 if you are set on plain gold/oxblood you could do a lot worse than the Arc Effects klone. Like the ryra there are many videos showing essentially no difference to an original klon. I own and am very happy with the Arc and doubt there's much/any difference to a Ryra