Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Xbox One suspensions...Take Note !

What's Hot
So I got a suspension for 2 weeks for a message, which is ok but...when I requested a case review...they banned me till year 9999 !, once this is done you have lost all purchased digital games, your game score, all access to content on that account , subscription, everything.

You cannot contact the enforcement team again after this so.....if you want to be sure in the future....do not download games, buy the disc. I had just got BF1 a week ago, now £70 lost down to a lapse of judgment and an errant text.

after using Xbox Live since the day it began...I think its finally over to PS4.

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
2reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Bummer.
    What did the message that earned you the 2 week suspension say ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What was the message?
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1315
    "Death to anyone that reads this message as part of a case review"
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited October 2016
    Wonder what the legality is of stopping you using stuff you purchased.

Online maybe but single player shouldn't be bannable.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    edited October 2016
    Single player won't be bannable surely?  You can play without connecting to XBL.

Edit: Although, what would be the point? Online is where all the fun is.  Bummer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited October 2016
    Something fishy about the whole thing. I can't believe that Microsoft would allow that kind of practice.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    I'd throw a fucking fit if they did that to me. I've got hundreds of games downloaded on my Playstation account.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2418
    Is Judge Dredd in command of Microsoft or something? That's a rough punishment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Both make some odd decisions. I reported a player called jewkiller1234 or something like that and Sony replied saying it didn't breach their rules.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    We need to see the message...
  • marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    i do believe unfortunately that when you get banned you also lose the licenses to any games as per their ToU. absolutely ridiculous and a huge loophole in digital games on xbox  
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I got banned from Facebook for 3 days for outting the scammer Ross Fingland.

All of our social networks and entertainment services are being run by absolute fascists - not even kidding.

Mark Zuckerberg even thinks it is a problem, and he's a massive cuck!!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • What a joke. 

I'd be interested to know the errant text. Was it hugely offensive or threatening? 

Even if so, although an online ban (temporary) would be suitable, banning you from your purchased licenses is off. You should still have single player. 
  • Xbox One is going to be so last gen in the year 9999
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting input whenever anyone says the cloud is the future for everything...if some day someone decides arbitrarily to shut you off, there's nothing you can do about it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DanR said:

Most of these online purchases aren't "purchases". You're purchasing a license to use the software, and the license can be revoked if you break the terms. Perfectly legal, and also the reason why I still prefer to buy physical media rather than downloads.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    DanR said:

Most of these online purchases aren't "purchases". You're purchasing a license to use the software, and the license can be revoked if you break the terms. Perfectly legal, and also the reason why I still prefer to buy physical media rather than downloads.

'Perfectly lega'l and what's morally right are different things and getting further apart every day. Adobe's model of essentially renting the software, while understandable as Photoshop etc were regularly bootlegged, means that if you are a freelance independent creative, they can turn off your tools any time they choose.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    OP hasn't given details of the message he sent that lead to the ban, it must have been very offensive, something like "I love Donald Trump'

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    The guy I was playing was camping something terrible, and whilst clearly it was wrong , I sent him a message saying, "stop being such a prick"  this evidently led to me being reported, and this combined with a similar " offence" back in 2014 they took as being continuous abuse and threats, its seemed to escalate when I asked for a case review ( where they just quote the statement below mainly, )    

Xbox message - 
    Enforcement Detail :- This account engaged in harassment, abuse, or threats towards other players. This activity may include written or verbal abuse, griefing or trolling, threats, extortion, network manipulation, dissemination of another person's personal information, or other attempts to harass or coerce other players on Xbox Live. For more information, visit: https://enforcement.xbox.com/Home/StaySafe#topic10. Temporary suspension impact: On Xbox 360, this account cannot sign in to Xbox Live for the duration of the suspension. On Xbox One and Xbox on Windows, this account cannot play online multiplayer, use communications features, broadcast gameplay, or share content for the duration of the suspension. Permanent suspension impact: This account can no longer sign in to Xbox Live from any device. This enforcement affects the account's Xbox Live privileges until 31/12/9999, 00:00:00.

After the minimal available communication you have with the enforcement team, its now apparent that all my purchased games are lost, gamertag, everything. They have no interest in long term loyalty, subscriptions ect, its a bit poor really.

Its true that their T&C does state all this when you sign up, but even so, you would think that some sort of trade act would allow me to get the games and use them elsewhere, if I had bought the disc for the same money I would be fine.

The odd thing is that my nephew has a shared link somehow with my Xbox, and he IS able to play MY games ! 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    Chuffola said:
    Single player won't be bannable surely?  You can play without connecting to XBL.

Edit: Although, what would be the point? Online is where all the fun is.  Bummer.

In BF1 you have to be connected to the account that purchased it to play Campaign. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview