Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Xbox One suspensions...Take Note !

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I got banned from Facebook for 3 days for outting the scammer Ross Fingland.

All of our social networks and entertainment services are being run by absolute fascists - not even kidding.

Mark Zuckerberg even thinks it is a problem, and he's a massive cuck!!
    I've had so many bans from facebook now. It's ridiculous.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8025
    They're also looking for GTA 5 cheats, and punishing offenders in a similar way. 
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    With anything like this I find just keep escalating it and try to speak to someone on the phone instead of over email. Don't take no for an answer etc. Even if you just get codes for your games to transfer to a new account.

I cracked my laptop, and managed to moan enough that lenovo replaced it, even though I was the one who broke it. They played for postage and everything :D
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspek said:
    Both make some odd decisions. I reported a player called jewkiller1234 or something like that and Sony replied saying it didn't breach their rules.
    I guess it could be "one who kills jews" or "a jew who kills". With no other context you can't really say.

By the same token, you can't really assume that calling two people pricks in the space of two years is "continuous abuse and threats". 

Not being a gamer, I'm torn- partly I think it's a case of "my house, my rules", so if you knew the rules and broke them anyway you kinda had it coming. On the other hand, being able to arbitrarily deny you access to games you legitimately purchased and locking your account indefinitely because you appealed a decision is pretty despicable.

Play nice, kiddies.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    That's pretty harsh, considering Xbox Live is known for being somewhere you go to get called a faggot, or have an 8 year old tell you about how he's going to bang your mum.

I'd keep badgering. It sounds like an automated ban.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    that is a very sandy mangina over calling someone a prick...even the TGP boys have thicker skin than that

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4612
    edited October 2016
    lol ... there are area's of the map you can go where a camper can't get you, or use a bloody gas grenade .. 

http://www.continue-play.com/live/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Camper.jpg

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    edited October 2016
    I can accept the punishment, if thats how it is, its the obstacles they put up to hinder you getting in contact that frustrating, and of course ...robbing you of all you own. They have ambassadors, which are basically the public who sign up to help others, but they have zero clout, then there is "support" which should have "lack of" in the same sentence.

The enforcement bods are some sort of protected hierarchy ....once they have spoken it cant be undone.

Try and find a complaint system for Xbox or Microsoft.....      

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2418
    The irony is that cursing fellow gamers is part of what makes gaming fun. In the 90s, gaming with mates often broke out in fights and fallouts due to a 'cheating bastard'. Removing that element diminishes the charm. There should be a 'abuse allowed' setting for adults. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    ennspek said:
    Both make some odd decisions. I reported a player called jewkiller1234 or something like that and Sony replied saying it didn't breach their rules.
    I guess it could be "one who kills jews" or "a jew who kills". With no other context you can't really say.

By the same token, you can't really assume that calling two people pricks in the space of two years is "continuous abuse and threats". 

Not being a gamer, I'm torn- partly I think it's a case of "my house, my rules", so if you knew the rules and broke them anyway you kinda had it coming. On the other hand, being able to arbitrarily deny you access to games you legitimately purchased and locking your account indefinitely because you appealed a decision is pretty despicable.

Play nice, kiddies.
    You are of course correct but it's fairly obviously supposed to be, at the very least, attention getting.
    I did wonder if you substituted other religions you may get a different response?
    Who knows?
    Regarding the OP it seems like a hugely harsh punishment for calling someone a name that would be mild in most playgrounds.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ennspek said:
    Why did you report them?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    As others have said a lot of stuff is like this.  If you buy an ebook from Amazon, you aren't actually buying the book, but a license to read it on a Kindle (or other approved Amazon device).  I read of someone who lost hundreds of pounds worth of books when they shut down here account for breaching their terms - in that case downloading a book from a different Amazon store from a different country.

With ebooks I get them in EPUB format - even if it takes a bit longer to get it on my reader.

Microsoft is setting up Windows now to be linked to accounts as well.  Linux is looking more attractive all the time.
    crunchman said:
    As others have said a lot of stuff is like this.  If you buy an ebook from Amazon, you aren't actually buying the book, but a license to read it on a Kindle (or other approved Amazon device).  I read of someone who lost hundreds of pounds worth of books when they shut down here account for breaching their terms - in that case downloading a book from a different Amazon store from a different country.

With ebooks I get them in EPUB format - even if it takes a bit longer to get it on my reader.

Microsoft is setting up Windows now to be linked to accounts as well.  Linux is looking more attractive all the time.
    Indeed, but with the games, if I had bought the actual disc for the same price I would still own it and have it, now I have nothing .

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1315
    edited October 2016
    At the prices of games on Sony's store if you buy the digital version then you're a mug.

"Trust me, people will pay the extra £20 to not have to order it online, wait for it to arrive and then install it....wait they still have to install it?.....but at least they can't lose the disc.....oh they can lose the account?......hmmm but they'll be able to play on the day the game is released....oh many online retailers will dispatch the game to arrive on or in advance of the release date?".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2016
    Well...its a sad day...looks like Microsoft have now stopped my Xbox Live access as well, another few quid robbed, no wonder Gates can give Millions away. I checked back on my account and Ive spent hundreds with these clowns since 2011, all lost... a couple of minor events  and its all over.

I cancelled the auto renew option now, not that they will be bothered.

No more Xbox.      

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4324
    That's ridiculous!

I've got a Microsoft office near me. Do you want me to go and piss on their doorstep for you?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That's harsh.  :(
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4324
    That's harsh.  :(
    Alright, I'll just spit then! ;)

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24659
    beed84 said:
    The irony is that cursing fellow gamers is part of what makes gaming fun. In the 90s, gaming with mates often broke out in fights and fallouts due to a 'cheating bastard'. Removing that element diminishes the charm. There should be a 'abuse allowed' setting for adults. 
    I'm not convinced.

I love the "mute" options for multi-player. If I'm playing with actual friends then I'll leave them on, but the rest - I can't be bothered to listen to some 10 year old shouting "cunt" all the way through because he thinks he's hard.