Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The amp quest that never seems to end...what do I want?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBM said:
    professorben said:

With the exception of JC, I've tried or owned all of those, notably the Peavey and Mesa being the only amps to ever let me down on a gig. 

Experience vs perception etc.  ;)
    Yes, it's all playing the odds really. The only amp I've ever had fail at a gig was an old Traynor - admittedly it was just a blown valve - and they're some of the best-built and most reliable amps ever made.

I also know people who have used Marshall DSLs for years and not had one fail. Which is amazing, when you see the rate they come through the shop, and why they break down. Any valve amp can fail through no fault of the amp. The difference is that some fail for reasons of poor design and build quality too.

I should probably have also mentioned Soldano, although I suspect they're out of your price range and you know roughly what the sound is like if you've had a Jet City. They're probably the best-built amps I can think of.

Jet City are one of the Amps I've never tried. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3774
    edited November 2016
    Amp sold, money scrambled around for, and Mesa Boogie Mark V: 25 head bought. Thanks, @Deijavoo ;;- hopefully plug it in soon!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom