Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

People are getting fatter

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4985
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
It can't just be me who notices this. a study needs to be done about this and sugar intake needs to be managed. This affects everyone, how long before flights will charge more if passenger are over a certain tonnage...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962

Dear Off Yer

Planes not required

Image result for flying fat man

tae be or not tae be
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Rocker said:
    It can't just be me who notices this. a study needs to be done about this and sugar intake needs to be managed. This affects everyone, how long before flights will charge more if passenger are over a certain tonnage...
    I'm managing my sugar intake thanks all the same .. just off to get a cold beer from the fridge .. I might even push the boat out and have some nuts ... I'll just buy two seats .. or the entire row so I can really bloat out.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yawn, pass me another bar of Galaxy Caramel

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It ain't sugar that made me pile on the pounds it's the booze!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sales of skinny jeans would beg to differ.

Seriously, I'm shocked by the number of lads I see wandering around with legs skinnier at 15-20 than I had as a 5 year old. I bought a pair of trousers based purely on the size a couple of weeks ago - 36 regular - and I couldn't even get the thigh part past my calves. Bloody ridiculous.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6124
    I don't know about 'fetting' but my mates and I would disagree with you on that statement!

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Rocker said:
    This affects everyone, how long before flights will charge more if passenger are over a certain tonnage...
    so it doesn't affect everyone, just the larger than lifers..
  • I'm 75kg and about 6ft2 so pretty happy with my weight.  
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5419
    edited November 2016
    Sedentary lifestyles, crap food & cheap booze are probably the three causal factors. 
    Losing weight isn't rocket science: eat less, eat better, move more.
    Most people can't be arsed & want a quick fix- they go for a "diet" rather than the change of lifestyle they need to adopt permanently. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sedentary lifestyles, crap food & cheap booze are probably the three causal factors. 
    Most people can't be arsed & want a quick fix- they go for a "diet" rather than the change of lifestyle they need to adopt permanently. 
    Yep - two years on, I'm four stone lighter - as a result of eating less, drinking less and moving more. A change of lifestyle which has become my new 'habit'.

It is of course a miserable way to live - but at least I should have many extra years over which I can reflect on this....
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    I'm fetting finner too, nearly two stone gone, just over a stone to go.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Sedentary lifestyles, crap food & cheap booze are probably the three causal factors. 
    Yep - two years on, I'm four stone lighter - as a result of eating less, drinking less and moving more. A change of lifestyle which has become my new 'habit'.

It is of course a miserable way to live - but at least I should have many extra years over which I can reflect on this....
    Even if you don't live longer it'll certainly feel like it.  ;)
    I lost 3stone by adopting a more sensible relationship with food. Thankfully my fattest was in 1999 & thus before widespread digital photography and social media! 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    It's me genes, I've always been big boned etc. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    There were no fat people in Auschwitz.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    And yet only today there was an article in the paper suggesting that fat middle aged blokes were seen as more attractive to da ladeez.

Though on reflection, I think that article was probably cooked up by some some bald, lager swilling, fat bastard journos more in hope than expectation.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't know, it's never on the news or anything
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Skarloey said:
    And yet only today there was an article in the paper suggesting that fat middle aged blokes were seen as more attractive to da ladeez.

Though on reflection, I think that article was probably cooked up by some some bald, lager swilling, fat bastard journos more in hope than expectation.
    Spot on! Written by me - a complete fabrication....
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Even if you have lost weight recently, and fair play to you if you have, walk down any street in any town and see if you agree with my sentiments.  Apologies for the spelling, damn smartphone, but I think you got the message anyway.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum