Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

People are getting fatter

What's Hot

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    There's a TV programme about to start on BBC1 about the dangers of fat which involves a post mortem. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    In fairness that's a safety issue - weight distribution on the plane. They're not being charged more. In fairness I had to take a plane from Stansted to Eindhoven on a regular basis and the plane was weighed before take-off and people were literally thrown off - it was a small prop driven plane.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    In fairness that's a safety issue - weight distribution on the plane. They're not being charged more. In fairness I had to take a plane from Stansted to Eindhoven on a regular basis and the plane was weighed before take-off and people were literally thrown off - it was a small prop driven plane.
    I've done smaller twin-props on internal flights in Canada, and they have to balance the load for sure. No way does Mr Lardy get to pick a seat on those flights and can be refused if it's a safety issue.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited November 2016
    In some cultures, being fat is considered attractive, and a symbol of wealth and prosperity
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited November 2016
    Fat people are outlaws.  Who wants cum stains on their pillow.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I'm not fat, I'm festively plump.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    I've got mates from Zimbabwe, over there if your wife is fat it shows you can afford to eat plentifully. Hence the reason that all the wives are large.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited November 2016
    I sometimes stop at Greggs on my way to work for a coffee and sometimes a bacon/sausage sandwich if I haven't had breakfast at home.

I know the sandwich isn't very healthy - but if I do it will be my only bread intake of the day. 

Anyway...I'm quite surprised at the amount of people (including school kids) that I see buying pasties and sausage rolls etc for breakfast.

The adults and some of the kids are often big boned/sturdy/well covered/powerfully built - whatever polite word for a fatty you choose. It's not hard to see why...

Greggs on legs!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9678
    Rocker said:
    ...how long before flights will charge more if passenger are over a certain tonnage...
    No need. Just needs a bit of lateral thinking ...

Put the lardies at the rear of the aircraft...

For takeoff this helps push the tail down and the nose up, so gets you airborne quicker.

During level flight the aircraft will fly with a slight nose-up attitude which means the trolleys will automatically roll to where they they are most wanted.

Planes always land with the main undercarriage first, and then the nose wheel. Again, having the chubbers at the rear helps this happen.

I thank you.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've lost 7 kgs since moving house. The simple effect of doing some hard exercise vs sitting on an office chair. I did the move my self, so there was a huge amount of carrying and lifting up and down stairs over a 2 week period. 

Offices have a lot to answer for. Boring, so you eat. Sedentary, so you don't need to eat very much... My last job was an active one - I was roughly 88kg which for 6ft 4 meant I was about right. since moving to the office and basically spending 70% of my life sitting down weight went up to 112 kgs over 4 years.

Now at 102 kgs, but I want to get back to the 90's 
  • I want to get back to the 90's 
    Ive heard you might need a Dolorian, with a Flux capacitor.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4174
    Sambostar said:

Yeah, I'm not paying my taxes just so that uncle Jesse can have a gastric band cos he can't keep off the corn bread
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    I'm resisting descending into one of my usual (and I know boring) fat rants.

This last year I have been working a lot in SE Asia, places like Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan. Hardly anyone is fat over there. Its quite striking. You get back to here and the contrast is amazing. Its a combination of diet, lifestyle and genetics
  • I want to get back to the 90's 
    Ive heard you might need a Dolorian, with a Flux capacitor.

----or a shellsuit. 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4174
    Sedentary lifestyles, crap food & cheap booze are probably the three causal factors. 
    Losing weight isn't rocket science: eat less, eat better, move more.
    Most people can't be arsed & want a quick fix- they go for a "diet" rather than the change of lifestyle they need to adopt permanently. 
    Oh, the good old diet industry.

If you're a reasonable weight and you've been on holiday stacking a kilo or two, hitting a sensible diet to regain your previous weight is no bad thing.

Problem is, and I speak from direct experience here, if you're on the chunky side anyway a diet's sod-all use if all you're going to do is your 5:2 or Atkins or whatever for a week in a bid to look like Brad Pitt before you go straight back to hitting up the local Indian three times a week.

My story, like a lot of others, is one of permanent change to diet coupled with a bit of exercise.  That's not going to make the sort of exciting reading the Mail wants to plaster all over its sidebar is it? 

"Make eating sensibly a routine, knock the takeaways on the head, keep the ale consumption to a dull roar, get off your arse once in a while - in 18 months' time you'll get into those Levi's with the 30" waist you always fancied." vs. "eat nothing but carrots at four-hour intervals for a fortnight and look like Angelina Jolie in time for bonfire night!"

I suspect dieting to be of no use for the vast majority of people who want to diet, and there are a startling number of people bankrolling their live-in chefs and personal trainers off the back of it.  These bloody charlatans should be made into a very public experiment to see if their own shite actually works using them as the subjects.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As well as obvious obesity, the main problem is what is seen as an acceptable average size. I'm 5'9" and about 12 stone. That is overweight, no question, though most would say I look "slim". I wish I could bring it down to 11 stone but I'm aiming for 73-74kg first, then we'll see what happens. However in terms of what we see around us, I could easily be 13 stone and "normal"-looking, as I was in the mid-2000s.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You say that, but it could lead to an increase in the size of the average rugger bugger fan? I remember Arwel Thomas, all 12 stone of him. I doubt he would last 5 minutes in a lower-league match these days.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.