Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Global warming, is it already too late to make meaningful change?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24326
    Cirrus said:

Cirrus said:
    modellista said:
    Climate "scientists" have been proven liars - see East Anglia and that loony Michael Mann.
    Nonsense.

Well, there's an actual book of 100 scientists going on record saying what a shyster Mann is.  There's due to be a second volume.  Then there's you.  I know who I believe.

I think the bit of your brain that deals with logic might be malfunctioning. You've set up a false dichotomy between 100 random scientists and me, as if I'm the only proponent of climate change. In fact, you're doing exactly what I described in my thoroughly excellent post yesterday - you're substituting the difficult question of climate change for "do I believe 100 scientists or Cirrus?". It's amazing. As for the libido/ albido thing, yes, my mistake. I'm aware of the differences in meaning and I think a reasonable person would give me the benefit of the doubt. If you think the mistype means it's fair to discount the rest of my argument, then you're stupid.

Edit; Actually, I take back the last sentence. I don't know you and it's not fair of me to say that. Apologies!
    I don't know him/her either, but I'll say it for you - they're stupid.

You don't need to know someone for it to be fair - you just have to make your decisions based on the evidence.  Rather like global warming.  
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • I know Elon Musk gets a lot of shit, and quite frankly he's a bit eccentric, to say the least. But he so completely gets "it" in terms of where we need to be moving, technologically, that I find it genuinely odd that people are still arguing there's nothing wrong with fucking coal power and traditional cars (much as I love them). 

THIS is the future. Maybe not this exact application, but houses having their own solar+storage solution, connected to a grid to feed in when there's a surplus, and draw extra when there's a shortfall is so obvious.

And again with the car thing - it's absolutely true that an electric car is only as clean as the local power station, but when the local power station is a network of commercial and consumer solar cells, that will be pretty fucking clean.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited November 2016
    Well, until I ventured into this thread I would gladly have had a pint with all I've conversed with on The Fretboard, both online or in person.  Sadly no longer. 

Reading more widely, I now discover that the clique that's currently abusing me here has form for such behaviour. More fool me. 

I'll stick to making music than making enemies. Better for the soul. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Well, until I ventured into this thread I would gladly have had a pint with all I've conversed with on The Fretboard, both online or in person.  Sadly no longer. 

Reading more widely, I now discover that the clique that's currently abusing me here has form for such behaviour. More fool me. 

I'll stick to making music than making enemies. Better for the soul. 

Mate... the clique hasn't even touched you yet. I've been too busy, @Deijavoo is much more tempered than the rest of us, and @randomhandclaps has moved to a monastery.

Once we reform though, we will be back. And you will be our first target. We will tear the metaphorical flesh from your metaphorical bones, and turn it into lampshades - those will be literal - and you will know the face of BUM DEATH!
  • Quality. Often I don't know what you're on about, but that one was crystal clear!
  • Anyway, I thought you were on my side?!
    Anyway, I thought you were on my side?!
    I am. I think.

Hold up, are you the denialist dude? I honestly forget and can't be bothered to scroll up.

But yeah, climate change is real. It's a fact. Same as evolution and the fact that my dick is big.

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited November 2016
    Well, let's drop the whole climate change thing and just hate on the others. You can show me your cock later. 
    The only reason I've not already posted a picture of my cock is because I don't want to get banned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If we all had to submit a verified picture of our cock and a supervised IQ result a lot of trouble would be avoided. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    If we all had to submit a verified picture of our cock and a supervised IQ result a lot of trouble would be avoided. 
    LOL!

Okay, are you really trying to draw a connection between IQ and disk size?
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    If we all had to submit a verified picture of our cock and a supervised IQ result a lot of trouble would be avoided. 
    LOL!

Okay, are you really trying to draw a connection between IQ and disk size?
    No, that's not what I meant.  But if I had to guess I would say it's inverse. Sorry man :-)

Knowing each other's attributes would at least give some context which is lacking in online discourse. The man with a small disk and a double-figure IQ might exercise more caution if he was aware of the superior attributes of whoever he was taking to.  

Or maybe not, small man syndrome occurs in the real world, after all.

Apologies to the ladies in the room, of whom there regrettably appear to be few. 

This is all theoretical and not related to the current discussion or participants of course.  Perhaps it deserves a separate ding-dong. 
    It's not regrettable. We've got Myranda - she's the token vaghole.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom