Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Just sold my CS-2 on ebay and it looks like a "famous" player has bought it!

What's Hot

Comments

• I sold a crappy old  les paul to some dude who looked like the metallica guitarist
    You sold a Les Paul to Santana?
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @WezV said:
    JookyChap said:
    I bought Hendrix' Parker Fly from a shop on Denmark Street

I always lusted after that one from the cover of guitarist
    I always knew it was real :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    edited November 2016
    I sold a Fender Rosewood Telecaster to George Harrison.

OK it was the Jap reissue version and it was the 'George' from a Beatles tribute band but so what? 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 161
    edited November 2016
    Bought an amp via ebay (5150 III)..put the address in for the courier collection and it comes up as "Adrian Smith holdings, Dave Murray holdings etc....." turned out to be Maiden's tour manager selling it. (he swore it wasn't "gigged").
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought Jimmy Savile's acoustic, which is tuned to an open "A minor" chord.  Beautiful guitar.  
    23reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Jazz Fusion bassist Jonas Hellborg ownes my Blackstar HT Dual
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    I revently got offered a drum set that apparently belonged to the drummer from U2.

I'm still Mullen it over.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6879
    The problem with Thunder is the singer! He's like a cheesy rock Tony Robinson!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I bought Jimmy Savile's acoustic, which is tuned to an open "A minor" chord.  Beautiful guitar.  
    Mate of mine had one of Stuart Hall's amps.. It was a real knockout.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought Neil Murrey's (white snake, black Sabbath etc) Source audio EQ. He sent me a sighed photo too when I told him I owned a VowWow album on cassette . Very nice man.
  • My friend bought several pedals off James Honeyman Scott. Although this was in the days Scott worked in a guitar shop so, TBH, lots of people did. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    mrkb said:
    The problem with Thunder is the singer! He's like a cheesy rock Tony Robinson!
    Danny Bowes used to have a Radio Show on Planet Rock.
    I prefer him singing than talking.
  • My friend bought several pedals off James Honeyman Scott. Although this was in the days Scott worked in a guitar shop so, TBH, lots of people did. 
    Well I suppose it gave him some brass in pocket....
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    TimmyO said:
    Aynsley Lister still has my silver Klon 
    He has my old Klon KTR too.  Apparently to replace his silver Klon for gigging duties.  Small world!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    JookyChap said:
    @WezV said:
    JookyChap said:
    I bought Hendrix' Parker Fly from a shop on Denmark Street

I always lusted after that one from the cover of guitarist
    I always knew it was real :D
    Here you go, it even looks like a jookified Fly  @JookyChap ;

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Cool - I'd come out of retirement for that ;)

• I owned Matt Schofields Matchless KIng Cobra Head for a while. Prior to that I had a Matchless HC30 which was used by Robbie McIntosh whilst he toured with John Mayer. Thought the story was bollocks but it checked out when I dug a bit deeper. Sold that amp to @miserneil.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    gordiji said:
    What's the price on these ? I've a boxed eighties one recently replaced by a wampler.

I sold mine for £90 but I paid £100 for it about 18months ago...took me a while to get the £90. Took a Thunder guitarist to come along and snap it up! :-)
  • siraxeman said:
    Luke Morley of Thunder fame! I thought nah, maybe tis another Luke Morley...then I look at his feedback and whats he sold recently ? A left handed LP and Strat...and the guitarist of Thunder fame is also a lefty! Coincidence? (one of my fave bands and guitarists actually!) I will ask him via email when I send his pedals tracking info...but it sure is looking like the man! :o
    Luke's a top bloke.

My parents actually named me after him (it's not a joke). They wanted to name me after a musician from one of their favourite bands and that's what they settled for... He knows the story. Might have forgotten but he's heard it a few times. ;) All my family are big fans. Met them a few times. His signature is on my denim jacket that I had when I was a kid. As is Harry James (drummer)'s... :) 

Severely underrated band in some spheres.

They're coming to Australia next year, so we'll be going to see them of course. ;) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I suppose this thread's gone on long enough without admitting that I sold my '65 Strat to Kevin Armstrong, in order that he could use it on Prefab Sprout's 'Steve McQueen' - and then with Bowie.... (True - though he actually bought it from a music shop I sold it through....)