Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Just sold my CS-2 on ebay and it looks like a "famous" player has bought it!

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2016
    My dad narrowly missed out on buying the fretless Music Man Stingray that Pino Palladino used on many hit records.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    I sold a crate of anti-perspirants to Lee "sweaty cunt" Evans
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    I sold a crate of anti-perspirants to Lee "sweaty cunt" Evans
    Sounds like they were somewhat defective, then... ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    Kim McAuliffe gave me her bottle of Special Brew during a Girlschool gig in at Tiffany's, Bristol, in 1980. I kept it for years and years, I might even still have it somewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24369
    ICBM said:
    I sold a Gibson EB-2 to the bass player in Jools Holland's band (I forget his name), and my Marshall Major to Gary Moore, which he used on the BBM album and tour. Sadly it was via a dealer friend and his tech, so I didn't get to meet him in person.
    Dave Swift.

Superb bassist. Huge chap too - makes a 4/4 double bass look almost sensible!
  • I got a proper bollocking from Axl Rose for smoking outside a fire escape
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22945
    AndyR said:
    Kim McAuliffe gave me her bottle of Special Brew during a Girlschool gig in at Tiffany's, Bristol, in 1980. I kept it for years and years, I might even still have it somewhere.
    They sell Special Brew in bottles...!?

But seriously, was that the tour supportuing Uriah Heep?  I saw them in Swansea in February 1980.  As a bunch of 15 year old boys, standing right next to the stage in front of Kelly Johnson, I think we found Girlschool a bit scary... but in a good way.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    A few years ago I bought Larry Carlton's European Tour pedal board. It was very nice - some custom Free The Tone stuff, Sky Blue OD, TC HOF, Wah, Volume, Gigrig power stuff. I think there's a picture of it somewhere on the Gigrig website.
    I don't care what you or anyone else says,.......................i reckon you're really David Gilmour and i'm claiming MY £5 now before anyone else twigs on.

:)

(I've thought this for quite a while !)
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    Philly_Q said:
    AndyR said:
    They sell Special Brew in bottles...!?

But seriously, was that the tour supportuing Uriah Heep?  I saw them in Swansea in February 1980.  As a bunch of 15 year old boys, standing right next to the stage in front of Kelly Johnson, I think we found Girlschool a bit scary... but in a good way.
    No, they were headlining - Angelwitch were support and Tank opened. The stage was about a foot high at the most , and usually only had a DJ on it.

I know Kelly was meant to be "it", and some of our number were congregating in front of her... and to be honest, as we waited, I wasn't able to squeeze my friends across so I was in front of her too. But when Girlschool came on... WOW! Everything sorted itself out very nicely - Kim was obviously the girl for me :)

They were really friendly and extremely worried that we were not looking too well in the heat etc down the front. She took one swig from her newly opened bottle and then reached down and gave it to me saying something like "it looks like you need it more than I do". 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

can you unsubscribe to your own threads ? lol 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Chappers bought a pedal of mine on eBay. No way he would admit to being "the real" Chappers though despite me asking several times. 

• Alnico said:
    A few years ago I bought Larry Carlton's European Tour pedal board. It was very nice - some custom Free The Tone stuff, Sky Blue OD, TC HOF, Wah, Volume, Gigrig power stuff. I think there's a picture of it somewhere on the Gigrig website.
    I don't care what you or anyone else says,.......................i reckon you're really David Gilmour and i'm claiming MY £5 now before anyone else twigs on.

:)

(I've thought this for quite a while !)
    Oh bugger, rumbled...
  • My orange amp is ex stereophonics. Tbh that does nothing for me at all

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• blueskunk said:
    Chappers bought a pedal of mine on eBay. No way he would admit to being "the real" Chappers though despite me asking several times. 

Haha Would you! 
  • Maybe even Chappers hates Chappers.
  • I don't want to buy or sell any guitar kit to famous guitarists as then I'd have to admit it's me who sounds crap not my gear. 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    ^^ but just maybe this could be a way of getting free from the chains that is called GAS. Could save you a fortune in the long run! ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383

Sold my Robin Trower CS Strat to Barry Martin (Snail's Pace Slim) of The Hamsters.

A mate of mine owns Mickey Moody's old Takamine acoustic, loads of Whitesnake's early material was written on it.

• sold my rambler to @Wazmeister some years ago - anyone heard of him?
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    wellsyboy said:
    sold my rambler to @Wazmeister some years ago - anyone heard of him?
    Seriously, who hasn't ?

;)