Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I had half a fag

What's Hot

Comments

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    The vaping itself might stink (like a cheap car air freshener as my mate said) but the people who do it don't

Do they? Hard to say for me as I've jumped straight from smoking to vaping
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Vaping is a much more pleasant way to feed a nicotine habit. Smoking just made the contrast much more clear. I still have snuff now and again and I'll probably have swedish snus in the future, or maybe a pipe. Those are ways to truly enjoy tobacco. 
    My V key is broken
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    The great human irony, to have some last bastion of control whilst still feeling fuzzy around the edges.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Vapers are gapers.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933

Vaping stinks too.
    Someday the sun will shine out our arses, too :)

Been off the fags over a year. I'll have half when I'm batty pissed, turn green and remember why I don't do it any more. Thank fuck for vaping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I tried toobabo once... bleught.

I like maryjuanna but only on its one ... nd when it's free :D
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23129
    I know people who have never smoked but got into vaping. Really don't get it - I understand it as a way of quitting smoking, but it seems to have grown into its own sub culture.
    Which is actually what the manufacturers always hoped for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited November 2016
    Vaping is not the safe alternative to smoking. Not smoking is the safe alternative to not smoking.  

I must admit that I never really bought into the whole idea of giving up smoking, I just stopped buying cigarettes one day in August and refused to pike off other people.

Saying that the critical illness insurance tied into my mortgage that may have been a motivator.  That and it looks like the New Labour of smoking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24447
    I've just bought another vape machine as I lost the one I bought a month ago.  I upgraded this time to one of these:

Image result for tecc arc mini

£34 with a bottle of juice.  Much much better than the pen-type one I had.

I thought I give vaping a go after I'd been smoking for six weeks after mum died and thought it would be better, given my history.  Now I'm beginning to think "hang on....  you've been a non-smoker for four and a half years, smoked for six weeks and now you're developing a nicotine habit again" - because I'm finding that it's so much easier to vape a lot than smoke a lot.

I've got this horrible feeling that at some point in the future they're going to discover that vaping causes cancer or something, and they don't know it yet because it's not been around long enough.

What I don't get is the health warnings on the bottles of vape juice all say "Wash immediately if it comes into contact with skin" and some of the bottles I have have got a 'poison' symbol on them !  If it's dangerous to have on your skin in liquid form, then surely it must condense back from vapour to liquid in your lungs....??

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Can you vape sugar?
    I might be interested.
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited November 2016
    octatonic said:
    Can you vape sugar?
    I might be interested.
    You can vape my sugar. x
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:

What I don't get is the health warnings on the bottles of vape juice all say "Wash immediately if it comes into contact with skin" and some of the bottles I have have got a 'poison' symbol on them !  If it's dangerous to have on your skin in liquid form, then surely it must condense back from vapour to liquid in your lungs....??

I shouldn't worry.  I'm sure that throats and lungs are made of much tougher stuff than skin. And the fact that it's water going into your lungs can't be wrong either.  

Saying that , the main reason I stay away from vaping is my irrational fear of dry drowning.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    If anything it takes water out of your lungs. 

Not smoking or vaping at all is obviously best, but one causes far more harm than the other
    My V key is broken
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Quitting smoking was easy.
    Quitting murdering is much, much harder.
  • I am addicted to Nuns, and just cannot quit the habit.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    The warnings are there due to the nicotine. I make my own liquids and believe me you know when you get 72mg nicotine on you if you wash it off you are fine, if you don't it can make you feel pretty rough. No major risk getting a bit of normal liquid on your skin a quick rinse and it dilutes it down to NOTHING in a few seconds. 
  • speshul91 said:
    The warnings are there due to the nicotine. I make my own liquids and believe me you know when you get 72mg nicotine on you if you wash it off you are fine, if you don't it can make you feel pretty rough.
    Would you know if you got 71mg of nicotine on you?

speshul91 said:
    No major risk getting a bit of normal liquid on your skin a quick rinse and it dilutes it down to NOTHING in a few seconds. 
    When you say a normal liquid, do you mean something like water , cola or craft beer, as opposed to a Newtonian fluid?
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    speshul91 said:
    The warnings are there due to the nicotine. I make my own liquids and believe me you know when you get 72mg nicotine on you if you wash it off you are fine, if you don't it can make you feel pretty rough.
    Would you know if you got 71mg of nicotine on you?

It makes you feel pretty sick of you splash it on your skin. It takes a few minutes to absorb through your skin though. 
    speshul91 said:
    No major risk getting a bit of normal liquid on your skin a quick rinse and it dilutes it down to NOTHING in a few seconds. 
    When you say a normal liquid, do you mean something like water , cola or craft beer, as opposed to a Newtonian fluid?

I meant normal e liquid. 

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

On a serious note, I'd quit smoking for 2 years and had 'half a fag'  a few weeks late I had a whole one, a few days later had another and before I knew it I was smoking again.  Took me another year to see sense and stop again.  Nicotine is a sneaky one, don't have another half!

And well done for not finishing it

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I can go without smoking during the week (majority of the time). It's when I'm out and about that smoking becomes a burden. It's horrible but I just can't knock it on the head.

I got a vape pen a few weeks ago as well and that doesn't seem to do much good. Doesn't really have the same impact. Maybe I got one of the shittier ones?