Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

US Election- Who will win?

What's Hot

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Given that people are supposedly living longer, maybe it follows that we should raise the minimum voting age to 25?

;)
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24573
    Trumpton.

Image result for windy miller
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24573
    Bucket said:
    DesVegas said:
    Trump to win, then shot dead in the following week.
    We can only hope.
    You want that lunatic Pence as President ??!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    With the EU referendum, it felt inevitable that Leave would win. Just too much in favour of them.
    I never got that at all. I was massively surprised that the result was Leave. It seemed to me that the Remain camp had utterly wiped the floor with the leavers and made them all look like racists and bigots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72849
    I think it depends where you are - in Scotland, I think it was taken as read that Remain would win because most people anyone knew supported Remain and it was part of the political landscape - likewise London, I assume. But my father was sure that Leave would win - and he was of course right - because he lives in Worcester which voted Leave by a fair margin, so most people he talked to were Leavers.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I see history is already being conveniently rewritten.  This is why Trump shall win and lead the world to triumph.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    The Lawyers
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I think it depends where you are - in Scotland, I think it was taken as read that Remain would win because most people anyone knew supported Remain and it was part of the political landscape - likewise London, I assume. But my father was sure that Leave would win - and he was of course right - because he lives in Worcester which voted Leave by a fair margin, so most people he talked to were Leavers.
    Every leave voter I saw thought it would be remain as well - particularly on this forum. There was a defeatist attitude to the leavers, and a complacent we've aleady won it and why is this even a question attitude to the remainers - that last part is still the case actually. Every single Remainer on this forum doesn't even understand why anyone would want to leave the EU. They're incredulous! Facebook is the same.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72849
    Drew_TNBD said:

Every single Remainer on this forum doesn't even understand why anyone would want to leave the EU. They're incredulous! Facebook is the same.
    Not true. I understand many of the arguments for leaving the EU and even agree with some of them. I just think that on balance, staying in would have been better. But this belongs in the other thread really :).

For what it's worth I understand a lot of the reasons why people despise Hillary Clinton and don't want her to become President… but not enough to want Trump instead. My guess is that this is what will swing it (just) for Hillary.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33882
    edited November 2016
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Every single Remainer on this forum doesn't even understand why anyone would want to leave the EU. They're incredulous! Facebook is the same.
    No, I understand the various reasons why people want to leave the EU.

I disagree with the position but that isn't the same as not understanding it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    octatonic said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Well can you explain it to me, coz I don't understand it!!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33882
    Drew_TNBD said:
    octatonic said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Well can you explain it to me, coz I don't understand it!!
    Not in this thread. :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    edited November 2016
    Hope it's not Fuckface von Clownstick*, but it'll be close (I think his "Brexit factor" is stronger than the polls would have you believe.

* (c) Jon Stewart

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Like the EU vote & GE vote here, I think a shy voter is going to make an upset because the supporters of the favourite or status quo are just so fucking complacent and so fucking noisy that a)they do not understand that a significant proportion of the voters are disaffected & willing to cast a protest vote at any cost and b) that a shy voter exists because they feel they dare not air the opinions before or even after the voting, hence the opinion polls that the media pay serious money for got the EU vote wrong and the proportion of the results of the Indy Ref & GE wrong. If I recall correctly only one opinion poll put Trump in the lead, almost all the others either put Clinton just ahead or up to ten points ahead and now the British media are starting to think the opinion polls may have underestimated the shy Trump vote like they did with the shy Indy voter, the shy Tory and the shy leaver.

I am glad I don't need to decide between these two atrocious people as I feel neither are a favourable option, but my gut feeling is that there is enough anti-political feeling in America that Trump will win with the slimmest margin possible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    With the EU referendum, it felt inevitable that Leave would win. Just too much in favour of them.
    I never got that at all. I was massively surprised that the result was Leave. It seemed to me that the Remain camp had utterly wiped the floor with the leavers and made them all look like racists and bigots.
    For me my mind was made up with the result of the local elections here in Bristol in May 2015. The UKIP candidate didn't win the mayoral race but those who voted for him were overwhelmingly voting for the Labour candidate as their second choice. If you can get those sort of figures in a liberal heartland like Bristol, then it pointed to really strong Leave polling elsewhere and stronger as you moved further up North. 

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Well at least the pound will make up some lost value against the dollar.
    My V key is broken
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    But at least his ineffectuality should shut up the alt right
    My V key is broken
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    And we will be at the top of the queue for a free trade deal... Woo hoo I'm so happy. :anguished: 
  • Should've backed Bernie.