Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

US Election- Who will win?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33837
    edited November 2016
    Chalky said:
    octatonic said:
    Clinton is within 20k of winning the popular vote.
    It means nothing though.
    Exactly. Except that those who dislike the democratic process of the USA can complain, as they do whenever the democratic process comes up with a result they don't like...
    People have a right to complain- I tend not to because it is a waste of energy, just crack on I reckon.
    When things go the other way plenty of people on the right bitch and moan as well.
    Some don't, some do.

Complaining about people complaining is also a waste of energy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nobody. Nobody wins.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Chalky said:
    Exactly. Except that those who dislike the democratic process of the USA can complain, as they do whenever the democratic process comes up with a result they don't like...
    I don't really know why this gets people's goat so much. Nothing wrong with passion, and nothing wrong with making your views known. Democracy is much, much worse when the losing side just gives up and goes home IMO - that's *why* democracy tends only to be as strong as the opposition, and why the concept of an opposition is usually officially codified in constitutions/laws. I believe this applies to the populace at large as well.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    octatonic said:
    Interesting how much the 3rd party voting has gone up.
    The 3 previous elections it was between 1% and 1.6% for anyone other than Rep/Dem.
    This election it is just under 5%.

The conman vs the criminal psychopath: no mystery to me why there's been a lot of third party!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Garthy said:
    Like the EU vote & GE vote here, I think a shy voter is going to make an upset because the supporters of the favourite or status quo are just so fucking complacent and so fucking noisy that a)they do not understand that a significant proportion of the voters are disaffected & willing to cast a protest vote at any cost and b) that a shy voter exists because they feel they dare not air the opinions before or even after the voting, hence the opinion polls that the media pay serious money for got the EU vote wrong and the proportion of the results of the Indy Ref & GE wrong. If I recall correctly only one opinion poll put Trump in the lead, almost all the others either put Clinton just ahead or up to ten points ahead and now the British media are starting to think the opinion polls may have underestimated the shy Trump vote like they did with the shy Indy voter, the shy Tory and the shy leaver.

I am glad I don't need to decide between these two atrocious people as I feel neither are a favourable option, but my gut feeling is that there is enough anti-political feeling in America that Trump will win with the slimmest margin possible.
    Who wants the lottery numbers?
  • Chalky said:
    octatonic said:
    Clinton is within 20k of winning the popular vote.
    It means nothing though.

...and they can also complain before the result about vote rigging and how the system is fixed against them and then go quiet after the event. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    It also means that those of us who said that Hillary would win by a very narrow margin were right :).

It just didn't mean that she became President...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom