Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

More Brexit benefits: 12% supermarket food price hikes on the way

What's Hot

Comments

• I don't know if your assumption of who voted which way is correct.

The poor suffering the most is undeniable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is now a good or bad time to be buying a home?
    I put it off for 9 years but girlfriend just finished chemo and we need to do something. Knowing my luck, I'd buy right before things tank.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    And another example of something they didn't vote for 
    edited November 2016
    We are looking at buying a second home but will sit tight and see what shite the government come up with. Houses in London and Surrey do seem to be overvalued by £100-200k right now. 
  • I may not have the luxury of further extending our wait... Unless her cancer stays at bay and we work abroad for a bit.
    Affordability of housing is unbelievable in the southeast. I was reading an article about the increasing costs of leasehold properties today and was staggered by some of the annual charges people pay for ground rent and service charges on some properties.
  • I live 35 miles from work. Can get a detached house for 180-220k, in Edinburgh more like 270k+ for a new-build in a not great area. In good areas I think it's more like 350k+. Affordable compared to down south, but down south is mental. I wonder if Edinburgh will go that way.. it's already a bit silly imo. 
    edited November 2016
    Our 3 bed detached house £600000 looking for more space and 4 beds and we will rent out the 3 bed house.

4 bed house with more space £800-900000....

mortgage paymnts are mental where where will it stop?????
  • Jesus!!!!!
  • That is actually scary mental.
    I'm buying now before it gets to that level! I've got cash in the bank but rates are worse than ever so what's to lose
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Money is cheap go for it buy as big as you can comfortably afford whilst allowing for rates to go up a little.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11970
    Richardj said:
    Well I have no intention of now returning the UK. We have been screwed over with the collapse in the value of the pound and I'm not sure I want to live in such a divided and increasingly openly racist country (it is starting to make the French look tolerant!)

I'm also sure that no one cares that the public divisions and attacks are there for the rest of the world to see and it does very little for the perception and reputation of the British.

I will look on with interest.
    which more tolerant country are you living in? 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11970
    That is actually scary mental.
    I'm buying now before it gets to that level! I've got cash in the bank but rates are worse than ever so what's to lose
    very high standard of living where I am, plenty of jobs
    £225-£250 for 4 bed detached
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Local house prices to me are a little less reasonable http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43996125.html this faces a railway which has fast moving express trains and noisy trains from the rail construction depot just up the track, and is near one of the busiest and noisiest roads in the town... 2 bed semi £335,000 and that's a reasonably good price for a house around here.

Most of the people I know who grew up here have bought houses in other towns just because they can't afford to buy where they grew up.

So, who knows, maybe if the doomsayers are right and post brexit the economy collapses completely, at least housing will be cheaper here :)
  • @ToneControl  where do you live?
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited November 2016

I have work mate who came from Eritrea .

He owns a ( right to buy) 4 bed flat in Angel Islington, which he rents out and it  pays the mortgage on his 3 (now converted to 4) bed semi in Ruislip.

He's a pipe fitter,lovely guy.

Now way over  a property millionaire.

Lucky, right time, right place and making good decisions.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't tell me these things or I'll explode lol
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33837

I have work mate who came from Eritrea .

He owns a ( right to buy) 4 bed flat in Angel Islington, which he rents out and it  pays the mortgage on his 3 (not converted to 4) bed semi in Ruislip.

He's a pipe fitter,lovely guy.

Now way over  a property millionaire.

Lucky, right time, right place and making good decisions.

I reckon about half the people in London who've owned a house for more than 10 years are 'millionaires' on paper- it is largely meaningless as you still need to move somewhere once you sell it.

There is a big difference between owning a million quid property and having a million quid in the bank.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10339
    Sell your London home.Move to Grimsby.

Quids in.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't speak for Married Couples with kids who obviously have a bigger budget, but I'm on my own and earn relatively low income, so I shop carefully, buy offers, don't stick to the same thing, there are always offers on, even if I don't need it(already have it in) and it's cheap and will get eaten before it expires, or freezes, I buy it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.