Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sensible Android phones

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    The full-fat 64Gb/4Gb feller. Black front, blue back, blue accent. Fierce. Need to order a big MicroSD card too.
    Hell yeah! Rawr! And stuff.
    Also turns out (found it while I was trying to dinf out how big an SD card I can get into it) that you can configure the SD card to be seen as internal memory. So no faffing about trying to get Spotify to put its cache on the SD card. I've ordered a 128Gb Sandisk card so that ought to last me a while.
    Awesome. I have to decide between a stainless steel exhaust system for my campervan, or a new phone. Or beans on toast for Xmas dinner!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a Moto G4 in September, after 3 years of owning a Lumia Windows phone.  I spent ages looking for a sub-£150 phone and am pleased with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    The full-fat 64Gb/4Gb feller. Black front, blue back, blue accent. Fierce. Need to order a big MicroSD card too.
    Hell yeah! Rawr! And stuff.
    Also turns out (found it while I was trying to dinf out how big an SD card I can get into it) that you can configure the SD card to be seen as internal memory. So no faffing about trying to get Spotify to put its cache on the SD card. I've ordered a 128Gb Sandisk card so that ought to last me a while.

The only thing I would say about that is that on my Moto G (2nd gen) and my wife's Moto G (3rd gen) the "internal memory" SD card thing failed spectacularly and bricked the SD cards. They crashed and could no longer be read in the device (or any other device, because they're encrypted specifically to your handset) and the SD cards went into "I've got a fault, set the read-only flag to protect the data" so now I can't even re-format them.

Personally I'd be very wary of formatting a card that I wasn't prepared to lose as internal memory on a Motorola device now.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28735
    Ah - good to know, thanks. I'll see if I can get it working as a profitable drive with Spotify then first.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Outside contender here, but I've just picked up a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. Apparently the biggest handset brand in China, more market share than Apple out there. Had a recommendation, did some research, decided to chance it. Ordered it from Gearbest, had it delivered inside a week. Been using it since Friday and seems great so far. Cost me just over £100, plus a bit extra for a screen protector and a case. Battery life is a massive improvement on my old HTC and it's slick and responsive. So far, I think it knocks the pants off anything I'd have got for that money over here.
    It has arrived.

First impressions are that it is HUGE. Any bigger would be too big, and I've not got small hands. Feels nicely solid though. Installing apps at the moment, and downloading all my Spotify library to the SD card - by the looks of it that'll take a few days...

Quite quick and responsive so far.
    Ah; Android.

You let me put the cursor into the middle of a word. Thank you.