Peter Cook - Guitar Builder - The Who and many others.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27509
    @BAJD ;

Are you happy for your photos to be included here?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BAJDBAJD Frets: 2

Yes

Another attempt to post photos of my Peter Cook Guitars - https://www.flickr.com/photos/140770712@N08/
  • BAJD said:
    Another attempt to post photos of my Peter Cook Guitars - https://www.flickr.com/photos/140770712@N08/

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's you!!
    You are on my blog!
    I can't remember where I got the images from.

Such a shame you don't have them now - if you want I can put an edit on the post and ask if anyone has any knowledge of them.

Using the twin, what sort of music did you play?

Cheers. =)

• TTony said:
    @BAJD ;

Are you happy for your photos to be included here?
    Absolutely! =)
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    57Deluxe said:
    "The Worst job I ever had..."
    Lobsterisimusbumikissmus
    BAJD said:

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's you!!
    You are on my blog!
    I can't remember where I got the images from.

Such a shame you don't have them now - if you want I can put an edit on the post and ask if anyone has any knowledge of them.

Using the twin, what sort of music did you play?

Cheers. =)

I was playing in a covers band throughout the '70s.  A whole mix of music as needed when you played for dinner dance functions and working-men's clubs.  We were based in the Brighton / Worthing area.  The Firebird was sold by the end of the '70s, the double-neck (a cumbersome guitar) was sold in the early eighties and the Les Paul by the mid-late '80s.  I would love to get hold of the Les Paul again as I really loved that guitar and regretted getting rid of it.  At the time I had stopped playing in bands and went around 8 years without an electric guitar at all then in the mid '90s I started all over again!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    edited November 2017

Sorry this has taken so long to post, took me ages to track down the picture. This is my old mate Ben Benson with his Ned Callan bass. The photo is from 1974, but I think he'd bought it second hand so it probably predates that by at least a couple of years. It was gloss black with a tinted maple neck and rosewood fretboard as far as I can remember. The knobs were amber/gold. Cant remember much else about it, except it was very heavy and it sounded thunderous! Massive output, pretty much like a MM Stingray.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    A nobbly Ned! 

Ned Callan bases were designed by Peter Cook (with some involvement with John Entwhistle) and were built by Shergold. Iirc, production started in 1971 on those... later, there were cheaper versions made in the Far East bearing the Shaftesbury name.

And yes, thunderous sounding things!!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• boogieman said:

Sorry this has taken so long to post, took me ages to track down the picture. This is my old mate Ben Benson with his Ned Callan bass. The photo is from 1974, but I think he'd bought it second hand so it probably predates that by at least a couple of years. It was gloss black with a tinted maple neck and rosewood fretboard as far as I can remember. The knobs were amber/gold. Cant remember much else about it, except it was very heavy and it sounded thunderous! Massive output, pretty much like a MM Stingray.

Thanks for this - I love pics that show instruments being used in the period they were made.
    I too, have a Knobbly, in Suburst.
    Will try and dig out a pic.
    Would you be OK for me to use the image on my blog?

Cheers. : )
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    boogieman said:

Thanks for this - I love pics that show instruments being used in the period they were made.
    I too, have a Knobbly, in Suburst.
    Will try and dig out a pic.
    Would you be OK for me to use the image on my blog?

Cheers. : )
    Sure no problem with that. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited January 2020

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/