SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Black Friday For Part Caster's

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I don't suppose you've got any tele bodies with routing for a neck bucker/filtertron? One of those plus a 22 fret maple board neck would be ridiculously tempting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16751
    GSPBASSES said:

Do not come to me if you want an exact replica of the 58 or 59 Les Paul or any replica of any Les Paul. I use the basic shape of the Les Paul but that's about it, I use a totally different neck joint, all my necks are three-piece mahogany. And the biggest difference I don't use f****** hide glue. I use real mother-of-pearl, and real ebony on the headstock. The ebony on the headstock might change next year as I've been experimenting with Rocklite, and I must admit I really like it. It is made of real wood it is absolutely jet black no streaks. I'm also experimenting with this for fingerboard's. 

www.rocklite.co.uk

wisdom awarded 

I am going to enjoy doing a non-replica relic with my tele bits :)  
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    edited November 2016 tFB Trader
    I don't suppose you've got any tele bodies with routing for a neck bucker/filtertron? One of those plus a 22 fret maple board neck would be ridiculously tempting.
    As it happens, I do have telecaster routed for TV Jones filtertron pickups at the bridge and neck with a flamed maple neck and fingerboard. It doesn't take a telecaster bridge but any hard tail strat type bridge. The control cavity has not been routed yet as originally it was going to have the controls going in from the back, but can be routed from the front to take a T/C control plate. It is very light, as it's been chambered, not fully as per a thin line. 

I'm going away first thing in the morning won't be back till late Sunday or early Monday, at which time I'll photographic for you.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2892
    Next time iv got guitar cash I'm emailing you :)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    @@GSPBASSES ;

what's your website? :)
    joeyowen said:
    @@GSPBASSES ;;

what's your website?

Sorry don't have one. PM me if you need any info. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27657
    joeyowen said:
    @@GSPBASSES ;

what's your website? :)
    TheFretBoard.co.uk

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    joeyowen said:
    @@GSPBASSES ;;

what's your website?
    TheFretBoard.co.uk

Yes, I think your right.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27657
    You're more than welcome!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I got my Jazzmaster parts today Mr @Gspbasses - beautifully made as ever - just got to work out how to wangle a Les Paul of yours now :)

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Got my tele today too! Absolutely lovely. I'm thinking daphne blue with matching headstock.

I'm such a rebel
  • Gah. Annoyed I hesitated on the tele. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSES said:
    I don't suppose you've got any tele bodies with routing for a neck bucker/filtertron? One of those plus a 22 fret maple board neck would be ridiculously tempting.
    As it happens, I do have telecaster routed for TV Jones filtertron pickups at the bridge and neck with a flamed maple neck and fingerboard. It doesn't take a telecaster bridge but any hard tail strat type bridge. The control cavity has not been routed yet as originally it was going to have the controls going in from the back, but can be routed from the front to take a T/C control plate. It is very light, as it's been chambered, not fully as per a thin line. 

I'm going away first thing in the morning won't be back till late Sunday or early Monday, at which time I'll photographic for you.
    I was actually hoping for a regular Telecaster setup at the bridge end, got a Fender Japan ashtray that's been sat in my parts box for years. Basically I've had a long running idea gestating to have a Tele that's a mix of features from the Andy Summer tele custom, Micawber & Danny Gatton's sig; with the Filtertron at the neck as the added twist.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16751
    Got my tele today too! Absolutely lovely. I'm thinking daphne blue with matching headstock.

I'm such a rebel
    i am just trying to decide on colour too... and thinking i may go non-authentic.   I was considering a pelham blue relic, but the ash is pretty nice so I am not sure
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I was wondering about a tele with a neck humbucker rout (wouldn't want to start hacking away at one of your excellent bodies) but traditional tele, elsewhere, and  a rosewood board..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5291
    still waiting for the DC Jr to arrive...plans are oil finish and a lollar custom horseshoe pickup in the bridge for a slide monster
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    WezV said:

I'm such a rebel
    i am just trying to decide on colour too... and thinking i may go non-authentic.   I was considering a pelham blue relic, but the ash is pretty nice so I am not sure
    I got the Obeche one - it's a nice piece too, but it's about time I had a guitar with a solid colour on it - I don't possess one at all!!!  :o
  • GSPBASSES said:

I was actually hoping for a regular Telecaster setup at the bridge end, got a Fender Japan ashtray that's been sat in my parts box for years. Basically I've had a long running idea gestating to have a Tele that's a mix of features from the Andy Summer tele custom, Micawber & Danny Gatton's sig; with the Filtertron at the neck as the added twist.
    Still very much tempted by the neck regardless though @GSPBASSES ;if it's 22 frets & a standard Tele neck pocket.