Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Need something like a jcm800 with a lead channel....any ideas???

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72674
    riffpowers said:

what would you say the closest in voicing are ??
    Easily the JCM800 with a loop or a footswitchable attenuator. Basically the same exact sound but at two volume levels.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2212
    It's exactly how I run my 800. Mine is a reissue with a loop. 

Of which, the loop is very good. I have a Suhr IsoBoost in there and a Providence Chrono Delay. 

I picked mine up for £599 used at guitarguitar. And it was mint. 

Silly price. My all time favourite amp. Does everything. Does faux three channels easily. 

Straight in, no boost for crunch, boost for heavier rhythm, loop boost for lead. Piss. 
  • Nerine said:
    It's exactly how I run my 800. Mine is a reissue with a loop. 

Of which, the loop is very good. I have a Suhr IsoBoost in there and a Providence Chrono Delay. 

I picked mine up for £599 used at guitarguitar. And it was mint. 

Silly price. My all time favourite amp. Does everything. Does faux three channels easily. 

Straight in, no boost for crunch, boost for heavier rhythm, loop boost for lead. Piss. 
    Can you talk me through how you do that ? I have an Mxr eq that I can use to test it in the fx loop . Mine is a reissue too , I love it and bought it brand new and boxed locally for pretty much that same as you . 
  • Wow reissue 800's for 600 notes, nice!  Last time I saw them in a store was new at 1300...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72674
    clarkefan said:
    Wow reissue 800's for 600 notes, nice!  Last time I saw them in a store was new at 1300…
    That was always a daft price when you can get a fully-overhauled, near-perfect-condition original for well under a grand. Unless you really need the loop, of course.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17678
    tFB Trader
    There is one on the classifieds, but it's £850

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/90461/
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3061
    I'm throwing a curve ball and recommending the Laney VH100R. The lead channel has a switchable boost 
  • Stevepage said:
    I'm throwing a curve ball and recommending the Laney VH100R. The lead channel has a switchable boost 
    @Drew_TNBD  had one for sale but not sure if he's still on here? 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Stevepage said:
    I had a gh50l at one point, mine was awful but maybe I was unlucky as a lot of people seem to like their laneys