Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Advice needed - Cheap and cheerful amp head with some power

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    @robgilmo knows someone selling a Fender Frontman 100 head for £80 - with a 4x12", which you could sell and might even get the £80 back!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7578
    Chalky said:
    @ecc83 Dave, I think we've just got a Blackstar-hater here so your words and reasoning will have no effect.
    It is having an effect - it's just that the effect is to draw out explanations from people about why they don't like Blackstars, on a forum that does pretty well for SEO. Good job a 'veil was drawn' eh ? ;-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3611
    ICBM said:
    @robgilmo knows someone selling a Fender Frontman 100 head for £80 - with a 4x12", which you could sell and might even get the £80 back!

It was at a local auction house and went under the hammer on Friday, I could ask them if it sold if anyone is interested, this was the second time it went through. To be fair though I have no idea if it even worked but no reason to believe it didn't.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    Strangely enough I quite often watch 'Antiques Road Trip' or those other daft antiques shows because someone I know is involved with them, and every now and then you see an old guitar - but so far no-one has bought one or featured it, despite a lot of these antiques dealer types having no clue about them so there could be the potential for a bargain. A few weeks ago there was an early 60s Hofner Colorama in the background, and I've seen a few others as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914
    Laney AOR?
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639
    ICBM said:
    Strangely enough I quite often watch 'Antiques Road Trip' or those other daft antiques shows because someone I know is involved with them, and every now and then you see an old guitar - but so far no-one has bought one or featured it, despite a lot of these antiques dealer types having no clue about them so there could be the potential for a bargain. A few weeks ago there was an early 60s Hofner Colorama in the background, and I've seen a few others as well.

Ah! I too have seen quite a few guitars go on the shows but don't know anything about them so cannot comment on any "steals"!

Whilst I am here? There is a guy over at SoS with an odd amp who I keep telling to post here!

It is a 50W looking head, 2x EL34 and a really big OPT. Ally chassis, Bulgin mains and all we can see is "Centre Electronics Essex" Anything known?

Dave.