Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2 channel gigging amp

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    i had a Jet City side by side with a JCM800 and it wasn't close, it was night and day in terms of dynamics, bark, power and feel (in favour of the 800)

there's a Mesa Express 5:50 in the classifieds today
    It's all in how you use it. Since I bought my first Jet City amp, I've had a Soldano, a Victory Kraken, Framus Cobra, a Laney, a rack rig (ADA MP-1 + Marshall 20/20)...all of them have been sold because none of them matched up to the Jet City in terms of what I want - either in sound or feel.
    Out of interest what laney and how did it compare? I have a GH50L I go hot and cold with and Jet City (either a JCA20H or Custom 22) was what I considered replacing it with - if I ever manage to sell the Laney that is. Can't find many clips online or anywhere to try em out though! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    TTBZ said:
    i had a Jet City side by side with a JCM800 and it wasn't close, it was night and day in terms of dynamics, bark, power and feel (in favour of the 800)

there's a Mesa Express 5:50 in the classifieds today
    It's all in how you use it. Since I bought my first Jet City amp, I've had a Soldano, a Victory Kraken, Framus Cobra, a Laney, a rack rig (ADA MP-1 + Marshall 20/20)...all of them have been sold because none of them matched up to the Jet City in terms of what I want - either in sound or feel.
    Out of interest what laney and how did it compare? I have a GH50L I go hot and cold with and Jet City (either a JCA20H or Custom 22) was what I considered replacing it with - if I ever manage to sell the Laney that is. Can't find many clips online or anywhere to try em out though! 
    I've had the Gh50l, the jca 50 and the jca 22, the laney was my favourite. The laney is super sensitive to valve choice though, it can either sound very average or a total world beater. 
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Anyone tried the Marshall jubilee 2525 head?