Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Beards - what do I need to know?

What's Hot

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Dont shave, a small sharp pair of scissors fpr trimming, if you're going for a goatee a straight razor is awesome for shaping.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    Mine curls over when the hair gets longer so it's a bit of a pain to trim.  I just get clippers and go back to a grade 2 every few weeks and then let it grow out again.  Anything longer than a 2 and hairs curl over and go under the clippers.  Wahl clippers are good and don't cost much.

I shave around the edges of it once a week to keep the shape.

When it's short you don't need oil or anything like that but it does help when it gets longer.  I'm still experimenting with the best oil.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Avoid big cream cakes
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • And big creampies?
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Barbers seem to recommend argan oil which is made for heat damaged hair, there maybe some knocking around the house if anyone in the horse household has heated curlers,etc.
    It's not a concoction, it's a natrual product. (And very important source of cash for Berber Women)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argan_oil

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • No wonder my beard tastes so nice!

Jalapeno said:
    Barbers seem to recommend argan oil which is made for heat damaged hair, there maybe some knocking around the house if anyone in the horse household has heated curlers,etc.
    It's not a concoction, it's a natrual product. (And very important source of cash for Berber Women)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argan_oil

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Beard oil and beard shampoo. FFS talk about marketing crap. Funnily enough, soap and bog standard moisturiser work just fine.

If your beard is about a foot long,m yeah, maybe it needs a bit of attention, but jesus mary and joseph....beard shampoo!!!

It will itch like feck once it gets ot a certian lenght, but that does pass after a few days, and do use moisturiser on it as the skin under a beard gets dry, and it helps with the itch.

last tip - if its grey, don't dye it, that really does look ridiculous.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Normal soap makes me flaky as heck. I might start using the beard shampoo on my head because it's pretty gentle
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Funnily enough I already use baby shampoo on my head to stop the bald patch flaking
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Latest Hipster Trend is to also smoke a Pipe with your beard...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Latest Hipster Trend is to also smoke a Pipe with your beard...
    I stopped smoking my pipe so much when I got my dog :(
    #thebatesmotelband
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    Speaking as the forum's  most hirsute poster,  I tend to use the shampoo and conditioner I use for hair as well. 
    A beard comb stops it getting knotted and I use some oil every now and then. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15973
    pedaltrain with a voodoo lab power supply underneath is a good one
    tae be or not tae be
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Reverend said:
    Speaking as the forum's  most hirsute poster,  I tend to use the shampoo and conditioner I use for hair as well. 
    A beard comb stops it getting knotted and I use some oil every now and then. 

the 'ausie' shampoo and conditioners do me pretty well.

a bit of wax rubbed in with oil can help tame some of them unruly parts 

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    goldtop said:
    Beware that your beard may grow a different colour to your hair!

My hair was your usual mousey brown (er... back when I had enough), but my beard attempts were ruined by it being distinctly gingery. It looked like I was a ginger chap dying my hair mousey brown.
    How bizarre. I actually have ginger hair, although these days it's almost blonde and faded but my beard has always been blonde/mousey as are my pubes which are of a similar texture. Does make me smile though when people discover they are actually mischling gingers as their beards grow out. Ha ha.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Snap said:
    Beard oil and beard shampoo. FFS talk about marketing crap. Funnily enough, soap and bog standard moisturiser work just fine.

If your beard is about a foot long,m yeah, maybe it needs a bit of attention, but jesus mary and joseph....beard shampoo!!!

It will itch like feck once it gets ot a certian lenght, but that does pass after a few days, and do use moisturiser on it as the skin under a beard gets dry, and it helps with the itch.

last tip - if its grey, don't dye it, that really does look ridiculous.
    Beard oil really helps with the itching. ;)

I make my own in true hipster fashion, but actually because I realised it was much cheaper to buy the ingredients for 100 bottles than it was to buy one or two ready made bottles.  My current favourite is cedar and lemon oil.... luthier scented beard oil ;)

i completely shave have at least twice a year, then just leave it to go wild.  
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Weirdly I find my beard gets washed when I wash my face. Am I doing it wrong?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    FX_Munkee said:
    Weirdly I find my beard gets washed when I wash my face. Am I doing it wrong?
    Pfft, calm down grandad. Who washes their face in 2016?!

;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    Who else saw that article in the Sun or whatever about beards containing more fecal matter than a toilet seat? What a load of cock.