Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Secret Bloody Santa...

What's Hot
Got put in the secret santa in work, against all my protests! 

Now I need to search for something for £5 or less that can be given to my supervisor!

We're good work mates, and have known/worked with each other for the last 4 years so it doesnt have to be something 'safe for work' per se. 

But I'm useless with even buying family gifts so any suggestions most welcome! 

He's a big Elvis fan, but we work for hmv so... albums and dvds would be a real lazy move haha! 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    edited December 2016
    It doesn't matter what he likes 

Last time I got mine a Fray Bentos pie, a pen that played songs in Japanese, a pink fluffy steering wheel cover, a pink glittery cowgirl hat and a bow and arrow. All for a fiver. Bloody bargain.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited December 2016
    I bought a couple of Elvis records from HMV, spookily enough (That's Alright Mama), but you couldn't have one of those for a fiver! ;)

Last secret Santa I did, five people got a bottle of port and I got a Santa mankini.  That's the last time I do one!  Although it was probably karma, because the one before that I spent £4.99 on a big jar or Marmite and put it in a box marked LIFETIME SUPPLY.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    If all else fails.... National Lottery scratch cards.

Muslim guy that I work with is called Rex. Someone bought him a dog collar. Didn't go down too well. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Claim you're dyslexic, thought it was secret Satan, and buy something offensive and inappropriate.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    To are too weak willed. I always say no to secret Santa
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Poundland is your friend!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    To are too weak willed. I always say no to secret Santa
    ditto. I don't like all this enforced participation stuff. People may think you are a git for not doing it, but that is a cross we opter outers must endure, if only for the self respect and dignity.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Two lottery tickets and a £1 scratch card?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    £5 HMV gift card. It shows you care
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    HAL9000 said:
    Claim you're dyslexic, thought it was secret Satan, and buy something offensive and inappropriate.
    Legendary!
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Haha I know, I said nah, mainly because a fiver is a pack of dearly needed guitar strings, but it was another work friend who 'insisted' my name went in the hat! Nevermind not too fussed. 

Deffo going to claim I thought it was secret satan and do something devilish though! 
  • Same here - I have to get something by Wednesday's team meeting and the person I'm buying it for is a fitness instructor. So sweets, drinks etc I don't think would be a great idea. although it's all about a pointless gift so I guess I shouldn't over think this.
  • 499 pennies. That way you profit, and they can have lots of fun re-counting them throughout the day wondering if they dropped the last one or just can't count 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    The whole point of secret Santa is that they won't know who bought it. There's always some joker who wraps up a brick, or something.
  • Something I once believed in but now doubt to my very core.

Not Santa: HMV.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    I would have suggested an Unt mug but I've just seen a Lunge mug, so I'll recommend that instead.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Naughty-Novelty-Black-Slogan-Funny/dp/B00U062U70
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    499 pennies. That way you profit, and they can have lots of fun re-counting them throughout the day wondering if they dropped the last one or just can't count 
    I'm stealing that idea. The guy I've got grates on me so a bucket of pennies will do just nicely! Alas, I wish I hadn't agreed to secret Santa either.