Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm so fu*king old....

What's Hot
mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
Clearly all somewhat irrelevant as people are run over going xmas shopping in Berlin or blown up for being a policeman..
but this morning I realised by getting ready to go to work now involves - ibuprofen for my aching back and leg, some sort of hair product to stop my thinning vertex becoming to horrendously obvious, shaving my greying stubble, floss to mitigate the effects of an impacted wisdom tooth, the obligatory tooth paste, mouthwash and then some emollients for my chafed undercarriage due to cycling to work. 
And I'm supposedly a relatively healthy specimen.
Then have the pleasure of my attempts at hugging my kids goodbye to be completely ignored by my them staring at the crystal meth that is CITV. And then spend all day trying not to lose the plot at work. 
I am so fucking old.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• And I can't even spell the thread title corrected cos I'm too blind to see it on my phone. Edited. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Yeah, you sound younger than me. 

Merry Christmas.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • On a more positive note, you are at this very moment the youngest you'll ever be....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    You still got kids at home? Youngster 
  • Fair enough -  I suspect this is absolutely the wrong place to whine about early middle age
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    edited December 2016
    You're only old when you realise the volume control also turns anti-clockwise.

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    HAL9000 said:
    You're only old when you start turning the volume control anti-clockwise.

Damn!!!!
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • What's the hair product?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brylcream - coming straight at ya from the 50s
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    If it helps, I'm 30 and feel like an 80 year old! 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6139
    I have this mental image of myself of how I looked when I was in my late 20s, but every time I look in the mirror I just see this sad old fat balding git looking back at me !?!
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • In 2018 I will be 40. What is odd about that is that I clearly remember my dad turning 40 and my sister winding him up for being over the hill etc.. I thought my dad was so old! 
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    wtf is early middle age? 

Currently life expectancy for a UK male is 81.5 years, which makes middle aged 40 yrs. So early middle age must mean you're in your late 20s or early 30s?
    Man, you've got a long way to go. 

If it's any comfort, I'm in better physical condition since I gave up playing squash twice a week.
    As such, I'm now a firm advocate of the sedentary lifestyle.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    edited December 2016
    This may sound flippant but isn't meant to be...

If I'm honest, I'm not worried about growing old - it happens to us all and apart from certain lifestyle choices there's very little that can be done about it.

What does worry me, though, is that I might grow up. I've seen friends and acquaintances who, on hitting their sixtieth birthday, suddenly buy a Volvo, invest in tartan slippers, and for some unaccountable reason think that beige jumpers are the height of fashion (and that Margate is an acceptable holiday destination).

My intention is to grow old but not to grow up or to start 'thinking old'.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000 said:

If I'm honest, I'm not worried about growing old - it happens to us all and apart from certain lifestyle choices there's very little that can be done about it.
    As my parents always used to tell me...something isn't justified just because everybody else is doing it.
    <space for hire>
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27610
    HAL9000 said:

I've seen friends and acquaintances who, on hitting their sixtieth birthday, suddenly buy a Volvo, invest in tartan slippers, and for some unaccountable reason think that beige jumpers are the height of fashion (and that Margate is an acceptable holiday destination).

You don't have to wait until you're 60 to enjoy those things though ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've decided it's pointless worrying about old age. I'm 44 and taking life as it comes ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    Since hitting 50 I drink more, travel more and enjoy myself more. As you get older you get less time, why waste it being miserable? 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    I've had the best time ever over the last 5 years. Been travelling more, married an amazing woman I wish I'd known all my life, no mortgage, no money worries, retired so no work stuff to get me down, playing more guitar now than I've done since my teens.

Nowt wrong with getting old (except having to get up for a piss in the night). I'm 62. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    rubbish. I'm 47 and I feel 25. Sod it, who gives a monkey's? Live your life while you have it, to the chuffing MAX!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom