Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cows farting...bothers my daughters conscience

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
Went over the eldest daughter's yesterday (she's 26) to drop off Christmas food aid box and pressies. She made a cup of tea but said she only had oat milk (whatever that is). I took a few sips and boldly pronounced that it tasted gash and that I couldn't drink it.

Her partner, was laughing heartily as I ranted for a few minutes about her being a tree-hugging, liberal, veggie and that she should get some proper cows milk in and pour that oattie filth down the sink. Her poor partner, who is a meat eating omnivore like me suffers this on a daily basis. There's plenty of man food in the food aid parcel I assured him, much to my daughter's disdain.

We had a philosophical debate, well it was more a very un-PC rant on my side, for fun, but basically the long and short of it she's worried about the farm cows farting and the damage the methane is doing to the atmosphere.

Cows farting? FFS.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31600
    It's actually a major contributor to y'know, wossname, but a price worth paying at my age, frankly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    It's actually a major contributor to y'know, wossname, but a price worth paying at my age, frankly.
    I say let mankind make itself extinct, nature will find a way after we're gone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's the biggest threat to mankind. But I love tea. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's the biggest threat to mankind. But I love tea. 
    Donald Trump may take care of things before the flatulent cows

p90fool said:
    I say let mankind make itself extinct, nature will find a way after we're gone.
    I'm busy making myself extinct, my interest will doubtless wane a little after that.
    :)
  • My milks semi skimmed so therefore it must come from semi farting cows. My own farts however are full fat. My conscience is clear
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• I'm not vegan---I'm not even vegetarian---but my wife is.

There is almost nothing---nothing---more tedious than omnivores getting on their soapbox and complaining about what she chooses to (not) eat. 

There's a myth that vegans are preachy. Based on my life experience I can tell you its total bollocks. Meat-eaters are far, far, far more in-your-face about who chooses to eat what. Change the bloody record. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not vegan---I'm not even vegetarian---but my wife is.

There is almost nothing---nothing---more tedious than omnivores getting on their soapbox and complaining about what she chooses to (not) eat. 

There's a myth that vegans are preachy. Based on my life experience I can tell you its total bollocks. Meat-eaters are far, far, far more in-your-face about who chooses to eat what. Change the bloody record. 
    Really? I can't ever remember hearing an omnivore getting preachy about what they eat unless they get put on the defensive by non-meat eaters.

The subject doesn't really come up, it's just food.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:

Really? I can't ever remember hearing an omnivore getting preachy about what they eat unless they get put on the defensive by non-meat eaters.

When we go out for food it is always (and I mean always) the meat-eaters that make a thing of it. Always, without fail. Its fucking boring, believe me. What happens is the meat-eaters ask about it when they realise, make a big deal out of nonsense like "oh but you must miss bacon, its fucking delicious" (thats fun when you've heard it 10,000 times) and then when the vegan explains why they don't want to eat pig the omnivores all sit there thinking "well she's a bit pushy, isn't she?". 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    I'm a veggie.  Have been for 35 years.  Couldn't give a damn about cow farts.  Ever tried vegan cheese?  Vile muck. 

Farts are fantastic!!  A never ending source of amusement, pungent pleasure bombs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited December 2016
    I have a few vegan friends and not one of them has told me what I should or shouldn't eat.
    Even when directly asked about the how/why, they tend to be of the mindset of 'well, this is what I do, but it is a personal choice etc...'

They go out of their way to be accommodating when they come here for meals but so do we.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    p90fool said:

When we go out for food it is always (and I mean always) the meat-eaters that make a thing of it. Always, without fail. Its fucking boring, believe me. What happens is the meat-eaters ask about it when they realise, make a big deal out of nonsense like "oh but you must miss bacon, its fucking delicious" (thats fun when you've heard it 10,000 times) and then when the vegan explains why they don't want to eat pig the omnivores all sit there thinking "well she's a bit pushy, isn't she?". 

Well yes, I can see that would get boring pretty quickly, especially if they're trying to provoke a response.

My experience is in retail though, where even the vegetarians I work with hate vegetarians.

I get ranted at once or twice a month by vegans or vegetarians about how they're being discriminated against because we don't stock so-and-so, and they're always angry and unfailingly rude.

I really don't care what anyone chooses to avoid eating, but don't call it discrimination - if you put obstacles in your own way don't scream in my face demanding I help you around them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • When in Rome.... or,take your own milk. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited December 2016

Oooh, handbags! my daughter & I were joking

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

IIRC Qi said that cows burping is much worse than the farting.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Went over the eldest daughter's yesterday (she's 26) to drop off Christmas food aid box and pressies. She made a cup of tea but said she only had oat milk (whatever that is). I took a few sips and boldly pronounced that it tasted gash and that I couldn't drink it.

Her partner, was laughing heartily as I ranted for a few minutes about her being a tree-hugging, liberal, veggie and that she should get some proper cows milk in and pour that oattie filth down the sink. Her poor partner, who is a meat eating omnivore like me suffers this on a daily basis. There's plenty of man food in the food aid parcel I assured him, much to my daughter's disdain.

We had a philosophical debate, well it was more a very un-PC rant on my side, for fun, but basically the long and short of it she's worried about the farm cows farting and the damage the methane is doing to the atmosphere.

Cows farting? FFS.

You sound like a charming fellow and excellent, stimulating company.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72402
    If cows farting and burping methane bothers you, the only real solution is to kill them all... and eat them, or they'll just decompose and produce more.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited December 2016
    Went over the eldest daughter's yesterday (she's 26) to drop off Christmas food aid box and pressies. She made a cup of tea but said she only had oat milk (whatever that is). I took a few sips and boldly pronounced that it tasted gash and that I couldn't drink it.

Cows farting? FFS.

You sound like a charming fellow and excellent, stimulating company.
    Not sure if you're being serious or ironic but I'm a generally miserable, un-PC c*nt, make no mistake. But...I do have a sense of humour and love irony, not a big fan of people but love animals. Even farty cows.

• I think your daughter is trying her best to be a decent person and it should be a source of pride for you even if you don't make the same choices. 

Many meat eaters label vegans/vegetarians as wusses yet ironically they dont have the stomach to watch a video like this (UK farm) and contemplate their own dietary choices. 

• I think your daughter is trying her best to be a decent person and it should be a source of pride for you even if you don't make the same choices. 

Many meat eaters label vegans/vegetarians as wusses yet ironically they dont have the stomach to watch a video like this (UK farm) and contemplate their own dietary choices. 

Thanks for the advice