Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cows farting...bothers my daughters conscience

What's Hot

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31600
    Merry Christmas to you too.
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    It’s all such a worry, I have sleepless nights worrying about things like e.g. the amount of water being displaced around the globe - in bottles ’n food etc,, I mean how much water is in a water melon ?. What if to much ends up in the wrong region at the same time - ’n tilts the earth off it’s axis or what ever sending us spinning off into deepest darkest frozen space - forever !.

We’er all doomed on our little (natural) spaceship - we, the parasites have done more damage to our own (and other ’living’  things) in a couple of hundred years and look likely to continue to destroy what took millions of years to evolve.
    Serves us right, oh I had an epiphany a few weeks ago - if I eat 'meat' somethings been killed, why not me?.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6690
    I am happy to discuss my diet choices with anyone who is interested, but I never start the conversation. I never proselytise, and believe in free (but informed) choices. In my experience, many people who make alternative or possibly unconventional choices are far more open and willing to accept those that don't make those choices than the other way round. This applies to not just diet, but medicine, politics, gender, sexuality. The list goes on. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    RandallFlagg said:
    ...but I'm a generally miserable, un-PC c*nt, make no mistake.
    A while back I heard a bloke on the radio equate "un-PC" with basically, "bad manners."   It really made me think.  I concluded that most of the time that's about right.
    Being boorish is intended to be funny but it's a fine line; you're often laughed at (later, behind your back), rather than laughed with.

For what it's worth I also did the "man food" "tree-hugging liberal veggie" boorish trope.  I thought I was funny, my veggie gf kindly smiled at any rate, but it was different times (the 1980s). 

My personal experience of all this pretty much echoes that of @UnclePsychosis and @p90fool insofar as the preachy veg*ns are really irritating and by definition are the ones who make the most noise -- but they soon move on to something else to get offended about, and the only people who've been critical or "funny" about my food have been non-veg*ns.  It happens much less these days.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited December 2016
    Grunfeld said:
    RandallFlagg said:
    A while back I heard a bloke on the radio equate "un-PC" with basically, "bad manners."   It really made me think.  I concluded that most of the time that's about right.
    Being boorish is intended to be funny but it's a fine line; you're often laughed at (later, behind your back), rather than laughed with.

For what it's worth I also did the "man food" "tree-hugging liberal veggie" boorish trope.  I thought I was funny, my veggie gf kindly smiled at any rate, but it was different times (the 1980s). 

My personal experience of all this pretty much echoes that of @UnclePsychosis and @p90fool insofar as the preachy veg*ns are really irritating and by definition are the ones who make the most noise -- but they soon move on to something else to get offended about, and the only people who've been critical or "funny" about my food have been non-veg*ns.  It happens much less these days.
    Is that a long winded way of insulting me?

take thy beak from my wounded heart  :)

Trust me, my daughter and I both have an extraordinary sense of humour and we both prefer wild animals to humans, especially dour people. 

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Is that a long winded way of insulting me?

Nope.  Just sharing a story about how I changed, and why.
  • Went over the eldest daughter's yesterday (she's 26) to drop off Christmas food aid box and pressies. She made a cup of tea but said she only had oat milk (whatever that is). I took a few sips and boldly pronounced that it tasted gash and that I couldn't drink it.

Her partner, was laughing heartily as I ranted for a few minutes about her being a tree-hugging, liberal, veggie and that she should get some proper cows milk in and pour that oattie filth down the sink. Her poor partner, who is a meat eating omnivore like me suffers this on a daily basis. There's plenty of man food in the food aid parcel I assured him, much to my daughter's disdain.

We had a philosophical debate, well it was more a very un-PC rant on my side, for fun, but basically the long and short of it she's worried about the farm cows farting and the damage the methane is doing to the atmosphere.

Cows farting? FFS.

Are you Nigel Farage? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Veganisim is pretty much an eating disorder that results from in extreme need to signal how virtuous you are.  
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Went over the eldest daughter's yesterday (she's 26) to drop off Christmas food aid box and pressies. She made a cup of tea but said she only had oat milk (whatever that is). I took a few sips and boldly pronounced that it tasted gash and that I couldn't drink it.

Her partner, was laughing heartily as I ranted for a few minutes about her being a tree-hugging, liberal, veggie and that she should get some proper cows milk in and pour that oattie filth down the sink. Her poor partner, who is a meat eating omnivore like me suffers this on a daily basis. There's plenty of man food in the food aid parcel I assured him, much to my daughter's disdain.

We had a philosophical debate, well it was more a very un-PC rant on my side, for fun, but basically the long and short of it she's worried about the farm cows farting and the damage the methane is doing to the atmosphere.

Cows farting? FFS.

Are you Nigel Farage? 
    No, are you?

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    2 points to make here. 

1: vegetarian is an old indian word meaning bad hunter. 

2: if we werent supposed to eat animals why make them from meat. 

Seriously though, eat what you want but don't try to force others to do the same. 
  • speshul91 said:
    2 points to make here. 

2: if we werent supposed to eat animals why make them from meat. 

I LOLed at that and actually spat my drink out!

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    Impact of beef farming globally is immense.  It's woefully inefficient.  The amount of soya that needs growing to feed the animals, the quantity of water they consume and waste they generate, it is totally out of control.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    sinbaadi said:
    Impact of beef farming globally is immense.  It's woefully inefficient.  The amount of soya that needs growing to feed the animals, the quantity of water they consume and waste they generate, it is totally out of control.
    oh well.

Let's reduce demand, should we start slaying meat eaters? who's first? 

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    I fundamentally object to battery farmed products on principle

particualrly cauliflower, kale and parsnips
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    sev112 said:
    I fundamentally object to battery farmed products on principle

particualrly cauliflower, kale and parsnips
    LOL and don't forget the tasteless radishes, carrots and cucumbers grown in water only, it's an outrage for the veggies/vegans, tasteless watery filth. The amount of CO2 needed to grow tomatoes in bulk is killing us

• "Eat what you want, just don't force it on other people, its just food, nobody makes an issue of it, oh, but we reserve the right to mock you endlessly with the same jokes you've heard eighteen thousand times just because you don't want mashed up cow bones in your haribo" 

The "non-PC" banter chiefs are nothing if not utterly predictable in their tedium. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Grunfeld said:
    RandallFlagg said:

---indeed. Its up there with describing yourself as "wacky", "random", or "a joker". Thinly veiled code for being utterly insufferable. 

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/very-honest-woman-actually-just-horrible-20160223106500
  • "Eat what you want, just don't force it on other people, its just food, nobody makes an issue of it, oh, but we reserve the right to mock you endlessly with the same jokes you've heard eighteen thousand times just because you don't want mashed up cow bones in your haribo" 

The "non-PC" banter chiefs are nothing if not utterly predictable in their tedium. 
    Happy Christmas!

edited December 2016

Grunfeld said:
    RandallFlagg said:

---indeed. Its up there with describing yourself as "wacky", "random", or "a joker". Thinly veiled code for being utterly insufferable. 

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/very-honest-woman-actually-just-horrible-20160223106500
    You object to me un-PC but not miserable or a cunt?

Utterly insufferable? who me?  :)

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Until Vegetarians stop owning cats normal people can safely ignore them. They are funding a proxy war against animals....  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom