Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cows farting...bothers my daughters conscience

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• "Eat what you want, just don't force it on other people, its just food, nobody makes an issue of it, oh, but we reserve the right to mock you endlessly with the same jokes you've heard eighteen thousand times just because you don't want mashed up cow bones in your haribo" 

The "non-PC" banter chiefs are nothing if not utterly predictable in their tedium. 
    you're a cheery little soul aren't you?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive been a veggie for some thirty years now and my experiences have been much like Uncle Psycosis has related. Once people find out, they want you to justify it. They'll suggest you're a hypocrite for eating, for instance, a veggie sausage. "You may as well eat a real one!", missing the point that it doesn't contain animal bits. Is that so hard to understand?
     And yes, the same old jokes.
     You don't have to agree, but you don't need to be a dick about it either.
     Equally frustrating is Morrissey. Every time he opens his fucking mouth, he makes life harder for the rest of the veggies out there.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • "Eat what you want, just don't force it on other people, its just food, nobody makes an issue of it, oh, but we reserve the right to mock you endlessly with the same jokes you've heard eighteen thousand times just because you don't want mashed up cow bones in your haribo" 

The "non-PC" banter chiefs are nothing if not utterly predictable in their tedium. 

---hurt your feelings? Cheer up, it's just banter! 

Oh, hang on, not so funny when you're on the receiving end? Gotcha. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28352
    Evilmags said:
    Until Vegetarians stop owning cats normal people can safely ignore them.
    Do you actually know what vegetarianism is?

Until there are no recessions we can safely ignore economists by your logic (actually, that one's pretty sound).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited December 2016
    "Eat what you want, just don't force it on other people, its just food, nobody makes an issue of it, oh, but we reserve the right to mock you endlessly with the same jokes you've heard eighteen thousand times just because you don't want mashed up cow bones in your haribo" 

---hurt your feelings? Cheer up, it's just banter! 

Oh, hang on, not so funny when you're on the receiving end? Gotcha. 
    Hurt my feelings? No. got me? No.

jog on and bore someone else, my opening post was half tongue in cheek but your rant aboug veggie bashers has ruined it.

never mind.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

my opening post was half tongue in cheek
    How was anyone meant to know?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

Well I did use the words laughing, cows farting and gash. What's not to find funny?

Must be the way you tell 'em.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    you get more methane given off from peat bogs ie marsh gas. So, bearing in mind we have decimated them over recent years we should now be given some Kudos points back??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

That gives me an idea for a sandwich :)

Like a lot of things we become de-sensitised. You can show people plenty of videos about animal welfare in the food chain and they will be shocked. They will also pop down to the local supermarket and buy sausages for breakfast or a joint of meat for a roast.
    I like meat
    I like vegetables
    I like meat and vegetables together
    Im now hungry.....
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15965
    If she's worried by the farting she should try water instead
    tae be or not tae be
  • It's funny how the straight talking no-nonsense non-pc types always go in a huff when they're the ones under the spotlight and not the ones dishing out the HILARIOUS BANTER. 

Merry Christmas! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    I'd recommend almond milk as the milk substitute closest to cow's milk in tea and coffee if your daughter has just only just started experimenting with alternatives.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31600
    Sporky said:

I knew, don't worry @RandallFlagg , some of us got it. 

I definitely lean towards the liberal tree hugging left but feel comfortable having a reactionary rant with close friends and family, it keeps things spicey and stops us "PC" types being mired in self destructive humourlessness. 

I have the distinct impression you'd defend your daughter's rights to the death, but I think a good few on here missed it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    Sporky said:

I knew, don't worry @RandallFlagg , some of us got it. 

I definitely lean towards the liberal tree hugging left but feel comfortable having a reactionary rant with close friends and family, it keeps things spicey and stops us "PC" types being mired in self destructive humourlessness. 

I have the distinct impression you'd defend your daughter's rights to the death, but I think a good few on here missed it. 

--- my father in law would defend my wife's rights to the death, but he's still reduced her to tears with "hilarious" "jokes" about not eating meat. 

Here's the thing - if you're going to take the piss out of people for not eating meat or dairy then you need to be prepared for people taking the piss out of you for being a tedious bore because that joke sailed a long, long time ago. So if you can't take it, don't dish it out. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Apologies for being a grumpy git. Heartfelt apologies and a genuinely Merry Christmas to all! 
  • Dan86Dan86 Frets: 116
    Yes, the harmful amounts of methane comes from their mouth, not arse :)
    My art/photography : http://danuk86.deviantart.com
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72403
    Dan86 said:
    Yes, the harmful amounts of methane comes from their mouth, not arse :)
    "What's the difference between a cow and a politician?"

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein