Right then...

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24342
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
My festivities don't start until about an hour from now.  I will definitely be abandoning my 'I'm not drinking anymore' thing.  We're only going over my wife's sisters, but she likes a drink too, so I suspect I will be severely hungover tomorrow, after arguing with everyone then dancing in the garden naked with a turkey carcass on my head.

I've done worse..

Maybe I shouldn't drink ?
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Your call but IMHO it is easier to stay off it than it is to resume not drinking after a period of drinking again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I want to see the NCD (new carcass day) photos...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    octatonic said:
    Your call but IMHO it is easier to stay off it than it is to resume not drinking after a period of drinking again.
    This in spades.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27598
    octatonic said:
    If it were anyone else, I'd be strongly agreeing.

But, as its you Mr Emp ...

Emp_Fab said:
    in the doghouse for getting wasted, arguing with everyone then dancing in the garden naked with a turkey carcass on my head.
    .... please make sure someone is recording it all.

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    Get mullered. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24342
    Te truand bastard rerrt fnung.. Tunky carkaese.

Cnunts.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    Te truand bastard rerrt fnung.. Tunky carkaese.

Cnunts.
    Most sense you've posted in a long time.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I prefer drunk Emp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11912
    don't drink as much as you used to on a big night, your tolerance will have dropped
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    don't drink as much as you used to on a big night, your tolerance will have dropped
    Spoilsport... I mean, yes, good advice.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited December 2016
    Im back home standing around the pentagon and going to bed sober. Cant stand drinking with people who dont.know how to get drunk and relax or want to turn it into some sort of intellectual or who knows the best for everyone else power struggle or an argument and the pub is closed. I'ii probably have the flu and food poisoning by morning. Great. And the pubs only open for three hours again tomorrow full of one pint nursing once a year annual visitor wonders who mostly wouldnt know what dancing naked even was although they'll be sure to give you some boring judgemental derogatory lecture about something or other about your person when you haven't even spoken to them or worse been open minded and friendly towards them. A lot of these people dont even exist on a spritual plane and must feel it their duty to offload a dose of their insular righteousness upon you at christmas. Wouldnt know what a simple man or a simple life was until it is too late. Where do they creep out from at christmas. I only ever hear from them at christmas. Now ive run out of fags. Think im going to sacrifice some small furry animal

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ Remember kids - drinking is not big and it's not clever....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited December 2016
    ^ but im sober? Which is probably why I didnt get it. Have a lol. Im going to bed
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    Well, that was interesting.  My joking pretend-drunk post earlier aside.  I drank a whole bottle of red wine and a bottle of 5.2% Hobgoblin and I feel like I've had nothing more than a cup of tea.  Not the slightest sensation of being drunk.  WTF is that all about ?

We had a nice buffet then I managed to completely erase everything on my sister-in-law's TIVO box in an attempt to get the audio right, then she fell asleep on the sofa (mind you, she was pissed when we got there).  Left her snoring half an hour ago.

Oh well, at least I didn't run around the garden naked with a turkey carcass on my head.

I remember (vaguely) crashing out in parties, out of my mind on booze and narcotics, sleeping on park benches, racing around country lanes at highly illegal speeds on powerful motorbikes (not after booze or narcotics though), watching live bands, playing pool.

Look at me now....  52, overweight, no social life, I don't smoke, gave up the drugs long ago.  I don't even play guitar anymore.

Is this all that's left ?  Buffet teas with the family and sitting on the sofa watching bloody TV ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    Is this all that's left ?  Buffet teas with the family and sitting on the sofa watching bloody TV ?
    Depends if that's what you want from the next however-many years of your life.

if it is, then sounds like it's all there waiting for you.

if it's not, then work out what you *do* want, get out there, and find it.  It's rare for it to just drop into your lap when you're not looking - and if you didn't know that it's what you wanted, you'd probably not notice anyway.

your life mate, do with it as you want.

HTH.
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    What's HTH ?

As for 'going out there and finding it'....  I'm far too much of a procrastinator for that.  My approach is "wait for it to land in your lap and when it doesn't, moan like buggery how shit life is, until you die".  Not the most efficient or logical methodology I know, but hey-ho...  I am what I am...  (cue big gay musical sequence).
    TTony said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Depends if that's what you want from the next however-many years of your life.

if it is, then sounds like it's all there waiting for you.

if it's not, then work out what you *do* want, get out there, and find it.  It's rare for it to just drop into your lap when you're not looking - and if you didn't know that it's what you wanted, you'd probably not notice anyway.

your life mate, do with it as you want.

HTH.
    :)
    Agree 100%.
    Sometimes a dramatic change is required (like leaving a job or a marriage), sometimes it is just a change of attitude or approach.

Ah well then.

one lump or two?
    None thanks.  I've just eaten an entire box of Mint Matchmakers.  I probably have enough sugar in me to make my pancreas explode right now.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I say drink hard enough to not need to worry about it next year... maybe take a dump in the living room
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom