Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post Your Electoral manifesto.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• 1. Complete overhaul of the education system, with extra funding for mental health in education. Abolish exams and use continuous assessment/project work instead.
    Apprenticeships should lead to A-level/Degree level qualifications.
    2. University should be for the brightest and be free, A-levels will then be worth something again.
    3. Encourage industry/banks to move North/South of London via tax breaks (and build infrastructure to go with it)
    4. Add a penny to income tax and slowly phase out stealth taxes that hit the less well off hardest.
    5. Introduce a national service (Military and civilian)
    6. Reduce business taxes but close loopholes that allow companies to move funds to tax havens.
    7. To get the dole you must work for it if able (With on the job training/references, etc) i,e, all those jobs the council needs doing but does not have the funding for.
    8. Get rid of sink estates with distribution of social housing to all areas.
    9. Increase duty on off license booze but decrease duty for on license (get the pubs working again and reduce overall consumption)
    10. Scrap trident, go for a chaper deterrent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought we'd already covered this when the New World Order was established?

"Don't Be A Dick" shall be the law.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268

8. Get rid of sink estates with distribution of social housing to all areas.

10 years ago our local authority tried this when a dozen cocksockets made an area of 1/4mile square a hell hole. The housing association split them up and flung them to all corners of the town. The original residence had a cocksocket vacuum which was quickly filled by new cocksockets so no change there, and a dozen new postcodes now had the same problem as the original one. Cunts will be cunts where ever they are so let them be cunts together in one place and save the rest of us the aggro & meddling of some hippy trippy bullshit that doesn't account for the law of unintended consequences.

A better idea would be to flush the drinking water of these sink estates with soluble contraceptives.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dtrdtr Frets: 1037
    edited December 2016
    TTony said:
    Gassage said:

I totally understand, more so than you appear do to.

The simple answer is it has never been used.

I'm with @Hertz32 on this one.

Has it been "used" in that someone has pressed a button to make a big boomy thing?  No.  Clearly not.

Has it been "used" in that it has discouraged some nasty people from getting a little aggressive with Britain, or with its interests worldwide?  Well, that, we'll never *know* for sure.  But if you wind back to the days of the proper cold war, nukes in Cuba, etc, then I'd say that our possession of our own little arsenal quite possibly influenced some of the thinking back then.  But, we'll never know whether it was used or not in that way in that sort of a situation.  

You can't prove your contention.

I'll agree that the deterrent is probably of less relevance today as the basis of war has changed and global political differences are less likely to be settled with a bit of mutual destruction.  But then we thought that the basis of war had changed when we dismantled our armed forces back in the 90s & 00s, so perhaps we'd better not chuck the nukes just yet, as they might come in handy one day.

Plus, I'm with @Hertz32 because he doesn't edit history when someone points out that he was wrong.
    :P

I'm also with @Hertz32 on this one.  It's like the fact that I've spent more money and hours than I can count training in martial arts.  I don't think all that time and cash is wasted just because I've not actually kicked the crap out of anyone yet.  I can't even answer the question of when exactly AM I going to kick the crap out of anyone either.  To be honest, I don't actually plan to kick the crap out of anyone ever.  I really don't want to and I hope I never do.  But I'm still training tomorrow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4989
    edited December 2016
    dtr said:
    TTony said:
    Gassage said:

I totally understand, more so than you appear do to.

The simple answer is it has never been used.

I'm with @Hertz32 on this one.

Has it been "used" in that someone has pressed a button to make a big boomy thing?  No.  Clearly not.

Has it been "used" in that it has discouraged some nasty people from getting a little aggressive with Britain, or with its interests worldwide?  Well, that, we'll never *know* for sure.  But if you wind back to the days of the proper cold war, nukes in Cuba, etc, then I'd say that our possession of our own little arsenal quite possibly influenced some of the thinking back then.  But, we'll never know whether it was used or not in that way in that sort of a situation.  

You can't prove your contention.

I'll agree that the deterrent is probably of less relevance today as the basis of war has changed and global political differences are less likely to be settled with a bit of mutual destruction.  But then we thought that the basis of war had changed when we dismantled our armed forces back in the 90s & 00s, so perhaps we'd better not chuck the nukes just yet, as they might come in handy one day.

Plus, I'm with @Hertz32 because he doesn't edit history when someone points out that he was wrong.
    :P

I'm also with @Hertz32 on this one.  It's like the fact that I've spent more money and hours than I can count training in martial arts.  I don't think all that time and cash is wasted just because I've not actually kicked the crap out of anyone yet.  I can't even answer the question of when exactly AM I going to kick the crap out of anyone either.  To be honest, I don't actually plan to kick the crap out of anyone ever.  I really don't want to and I hope I never do.  But I'm still training tomorrow.
    Not really an equivalent analogy though as when and if you "do" kick off with martial arts, it's not going to destroy the planet. And it's a tool you "can" actually employ without MAD.

I do agree with having nukes whilst everyone else has them, that makes sense. I assume we all agree that actually using them in their current state though would be insane? Nuking a large part of the Middle East to defeat Daesh? All of North Korea? Nah!

Nuking a small part of Palestine to help out the Israelis? A small part of Israel to help the Palestinians? A small part of Ireland? A bit of Turkey? etc...

Smaller tactical nukes with more precision would seem to be more sensible, but quite a way away in the current climate.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The only thing going for nukes is they've kept the peace. My dad was in the RAF until 1947 and in 1946 the Russians planned to invade West Germany. The RAF started calling up demobbed aircrew and pulling planes out of mothballs. The Yanks told the Russians that if they invaded they'd get nuked - they shelved the idea. Stalin wanted to try again in the 1950s when he mysteriously died - some say he was assassinated by generals who didn't want nuclear war. This will all come out into the open one day.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Chalky said:
    @koneguitarist said "Nationalise the rail service, and force huge lorries etc off the Roads. Set up distribution points around major UK rail stations so smaller vehicles go to small towns and villages."

I don't think you've actually done any maths on this one, have you?  Number of rail tons, number of rail movements and miles, number of road tons, number of road movements and miles - that sort of thing?
    Nope no maths at all, just an idea off the top of my head, isn't that the point?
  • With modern real time restocking systems we are likely to see far more smaller lorries re-stocking warehouses/supermarkets at regular intervals during the day, rather than big lorries make daily/weekly deliveries.
     I'm working on suck a system right now, with some really cleaver forecasting for supermarket shop shelves that not only looks at reciepts from the till in real-time but also links in with various marketing initiatives, with self tuning forecast algorithms.
    One of the largest loss makers for a super market is an empty stock location.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    With modern real time restocking systems we are likely to see far more smaller lorries re-stocking warehouses/supermarkets at regular intervals during the day, rather than big lorries make daily/weekly deliveries.
     I'm working on suck a system right now, with some really cleaver forecasting for supermarket shop shelves that not only looks at reciepts from the till in real-time but also links in with various marketing initiatives, with self tuning forecast algorithms.
    Interesting and logical.
    If possible, please give your thoughts on reported worries that our Ports could be gridlocked if the UK was to stumble out of the Customs Union.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    With modern real time restocking systems we are likely to see far more smaller lorries re-stocking warehouses/supermarkets at regular intervals during the day, rather than big lorries make daily/weekly deliveries.
    Will the supermarkets employ and train new truck drivers? There is a shortage of drivers as it is.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Utopia, and people who think they can change the world by force and power is why so many people were murdered in the last century. 

Politicians can't change everything for the better. The consequences of their actions over many centuries undoubtedly proves this.  Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, two private citizens who invented things of their own free will, did more to change the world than anybody wielding political force. 

I really believe very few bien pensant types have really gotten round to understanding things like president Trump. And unless they do the world will see a President Wilder or Le Penn. 

Stop believing them. They are no smarter than you or I, just manipulative bastards incapable of sucess without coercion and lies. 
  • 1. Kill all humans.

that's it.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    edited December 2016
    1. Establish a state owned vacuum tube production facility.
    2. Ban shredding.
    3. Make free musical instrument tuition available to families who can't afford it for all children aged 5 and over.
    4. All house builders to build 10% of all properties that they build on a 'not for profit' basis and make them available only to owner/occupiers.
    5. National Curriculum to teach manners (including not holding knives like pencils) from nursery.
    6. Make permanent loss of licence the minimum penalty for any driver who thinks pulling out from a side street when they don't have right of way is okay, due to their sense of entitlement.
    7. Making saying 'can I get?' punishable by a minimum 1 month in prison.
    8. Taxing beards according to size.
    9. Introduce a 100% vinyl tax.
    10. All cyclist to be licenced, insured and identifiable by a registration plate.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    1. Impose a 180 character limit on all of @richardhomer's and @Emp_Fab rants.
    2. That is all.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32 said:
    1. Impose a 180 character limit on all of @richardhomer's and @Emp_Fab rants.
    2. That is all.
    11. Require all those who consider common sense to be a 'rant' to do community service for the remainder of their days....
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited December 2016
    Personal freedom and personal responsibility are two things important to me I think so:

1) Complete withdrawal from the EU
    2) Further devolution of power to local authorities (in practice, less ring-fencing of funds distributed from Westminster)
    3) Westminster becomes a Parliament for England
    4) A UK council for national policy with representatives from the regional parliaments
    5) Convince the Scots to trial Basic Income (I think they would go for it, and they tend to be the guinea pigs for a lot of other polices!)
    6) Renew/replace Trident
    7) No new faith schools and all curriculums vetted
    8) End of charitable status to non-charitable religions
    9) All non-emergency public documents in UK languages only
    10) Free train/bus tickets for kids going to school

11)  Free wagon wheels for all primary school kids.

In terms of the rolling road blocks, I would ban trucks from overtaking other trucks on the motorway, but raise their speed limit from 56 to 60.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Minimum wage (sorry, "living" wage) to be set at the same rate as MPs' salary.
  • Garthy said:
    Will the supermarkets employ and train new truck drivers? There is a shortage of drivers as it is.
    You won't need to train big truck drivers smaller trucks (and ultimately driverless trucks) will be the norm.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Why just religious slaughter? 
    My V key is broken