Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post Your Electoral manifesto.

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    Fretwired said:
    Gulliver said:

The Brexit money hasn't materialised because that was an obvious and demonstrable fiction - that many people were duped into believing.

But don't let a small matter like the facts to get in the way of a good rant. 
    @Fretwired

FFS...don't be harsh....

He's been travelling- did you not know that?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27563
    Chalky said:
    @Gassage - you clearly want to get rid of Trident and your passionate belief is impressive. But your arguments are woeful.

Gassage said:
    Do you really believe we have political strength when our PM is snubbed and is a joke and the US President Elect called South Korea before he did us?

Mr G - referencing Numpty-Trump to try to support your point won't really make your argument any less woeful.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    Chalky said:
    @Gassage - you clearly want to get rid of Trident and your passionate belief is impressive. But your arguments are woeful. Move on to another manifesto item...

So I'll ask again, when have we needed to use, or needed to threaten to use it?

And, what benefit does it offer against the modern threats to security?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Gassage said:
    Chalky said:
    @Gassage - you clearly want to get rid of Trident and your passionate belief is impressive. But your arguments are woeful. Move on to another manifesto item...

So I'll ask again, when have we needed to use, or needed to threaten to use it?

And, what benefit does it offer against the modern threats to security?
    Imagine you are sitting in a bar in the US. A guy walks in and says you are sitting in his favourite seat. He smiles and asks you to move to another seat in the bar.  You notice the handgun tucked in his waistband.

He hasn't used the gun and hasn't threatened to use it. Is your next decision potentially influenced by him having a gun?

My point is simply a logical demonstration that you don't have to use weapons or threaten to use them for them to potentially influence the decisions of others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    Easy. Don't go into the US in the first place then there is no need.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    It seems like all politicians you've posted a manifesto that YOU want, not what the country wants, then fucked up the debate by telling the electorate they are wrong when they question parts of it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    OK: You have 10 (or less) points to make in order to support your election as PM.

6. Total ban on alcohol advertising and all booze branding to match that of cigarettes.

How would this not totally fuck professional sport in the UK? If you're in favour of legalising cannabis, would you also say that cannabis companies can't sponsor sports teams etc? 

Personally I find the like of McDonalds sponsoring the Olympics far more insidious than, say, Thatchers being an official partner of Somerset CCC. 

Garthy said:
    It seems like all politicians you've posted a manifesto that YOU want, not what the country wants, then fucked up the debate by telling the electorate they are wrong when they question parts of it.
    Yes, that's why it's my manifesto.

Gassage said:
    OK: You have 10 (or less) points to make in order to support your election as PM.

6. Total ban on alcohol advertising and all booze branding to match that of cigarettes.

How would this not totally fuck professional sport in the UK? If you're in favour of legalising cannabis, would you also say that cannabis companies can't sponsor sports teams etc? 

Personally I find the like of McDonalds sponsoring the Olympics far more insidious than, say, Thatchers being an official partner of Somerset CCC. 
    Ahhh...the point is 'to match'. So, you remove some of the stupid rules re cigs and then as you were.....

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Abolish the Bank of England. 
    Make the lending of sight deposits illegal
    Privatise currency and allow issuing banks to compete. 
    Legalise all drugs
    Legalise prostitution
    Constitutional protection of free speech
    Drop taxation to below 15% of GDP
    Introduce competition to policing 
    Constitutional right to personal, social and economic liberty. 
    Reduce spending until it gets close to zero
    Pay off the national debt. Burdening the unborn with obligations they had no decisions in is unethical. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • My ten points. 
    1 everybody pays same rate of tax after £15,000 20%. up to £10,000 no tax, £10-15000 10%
     no loopholes or expenses etc, heavy fines if caught. 
    2 marijuana to be prescribed legally by Drs. 
    3 prostitution to be licensed allow ugly people to get fucked without costing a fortune on flowers and a meal! 
    4 School tuition to be free to uk residents after living here for 5 years! Raise prices for everyone else. 
    5 do deal with US over a nuclear deterrent, trident is outdated, yet I believe it's a requirement. 
    6 lose the RAF, let the RN and Army cover it like they used to with FAA and AAC 
    7 Bring back grammar school system, it worked, the smartest kids will still do well and go to uni and becomes DRs and Lawyers etc, but we need the tradesmen like carpenters, bricklayers and plumbers. 
    8 NHS free to UK residents after 5years living in UK. 
    9 Nationalise the rail service, and force huge lorries etc off the Roads. Set up distribution points around major UK rail stations so smaller vehicles go to small towns and villages. 
    10 stop local councils doing stupid roadworks that are not needed and actually repair holes in the road instead. Personal pet hate. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Garthy said:
    By the way- you know, you are very wrong about this- the way you gather info from people who won't normally express an opinion is to express something they disagree with in a framework they can re-use. Hence this post.

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I'd get in on banning multi-quotes on fora.
    Makes the whole page impossible to read on mobile.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    Hertz32 said:
    Imagine you are in a room with 50 people, all of whom have wants and needs. 5 of them have buttons that control the explosives that are strapped to every single person in the room. 

Not one of those 5 will use the button, but they sure as shit dont care as much about the wants of the people without buttons. 
    Would you want a button? Or does the idea of having control through potentially violent means mean that you'd say no? 
    are the buttons chocolate?
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 1. I will make informed decisions on key issues after being in posession of as much information as possible if necessary defering a decision until the salient facts can be obtained or delegating the decision to someone more qualified instead of promising unsubstantiated policy points that may be undeliverable just to appease popular opinion. In other words Id be a leader not the puppet with the electorates collective hand up its arse.

2-9 There are no other points on this manifesto.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @koneguitarist said "Nationalise the rail service, and force huge lorries etc off the Roads. Set up distribution points around major UK rail stations so smaller vehicles go to small towns and villages."

I don't think you've actually done any maths on this one, have you?  Number of rail tons, number of rail movements and miles, number of road tons, number of road movements and miles - that sort of thing?
  • @gasssage solid manifesto in my book,

scrapping trident is a no brainer imo - especially as the money could be spent used to such great effect elsewhere
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24325
    @Gassage This is surreal...  only yesterday I was walking Pugsley and thought about posting a thread asking the exact same question !  Are you me ?  Am I you ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here are some ill conceived and poorly thought out ideas i'd put forward

1 - scrap politicians, have public servants/administrators divided into departments who prepare and present information on issues from a variety of perspectives which are then decided on via a specific vote

2 - where ever possible the devolution of power from central governments/institutes to local communities

3- abandon the pursuit of sustaining economic growth at the expense of everything else - instead attempt to measure  and prioritise the happiness of people and the harm we are doing to the environment

4- decriminalisation of all drugs and prostitution, treat addiction, rather than criminalise it.

5- re create the curriculum with enhanced focus on citizenship and wellbeing - including yoga, meditation, healthy lifestyles, budgeting, creativity, mental health, community,

6- attempt to address discrimination of all kinds, transgressions met with awareness programmes and service in communities

7 - greater maternity and paternity leave

8 - 4 day working week

9 - scrap trident and drastically down size the armed forces - refocus the arm's attention on to things like responding to environmental emergencies, providing support to communities with issues like vandalism, structural maintenance etc

10 - well resourced community spaces with programmes/facilities for young people, old people etc