Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post Your Electoral manifesto.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30926
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
OK: You have 10 (or less) points to make in order to support your election as PM.

The rules are they're things you'd what to change and are changable.

What are they and why?

Mine:

1. Tax reform and NI: Raise taxes by 1% basic, 1% upper and introduce supertax of 50% on earnings over £200k to fund 2 below. Tax relief of 5% for essential workers (teachers, nurses, fire); All FS workers who own over £1m to be taxed an additional £50k to be placed into 'innovation funding. Mandatory health insurance paid by all employers, including for zero hour workers.
2. Abolish all forms of paid education for nationalised residents; in its place, using money from 2 above, introduce 3 bands of school, based upon entrance exams and, importantly, make all education completely secular.
3. Formation of a crack squad of Boardroom Fraud Investigators with teeth and empowerment.
4. Ban all forms of religious animal slaughter techniques.
5. Nationalise the Royal Family, make it a profit making PLC with KPI's and targets and an ability to invest (no shareholding allowed over 1%)
6. Total ban on alcohol advertising and all booze branding to match that of cigarettes.
7. Legalise personal use of Cannabis.
8. All politicians to resign directorships and biz interests for 4 years prior and 4 years after office; no income from other sources of any kind, but raise salaries. Expenses on residences abolished.
9. Cancel Trident and put money into Innovation Fund 7 above and alternative energy sources.
10. All nationalised companies that are 'sold off' are to attract a proportional dividend of 40% split accross working public as basic rate tax relief.

Based upon this, I expect to win by a landslide.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5274
    edited December 2016
    you got my vote one for me would be that

use of false information by persons seeking public office to garner support will be illegal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    4 and 9 just made you unelectable. 

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    edited December 2016
    1 death to false metal
    2 marmite.  You either love it or you shouldn't be allowed to vote
    3 if you are famous for "reality" tv then you legally cannot be referred to as a celebrity
    4 Katie Hopkins will have to listen whilst someone explains why what she said makes he look so stupid,  everything she goes near a keyboard or microphone. And then shown a photo of her dogging before she naked a moral pronouncement. 
    5 anyone in politics to be fitted with a small scale taser that goes off anytime they tell a lie. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    Hertz32 said:

Why 4?
    And, when was the last time we needed to use Trident?

Reverend said:
    1 death to false metal
    2 marmite.  You either love it or you shouldn't be allowed to vote
    3 if you are famous for "reality" tv then you legally cannot be referred to as a celebrity
    4 Katie Hopkins will have to listen whilst some new explains why what she said makes he look so stupid,  everything she goes near a keyboard or microphone. And then shown a photo of her dogging before she naked a moral pronouncement. 
    5 anyone in politics to be fitted with a small scale taser that goes off anytime they tell a lie. 

Would you like to be my Chancellor?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9678
    All pay rises to be across the board ie if the CEO awards himself 20% then everybody else also gets 20%.

People owning shares to be made to hang onto them for, say, five years before being allowed to sell. That way investors would be interested in the long term viability of the company instead of a quick profit.

All manifesto promises to be legally binding.

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    edited December 2016
    Gassage said:
    Hertz32 said:

Why 4?
    It's a deterrent so it's never been used. But the threat of a deterrent has been used for many years. 

The tax and education ideas I like. I was one of the last year's to get tuition free uni and strongly believe it should be free for all.
    edited December 2016
    dano said:
    Gassage said:
    Hertz32 said:

Why 4?
    It's a deterrent so it's never been used. But the threat of a deterrent has been used for many years. 

When has the UK ever used it as a threat or deterrent?

• danodano Frets: 1593
    Gassage said:
    dano said:
    Gassage said:
    Hertz32 said:

Why 4?

Cold war ? 
    The only people that dont want a nuclear deterrent, dont understand how a nuclear deterrent works. 
    Its used every day of the year since since it went operational, it gives us international political leverage we would otherwise miss out on. We are a small nation, dont forget that. 

And banning religious slaughter is a divisive choice, you would struggle to get the religious vote. 

'Awibble'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    All singers will be required to act sensibly.  That is all.
    dano said:
    Gassage said:
    dano said:
    Gassage said:
    Hertz32 said:

Why 4?

Cold war ? 
    Nope. We were never threatened.

Hertz32 said:

And banning religious slaughter is a divisive choice, you would struggle to get the religious vote. 

Yes, but think how many Turkeys would vote for me at Christmas.

edited December 2016
    Hertz32 said:
    The only people that dont want a nuclear deterrent, dont understand how a nuclear deterrent works. 
    Its used every day of the year since since it went operational, it gives us international political leverage we would otherwise miss out on. We are a small nation, dont forget that.

So, as you clearly understand how it works, when would you use it? Describe the scenario.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27560
    Gassage said:

Post Your Electorial manifesto

Mine'd be simple (so as to appeal to the maximum number of voters).

Vote for me because I can spell - the other guy can't.

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    Hertz32 said:

So, as you clearly understand how it works, when would you use it? Describe the scenario.

Its in use today, if we didnt have it then what would stop russia using us as a hostage against the US? 

If you are asking what scenario I'd release the warheads, then I'll point out that that isnt what Trident is used for. It's a political tool, not a military one. 
    'Awibble'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    dano said:
    Gassage said:
    dano said:
    Gassage said:
    Hertz32 said:

Why 4?

Cold war ? 
    And we had nuclear weapons, the vulcan bomber was on constant standby. I dont know that you'd be able to say the same had they not been. 
    'Awibble'
    Hertz32 said:
    Gassage said:
    Hertz32 said:

Its in use today, if we didnt have it then what would stop russia using us as a hostage against the US? 

If you are asking what scenario I'd release the warheads, then I'll point out that that isnt what Trident is used for. It's a political tool, not a military one. 
    Right. So you'd spend £41Bn on something that you admit you'll never use, when there's people dying of cold on the streets , and when that something is purely for national vanity?

Hertz32 said:
    Gassage said:
    dano said:
    Gassage said:
    dano said:
    Gassage said:
    Hertz32 said:

Why 4?

Cold war ? 
    And we had nuclear weapons, the vulcan bomber was on constant standby. I dont know that you'd be able to say the same had they not been. 
    So when would they have been used?

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Gassage said:
    OK: You have 10 (or less) points to make in order to support your election as PM.

The rules are they're things you'd what to change and are changable.

What are they and why?

Mine:

1. Tax reform and NI: Raise taxes by 1% basic, 1% upper and introduce supertax of 50% on earnings over £200k to fund 2 below. Tax relief of 5% for essential workers (teachers, nurses, fire); All FS workers who own over £1m to be taxed an additional £50k to be placed into 'innovation funding. Mandatory health insurance paid by all employers, including for zero hour workers.
    2. Abolish all forms of paid education for nationalised residents; in its place, using money from 2 above, introduce 3 bands of school, based upon entrance exams and, importantly, make all education completely secular.
    3. Formation of a crack squad of Boardroom Fraud Investigators with teeth and empowerment.
    4. Ban all forms of religious animal slaughter techniques.
    5. Nationalise the Royal Family, make it a profit making PLC with KPI's and targets and an ability to invest (no shareholding allowed over 1%)
    6. Total ban on alcohol advertising and all booze branding to match that of cigarettes.
    7. Legalise personal use of Cannabis.
    8. All politicians to resign directorships and biz interests for 4 years prior and 4 years after office; no income from other sources of any kind, but raise salaries. Expenses on residences abolished.
    9. Cancel Trident and put money into Innovation Fund 7 above and alternative energy sources.
    10. All nationalised companies that are 'sold off' are to attract a proportional dividend of 40% split accross working public as basic rate tax relief.

Based upon this, I expect to win by a landslide.

1 would not fund 2. Mandatory health insurance for all workers would bankrupt many small firms and lead to a large rise in unemployment - bigger firms may relocate to Eastern Europe (source: government report on NHS funding). Don't understand how 10 would work.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!