Oil City ... The Weasel on pickups, repair, building and rewinding

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10397
    tFB Trader
    BigPaulie said:
    I know I'm bumping a 9 year old thread, but I don't care!

This is a great guide and for a professional to offer this advice for free is what restores my faith in this community when I discover these golden nuggets.

@oilcitypickups did the 2 to 4 conductor conversion guide ever happen? Search function not proving much use.
    If you would like one - next time that job comes into the workshop I'll make one! 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1101
    edited November 2022
    BigPaulie said:

This is a great guide and for a professional to offer this advice for free is what restores my faith in this community when I discover these golden nuggets.

@oilcitypickups did the 2 to 4 conductor conversion guide ever happen? Search function not proving much use.
    If you would like one - next time that job comes into the workshop I'll make one! 
    Although I'd love to see one, please don't do it solely on my account. However, if you have the time and inclination, I'm sure it would also be well received by many others here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10397
    tFB Trader
    BigPaulie said:
    BigPaulie said:

Although I'd love to see one, please don't do it solely on my account. However, if you have the time and inclination, I'm sure it would also be well received by many others here.
    One of my most satisfying (and most tiring) experiences was having students from Trent University in my workshop, teaching them pickup winding. I really love passing on knowledge, 
    Now the pandemic seems to have passed (fingers crossed) I'm looking forward to starting my pickup winding courses - something that Covid had put on hold, and Trent University helped prove was a worthwhile exercise :-) 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27499

Now the pandemic seems to have passed (fingers crossed) I'm looking forward to starting my pickup winding courses  
    I was remebering that idea just a couple of weeks ago, and wondering whether you’d either managed to get it going, or abandoned the idea thru Covid.

Great to hear it’s still on the cards.

:+1:
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom