Comments

• guitariguitari Frets: 19
    7k during the week and a 10k today = 420k
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1680
    189 + 7 (yesterday) + 11 (today) = 207k
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    taking it easy this week. 3.5 miles Wednesday and 5 miles today.  = 606.6 miles /976km.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    11.5 miles, including Parkrun, on Saturday.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    207+3=210k
    5.8 miles this morning.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    366km + 5km = 371km
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited May 2017
    May 7th: 539km + 9km = 548km
  • Managed to smash out the Bristol 10k yesterday. As I mentioned earlier, I managed to twist my ankle a few weeks ago so haven't really run on it since (apart from an exceptionally short 1km or so with the dog a couple of days ago just to see if it would react).
    I made sure to mobilise my ankle as much as possible before the start and intended to take it steady to begin with, but of course because I was in the first pen I ended up pacing myself way too quickly. Nevertheless, for the first 7k things were going very well, and I was actually on target for the PB I wanted all along. Around that point there are some hills and I think the extra strain was enough to upset my ankle, so for the last 3k I just nursed it home about 45 seconds slower per km than the previous 7k. Despite that I managed to take a few seconds off my old 10k PB, getting back in 49.25! It actually feels alright today as well, so all in all I'm pretty pleased.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    @mcsdan @joneve thanks guys. Took the dog out in my running kit last night (me wearing it not him ;) ) and went for a short trot with him during the walk. It mostly felt okay - although it was far harder work than it should've been. So much for getting a PB on Sunday!
    I tried this with my dog once to try and stop her pulling on the lead - she just started running/walking quicker than she normally does, so continued to pull on the lead! Fecking Springers! 

Managed to smash out the Bristol 10k yesterday. As I mentioned earlier, I managed to twist my ankle a few weeks ago so haven't really run on it since (apart from an exceptionally short 1km or so with the dog a couple of days ago just to see if it would react).
    I made sure to mobilise my ankle as much as possible before the start and intended to take it steady to begin with, but of course because I was in the first pen I ended up pacing myself way too quickly. Nevertheless, for the first 7k things were going very well, and I was actually on target for the PB I wanted all along. Around that point there are some hills and I think the extra strain was enough to upset my ankle, so for the last 3k I just nursed it home about 45 seconds slower per km than the previous 7k. Despite that I managed to take a few seconds off my old 10k PB, getting back in 49.25! It actually feels alright today as well, so all in all I'm pretty pleased.
    Sub-50 minutes! fucking hell! that's properly good. I've got 10 weeks to get around that target time, if I've got any hope of completing the London Tri in under 3 hours (currently looking at around 60mins PB :( )
    5 miles around the quarry at lunchtime.
     Despite that I managed to take a few seconds off my old 10k PB, getting back in 49.25! It actually feels alright today as well, so all in all I'm pretty pleased.
    Excellent. Well done@littlethoughts. Great time :)
  • mcsdan said:
     Despite that I managed to take a few seconds off my old 10k PB, getting back in 49.25! It actually feels alright today as well, so all in all I'm pretty pleased.
    Excellent. Well done@littlethoughts. Great time :)
    @joneve thanks both! the silver lining of only just improving my PB with a slightly compromised run means I have a good chance of setting another PB on my next 10k - if I'd smashed it this time then I would have a harder job of setting a new PB next time ;) 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited May 2017
    May 9th: 548km + 5km = 553km

207+6=213k
    5 miles around the quarry at lunchtime.
    213+10=223k Lovely day here in Austria. Running along the river with a backdrop of snow capped mountains sure beats the slogs I used to do round the back streets of Reading. And at 58 mins 20 secs that's my fastest 10k for about a decade!
    213+10=223k Lovely day here in Austria. Running along the river with a backdrop of snow capped mountains sure beats the slogs I used to do round the back streets of Reading. And at 58 mins 20 secs that's my fastest 10k for about a decade!
    Lol. I used to live in Swainstone Road, just off Basingstoke Road. I had my fair share of running through Whitley etc. Cars up on bricks are not the most inspiring backdrop, I have to agree!
    4.5 miles last night.  This evening I start a new beginners course taking 25 newbie runners from couch to 5k. 
    great turnout at beginners course this eveing. 23 newbies working their way towards 5km in 10 weeks.