2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    week 9 of 10 for my beginners group. They all ran for 35 minutes continuously last night. Some ran for a few minutes extra to complete the route. The front runners covered 3.7 miles in 35 mins. The run was all off road so not the easiest terrain. Next week they complete their 10 week course with their 5km run. Approx half the group have already achieved this over the last week or 2 and week 10 will see everyone fo their 5km. 

Amazing progress and the determination of individuals is great.  People that gasped at running for 2 minutes just a few week back.

For those thinking of a couch to 5k programme, go for it, be senisble and take each run as it comes.  You may just surprise yourself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17716
    tFB Trader
    mcsdan said:
    week 9 of 10 for my beginners group. They all ran for 35 minutes continuously last night. Some ran for a few minutes extra to complete the route. The front runners covered 3.7 miles in 35 mins. The run was all off road so not the easiest terrain. Next week they complete their 10 week course with their 5km run. Approx half the group have already achieved this over the last week or 2 and week 10 will see everyone fo their 5km. 

Amazing progress and the determination of individuals is great.  People that gasped at running for 2 minutes just a few week back.

For those thinking of a couch to 5k programme, go for it, be senisble and take each run as it comes.  You may just surprise yourself.

Awesome work.

I wish I could have joined your group when I was learning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's a good group of people. We initially had 25 but over subscribed to 27. 2 didn't show and 1 dropped out since she wanted to progress at 1 min extra per week (way too long). So will have 24/27 finish the course. Happy with that. Next week is 5km run with support from the running club, graduation certificate, cake and a drink to finish.

• C25K week 7 done. Not such a slog as I thought it was going to be, I'm still sweating liked a buggered Tennessee hog.  

Another 2.2 miles in 25 mins.  I may not be the fastest, but I'm moving faster and further than I have in years. 
  • 615 +5 +5 +5 +10=640k

lovely 10k this morning along the river and a disused railway line. It's amazing that I can do a loop of that kind of distance virtually in the city centre and barely have to use ANY roads. 

Lazy week next week- I'm getting a new tattoo this afternoon so will be letting that heal for a bit. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    Just shy of 11 miles so far this week. Hoping to add another 6 onto that tomorrow before the week is out. 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    11.5 miles including Parkrun. I ran yesterday, but felt OK and improved my "long run Parkrun" time to 23:35.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33867
    8rd July: 708km + 5km = 713km.
    Nice hilly off road 22.2 miles this morning. 1591 feet of hills. Legs feel alright so happy with that.  Big week coming up next week with weekend club run comprising 2 x 35 milers. Should be fun.

889.2 miles/1431km.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17716
    tFB Trader
    Went to a countryside show yesterday which was full of fuzzy animals and hay neither of which I get on well with so I woke up with my throat scratching and my nose virtually shut this morning.

Thought about kicking my run in the head, but decided balls to it took an antihistamine and a couple of goes on my inhaler and went out. Managed a bit shy of 9km which I'm pleased with considering and felt a lot better coming back than I did going out.

Total for the year now a bit shy of 270km
    7 miles, this time along the roads past my old junior school and then on past the house where my dad grew up.
    16.9 miles week just gone.

did a 6mile/10k run yesterday...first one in over 10 years and managed sub 55minutes (just!)...which I was properly happy with . Sub 9 min miles for all except the last mile (which was 9:03)...Felt horrible afterwards but was very rewarding, and timely too, with 12 days until my Olympic Triathlon debut. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Did my normal 5.9km route yesterday and runkeeper on my fucking phone told me I did 3.9km. I deleted the run in disgust. I hate it when that happens. Almost makes me want to not bother (with runkeeper, not with running).
    quarky said:
    Did my normal 5.9km route yesterday and runkeeper on my fucking phone told me I did 3.9km. I deleted the run in disgust. I hate it when that happens. Almost makes me want to not bother (with runkeeper, not with running).
    Precisely why I use Strava. I've found it much better in terms of reliability and keeping GPS signal.

Plus is syncs really conveniently and painlessly with my Garmin Vivoactive watch
    10th July: 713km + 6km = 719km
    joneve said:

did a 6mile/10k run yesterday...first one in over 10 years and managed sub 55minutes (just!)...which I was properly happy with . Sub 9 min miles for all except the last mile (which was 9:03)...Felt horrible afterwards but was very rewarding, and timely too, with 12 days until my Olympic Triathlon debut. 
    excellent. Remember to allow some taper before your tri :-)
  • C25K Week 8 Day 1.   2.77 miles in 28 minutes. 

I do not know what has spurred me in tonight as all I've had to eat all day is two weetabix, low fat yoghurt, honey and a Mars bar. 
    7 miles along the roads.
    C25K Week 8 Day 1.   2.77 miles in 28 minutes. 

I do not know what has spurred me in tonight as all I've had to eat all day is two weetabix, low fat yoghurt, honey and a Mars bar. 
    You are waking up. :)
    Trust me, it gets better.
    mcsdan said:
    joneve said:

excellent. Remember to allow some taper before your tri :-)
    Yep. Run tonight (as long as the weather isn't too bad)...then one last swim on Saturday and a couple of rides between now and next Wednesday/Thursday...with a ride and run to loosen the legs at the weekend. Won't be anything too strenuous now...left it a bit late for that :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom