What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Ibanez Tubescreamer @1979 ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KevSKevS Frets: 478
    edited July 2022
    Coron Sound Creator Distortion..  1986

i still wonder if it was a copy of something else..

I couldn't afford Boss or Ibanez etc..

It stopped working within 2 Days,I got a replacement..
    Then I moved away. from the town I bought it in...
    It stopped working shortly after that..

• KevSKevS Frets: 478
    BillDL said:
    [EDIT]  Not another ancient post that has been resurrected!  I didn't notice the date.

LOCObox DS-01 distortion around 1980.
    Probably made by the same japanese OEM that were making Aria, Maxon, Guyatone, and various other pedals.  The exact same Loco ones also came with the names Gig, Cutec, Powervoice and Studio Series screenprinted on them.  Those were the days when they named them based on what they actually did rather than the modern trend of choosing a theme and concocting names from which it is impossible to determine what they do.

I owned one of these..It broke Down and I got it fixed..
    I used it a while,but can't remember how it sounded..
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1147
    Boss me-50 when I was a teenager, probably  around 2006. Really good bit of kit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Boss CH-1 (have no idea!) around 2000.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3081
    Pearl OD-05 in 90/91 from a local second-hand shop. Basically a TS with eq and boost. I still have it but it's not in great condition. (obviously, this isn't mine).

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• TanninTannin Frets: 5468
    I had a green one and a yellow one, or possibly orange. That was about 1978. Later on I got a purple one. I think one of them was a phaser.

(Sounds as though I'm trying to be funny, but I fair-dinkum do not remember what they were or which one came first. I was always looking for one of those special Turn Me Into A Good Guitarist pedals but none of them worked.)

• SupportactSupportact Frets: 961
    I got a Rocktek overdrive first, would have been the early 90s. Same answer i gave in the 'worst pedal' thread. A shocker.

That said, before that an older guy who lived on our street and played a strat gave me a distortion pedal for free before that. The switch was broken, and he'd soldered in another switch (kind of a plastic switch like you'd get on an old car dashboard) which was gaffer taped onto the pedal. The brand was JHS (John hornby skewes, not the new JHS that is popular now). 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1852
    Coloursound Fuzz/Wah/Swell. Early to mid 70s I suspect.
  • CE1CE1 Frets: 567
    Some Boss distortion pedal, it was twin channel, or at least had two sides with separate footswitches. I have never been able to work out what it was.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    Boss Turbo Overdrive  - Probably around 1993.  I remember buying from a music shop in Hemel Hempstead and being a bit disappointed it didn't have more gain
  • Boss OC2 in 1992. I had an Aria strat (MDF body) with a Torque solid state amp. Sounded like crap. But I didn't have a clue about what I was doing on electrics anyway. Costed me (new) 120 dutch guilders (1 euro = 2,50 dutch guilders). To me it was a fortune at that time. Only kept it for a short time. Should've kept it so that I could make a profit out of it now. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 961
    Fishboy7 said:
    Boss Turbo Overdrive  - Probably around 1993.  I remember buying from a music shop in Hemel Hempstead and being a bit disappointed it didn't have more gain
    Was that the shop in the old high Street? I used to go in there a fair bit in the early 90s. They had some good stuff, that was where I got my first pedal as well. It's not there any more though sadly. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3660
    c1977

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337
    Mine was an Ibanez PT3 which I miss often! At the time it was just a multifx, in a sea of others, but looking back, it was 3 analog pedals in one.  
  • Mine was a fuzz pedal kit sometime mid '70s.  It included a length of square grey drainpipe and two plastic ends for the enclosure.  It also had a sticker with markings to drill through to label and position the controls.  I needed a project for physics at school I think.  It worked, that's all I can say.

Next two pedals were the Coloursound Wah and a Fuzz like @Musicwolf above.

• Mine was a black black round distortion pedal. I struggle to remember the name. It looked like a Darth Vader fuzz face. Bought around 2004...Anyone have any clues?
  • Mine was a black black round distortion pedal. I struggle to remember the name. It looked like a Darth Vader fuzz face. Bought around 2004...Anyone have any clues?
    H&K Warp Factor!

• tweedphantweedphan Frets: 51
    Fuzz face circa 1968………
  • DOD Grunge FX69 around 1994, I was 18, I still have it.