Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Classifieds and lol'ing

What's Hot

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    thebreeze said:
    Snap said:
    @thebreeze

I think you are being a bit over sensitive about it tbh.
    That's fair enough - and it's one of the reasons I posted, to see if I was.  Obviously, inadvertently making Bucket's day is an unexpected positive too...
    i tried a thumbs up emoji, but failed!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16236
    I think we should also LOL responses that say .....'..Wow , thats my dream guitar in my favourite colour with the best pickups and my perfect radius neck that I have been seeking for the last 2 years ..........if only you weren't 25 miles down the road !! "
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72835
    Anyone using the phrase 'plays like butter' deserves a
    smack round the head with a big stick.

FTFY

Likewise any mention of "she" or "her' when talking about musical gear.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    Anyone using the phrase 'plays like butter' deserves a
    smack round the head with a big stick.

FTFY

Likewise any mention of "she" or "her' when talking about musical gear.
    Dorothy will be really upset now. Do you want to be responsible for making one of my guitars actually cry? Hmm? Just think about the emotional pain.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    OK, so I've picked up one LOL, one WOW and one WIZ on the green Charvel so far... I think I've proven my point! :smug:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4349
    DLM said:
    OK, so I've picked up one LOL, one WOW and one WIZ on the green Charvel so far... I think I've proven my point! :smug:
    @DLM in the interests of scientific debate, the 'wow' was mine and not sarcastic

Not sure how that affects the experiment - does it skew your figures either way? :)
    DLM said:
    Lol for the price, Wow for the cheek, and wiz for having the nouse to get rid?

;)

@Bridgehouse, Oh, the Charvel is not mine! It's in a local shop with which I have no affiliation. I just knew it was for sale and thought it fitted nicely with what @octatonic had said.

Plus, it's perfect @Bucket bait, I love tantalising him and am yet to be arrested for grooming! :love:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DLM said:

@Bridgehouse, Oh, the Charvel is not mine! It's in a local shop with which I have no affiliation. I just knew it was for sale and thought it fitted nicely with what @octatonic had said.

Plus, it's perfect @Bucket bait, I love tantalising him and am yet to be arrested for grooming! :love:

Ah yes - I see ;)

So lols wiz and wows for @Bucket baiting. Mixed crowd in today clearly!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Anyone can do it:

Strat

Green

If Floyd, dive-only

No Bigsby within 500 yards

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1284
    Mean while, back on topic, I've had a couple of my classifieds LOL'd, don't really care. Sold the stuff anyway.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2432
    merlin said:
    Referring to a guitar as "she" deserves a "LOL".   ;)
    Alas, due to the 'face palm' being no more, a 'LOL' has to do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited July 2017
    I've definitively noticed the trend to "lol" people's sales threads.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I've LOL'd one or two in the past but only under the following circumstances:

- it's a poster who is known for their GAS and then putting things up on the classifieds shortly afterwards, so forum in-joke stuff
    - it's a poster with no posting history save for putting up speculative ads without a proper description or photos
    - it's a poster who is a known dealer and is hiding the fact
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

^^ @mellowsun And I.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    ^ Usually number 2 for me, especially the classic pictures on ebay/gumtree one
    Stop crying, start buying
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4341
    The only one I've ever lol'd was the 12.5 k Billy Gibbons Goldtop. The ones that were selling at the time for about 4 k. 

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/16129/fs-gibson-billy-gibbons-goldtop-aged-and-signed/p1

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1085
    mellowsun said:
    I've LOL'd one or two in the past but only under the following circumstances:

- it's a poster who is known for their GAS and then putting things up on the classifieds shortly afterwards, so forum in-joke stuff
    - it's a poster with no posting history save for putting up speculative ads without a proper description or photos
    - it's a poster who is a known dealer and is hiding the fact
    Totally agree with all of the above and i'll add the  "email me for photos" posters

I wouldn't Lol a post for colour or shape/styles ect as different strokes for different folks but you might get one if you add anything like "just setup by "MY TECH"
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2813
    No, you're right I think perhaps I'm being way too oversensitive.  I don't use the internet nearly as much as some of you (I imagine) and from what I can ascertain the niceties just seem to go out of the window.  This is very small beer - I was just reading the scamming thread by @joeyowen........there are much worse things to worry about.
    thebreeze said:
    No, you're right I think perhaps I'm being way too oversensitive.  I don't use the internet nearly as much as some of you (I imagine) and from what I can ascertain the niceties just seem to go out of the window.  This is very small beer - I was just reading the scamming thread by @joeyowen........there are much worse things to worry about.
    Chances are whomever Lol'd your ad was:

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom