Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lady Guitarists

What's Hot

Comments

• Sheryl Bailey.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FYI - I deleted a totally unnecessarily crude comment by Daved756, because he broke the Rob Chapman rule. I also got rid of the comments quoting it...
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Dr. Lily Afshar.
  • FYI - I retract my comment it wasn’t appropriate.
  • Laurie Morvan.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    FYI - I deleted a totally unnecessarily crude comment by Daved756, because he broke the Rob Chapman rule. I also got rid of the comments quoting it...
    Wow, he’s got his own Fretboard Forum rule..!?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Gabriella Quevedo.
  • usedtobe said:
    FYI - I deleted a totally unnecessarily crude comment by Daved756, because he broke the Rob Chapman rule. I also got rid of the comments quoting it...
    Wow, he’s got his own Fretboard Forum rule..!?
    Where have you been?

Anyway, yes - #5 here, because a bunch of people decided to be pillocks.
    <space for hire>
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I read the rules when I joined. There was rule 1, and some other stuff about all the other rules being a variation on rule 1. I didn’t realise I had to keep referring back, in case there were new rules..

I’ll try to do better in future.. :)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jessica Gardlund.
  • Have to say that's a very old fashioned sexist view, I'd be inclined to find out who owns the shop and see if they are aware they have employees who talk to customers this way and get rid of them or if it was the shop owner themselves, name and shame their business.There have always been a female presence in the guitar world and I think the female guitarist population is on the rise. I think you should take your Les Paul, go into that shop, insist on testing out a marshall 100w amp, crank it and let them have it full blast !!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe2Grind said:
    Have to say that's a very old fashioned sexist view, I'd be inclined to find out who owns the shop and see if they are aware they have employees who talk to customers this way and get rid of them or if it was the shop owner themselves, name and shame their business.There have always been a female presence in the guitar world and I think the female guitarist population is on the rise. I think you should take your Les Paul, go into that shop, insist on testing out a marshall 100w amp, crank it and let them have it full blast !!! 
    Welcome and well said.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    @Blackjack ;
     is it wrong as a fat middle aged woman to be wanting to play guitar? 

No. It's right.

I'm pretty angry about your experience with that shop.

Anyway life is short and rock'n'roll is about doing what you want, I say get on with it. & musicians, in my experience so far, are friendly and welcoming people.

What got me started playing with other people is joining my local Rock Project (there's a thread on it somewhere or look on Facebook), perhaps give that a try.

I recall your name on the southern jam - there are several in Surrey (I'm on Dorking). Ping me if you are near by and want info.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nina Gerber.
  • FYI - I deleted a totally unnecessarily crude comment by Daved756, because he broke the Rob Chapman rule. I also got rid of the comments quoting it...
    FYI - you are crude
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maria Andersson.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Only just seen this thread. 

Makes me sad that you have to ask this @Blackjack ;

If you want to play the guitar then play the damn guitar and fuck what anyone else thinks!

If it makes you feel better then I’ve been playing 2 years now, nearly 32 years old and whenever I go into a guitar shop I feel like a 5 year old. Just an intimidating atmosphere for me and I don’t know why really. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    BRISTOL86 said:
    If it makes you feel better then I’ve been playing 2 years now, nearly 32 years old and whenever I go into a guitar shop I feel like a 5 year old. Just an intimidating atmosphere for me and I don’t know why really. 
    I can assure you that isn't gender related ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Ana Vidovic.
  • Keira Witherkay.