Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Contact lenses? Was "Laser eye surgery?"

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• My uncle is one of the top eye surgeons. I asked him about laser eye surgery. His response: "I wear contacts/glasses. What does that tell you?" 

I didn't like contacts & went back to glasses. I never really found them comfy, but I did like then fit short bursts when doing sport. 

No pun intended but this thread has been eye opening. I've always wanted laser eye but now I'll stick with my (sexy) glasses. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I dont get why anyone would want someone firing lasers into your eyes. Surely it would be much easier to defeat your enemies if the lasers fired *out* of your eyes.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11951
    there's a lot more to it than firing a laser
    they peel back the covering on your cornea, and then burn some of the cornea away to try to fashion a corrective lens 
    Once it's done, the flap has to heal back properly, and can stop other surgery later

my optician said that if you are 50, forget it, you'll get a cataract operation for free soon anyway, and proper lenses inserted
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still sounds like a rubbish super-power
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Pfftt. Laser surgery? Get one of these...

I had one of those. Spooked me a little when I made the skin peel back.
  • I was refused laser surgery due to a combination of high prescription, thin corneas, and large iris or summat..  nevertheless I have been a contact lense wearer for more than 25 years without issue..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11951
     Spooked me a little when I made the skin peel back.
    Just start worrying  if someone else says that to you