Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your most hated single song?

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72666
    Rave said:
    Holding Back The Years by Simply Red. And anything else that features Mick Hucknall's voice. Makes me want to dive head first into an active volcano just to escape it.
    I'll raise you that woman from M People who sounds like she's singing with her mouth full all the time.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 7 pages and no mention of Sex on Fire?

There are songs on this thread which I feel are only here through simple over-saturation. But Sex on Fire is an abominable cess-pit of poor lyrics and bad music.

I hate Oasis but I'd rather listen to a whole Oasis album than go near that one song.

Such a shame. I remember when Kings of Leon were alright.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    Was going to say Imagine but someone beat me to it.  Agree with @Sesh that Believe is dreadful.

Can I add this one to the list:

You should have stuck to acting Bruce

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    crunchman said:
    Was going to say Imagine but someone beat me to it.  Agree with @Sesh that Believe is dreadful.

I actually bought that album he released at the back end of the 80's, all cover versions.

I couldn't agree with you more.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1853

Well, I forgot that horror existed.

Much like I'm trying to forget the copy of "Rolf Rules OK!" buried somewhere amongst my CD collection. The covers on there, which managed to hold a sort of kitschy charm, are now rather more tainted, and I don't think I'll be listening again to that CD. I should just bin it, without ceremony, and be done with it.

Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    Sporky said:
    I had, thankfully, forgotten this. But then I remembered, so, like Ring, the only way to save myself is to share it.

Ladies and gentlemen I think we have a winner!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anything by the XX. Horrible.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16161

Am I the only one who hates Come on Eileen?

No ,I absolutely HATE that Pikey knees-up 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23125
    crunchman said:

Oh gosh, that's reminded me I bought the album Don Johnson released at the height of his Miami Vice fame in 1986.  In my defence, it did feature guitar contributions from SRV, Dickey Betts and Dweezil Zappa.

I also bought an EP by Adrian Zmed (aka Romano out of TJ Hooker) with gun-totin' Rick Derringer on guitar.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23125
    edited February 2017
    7 pages and no mention of Sex on Fire?

There are songs on this thread which I feel are only here through simple over-saturation. But Sex on Fire is an abominable cess-pit of poor lyrics and bad music.

Good point, I absolutely loathe that song.  And band.  Pretend-rock wankers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751

I hate Oasis but I'd rather listen to a whole Oasis album than go near that one song.

Yes.

I'd rather be punched in the cock until I pass out than ever hear Sex on fucking Fire again.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Almost anything by Paul McCartney.
  • Sex on FIre is a great song, it's just overplayed and popular and that makes the cool kids not like it.

I haven't read the thread and don't intend to, but Mustang Sally is awful. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341
    Sex on FIre is a great song, it's just overplayed and popular and that makes the cool kids not like it.

I haven't read the thread and don't intend to, but Mustang Sally is awful. 
    Talking of cool kids reminded me of this stinker.Another that instantly gets turned off the minute it comes on the radio.And the kids in the band/video have really annoying faces.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    edited February 2017

I don't know how I forgot about it. It's the epitomy of shiteness. A so called music lovers song that makes me want to vomit. Wis'd.

Edit: just noticed your post stickyfiddle, no dig intended!
  •  I have to add Shout out to my Ex by  Littlemix, what an utter utter bag of shite, i have 2 step daughters of 9 & 5 who lap this shite up so i get to hear it pretty much every single day.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72666
    Sex on FIre is a great song, it's just overplayed and popular and that makes the cool kids not like it.
    No, I hate it because it's massively annoying, not because it's popular. However the fact that it does seem to be popular makes avoiding covers bands that are likely to play it something of a necessity.

By comparison, although Mr. Brightside is probably my least favourite Killers song, I can still listen to it despite its unfathomable popularity.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
     I have to add Shout out to my Ex by  Littlemix, what an utter utter bag of shite, i have 2 step daughters of 9 & 5 who lap this shite up so i get to hear it pretty much every single day.
    Not sure what's worse.  I have daughters of 8 and 5 who have gotten into Britney.  The 5 year old keeps asking me to play Hit Me Baby One More Time and Oops I did It Again for her on Youtube.  It makes me nostalgic for the days of Let It Go - over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
  • @crunchman ;
    yeah Let it Go , we had that everyday for about a year, and i would prefer to listen to that then Littlemix any day