Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your most hated single song?

What's Hot

Comments

•  I have a genuine hatred for the song "man I feel like a woman" by shania twain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    ICBM said:

By comparison, although Mr. Brightside is probably my least favourite Killers song, I can still listen to it despite its unfathomable popularity.
    Kings of Leon, like The Killers, IMO, did one very good first album. After that, poor.

Especially the Killers: are dancer or are we human? Oh do feck off Brandon eh, you're neither: you're just a berk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23013
    Snap said:

Kings of Leon, like The Killers, IMO, did one very good first album. After that, poor.

I bought the first Kings of Leon album, under the misapprehension that they were some kind of rock band (see also:  Stereophonics).

I must get rid of it sometime, every time I see it on the shelf I can't believe I own such a thing.  It might even be OK, I can't remember, although I'm pretty sure I never liked it much.  Whatever, it's been invalidated by their subsequent output.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Late entry: The Fray - How To Save A Life

The dreariest load of old cockhat I've ever heard with a singer who seems to be battling a severe case of narcolepsy. Makes Travis sound like the fucking Dillinger Escape Plan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I actually must of dreamt about this last night, I didn't go out or visit the mini market, so I think it must have been a dream.  I was shouting at someone, where is it coming from, just turn it off, turn it off, turn it off.  Jesus please for the love of humanity turn it off.  It's horrendous to think that these insidious singles hang around in your sub conscious, wasting precious grey matter storage that could be allocated to something more useful instead and they can pop out at any given time and influence your dreams.  And they wonder why people go insane?

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Matthew and son.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    Snap said:

Especially the Killers: are dancer or are we human? Oh do feck off Brandon eh, you're neither: you're just a berk
    I don't like that song particularly, but otherwise I think the later Killers albums are generally better than the first one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    ICBM said:
    Sex on FIre is a great song, it's just overplayed and popular and that makes the cool kids not like it.
    No, I hate it because it's massively annoying, not because it's popular.
    This. I find it unfathomable that it's as popular as it is, it's fucking shite.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23013
    Bucket said:
    ICBM said:
    Sex on FIre is a great song, it's just overplayed and popular and that makes the cool kids not like it.
    No, I hate it because it's massively annoying, not because it's popular.
    This. I find it unfathomable that it's as popular as it is, it's fucking shite.
    Even worse, it's one of the handful of songs deemed acceptable for "rock week" on the X Factor....
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Alnico said:
    Matthew and son.
    Wow, really?  I thought it was one of his best!

• Believe it or not this is a big "country" hit at moment. 
    Apart from the fact it's in no way shape or form a country song, it's also so shit, pop fans hate it! 

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9716
    tone1 said:
    The Durge that is 'Imagine' by John Lennon.
    sorry to all those I have offended :)
    ^This. Dreadful song, dreadful production. And just when you think it can't possibly get any worse, they bring in violins for the Finalé. Only redeeming feature is that it doesn't do the full tone 'lift' thing for the last chorus. 

Also, Without You by Harry Nilsson
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    equalsql said:
    Does no one on here remember the crime that is 'Lady In Red'  by Chris De Burgh? I've almost broken me spine just rushing to get to the radio to turn it off :s  
    But not half as bad as that one of his (A Spaceman Came Travelling ?) that the supermarkets will insist on playing every Christmas.
    JohnPerry said:
    Gassage said:
    Actually, God Save the Queen would be right up there for the lyrics alone. I find it nauseating that we glorify one person, saving her from an as yet undefined fate and assuring her happiness over ours.
    Republican sentiments aside what irritates me about the God Save The Queen lyrics is the sheer idleness of rhyming Queen with Queen and Queen.

God Save Our Gracious Queen/Long live our noble Queen/God Save The Queen.

Now, you could get away with the first and third lines, maybe, but the second line MUST have a decent rhyme.

For instance God Save Our Gracious Queen/Long may she cook and clean/God Save The Queen.

Or God Save Our Gracious Queen/Long may she strut and preen/God Save The Queen.

Or of course: God Save Our Gracious Queen/She Ain't No Human Been/God Save The Queen.

Anything. Just not Queen.

You'll need a different second line for when Charles becomes 'The royal formerly known as Prince'.
  • I have a contender, I was listening to Country music on Spotify and it's algorithm decided that a song titled 'Bleeding Vagina' was a recommended song. I didn't look at who the artist was, and the 5 seconds I heard were dreadful. 
  • Anyone mention Cher - Believe yet? It was on perma rotation when I did a summer job in a warehouse and made me want to cut my own ears off.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Don't Stop Believing by a nautical mile
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    Never heard of them
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    holnrew said:
    Never heard of them
    Nautical Mile is a good band name though !
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1847
    Anyone mention Cher - Believe yet? It was on perma rotation when I did a summer job in a warehouse and made me want to cut my own ears off.

Yes, I had exactly the same experience. Where was your warehouse?

Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.