Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your most hated single song?

What's Hot

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068

Sean Paul.  Anything that features him or his stupid nasal vocal.

He sounds like a racist comedian taking the piss out of a Jamaican accent.

Wanker.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13965
    Jeremiah said:
    Wonderwall
    I remember Noel Gallagher proudly stating that he made £4M from that one song alone

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16183
    There are many. I agree the List includes the Birdie Song. There was also once Renee and Renata. Most of the UK's Eurovision songs. Demi Roussos  could be pretty painful. I kind of agree about Danny Boy, though only because many moons ago there was some middle aged Irish "Entertainer" (pre Val Doonican) who appeared regularly on the TV and sang it every single time. I do have a Bill Evans version on CD, which I do rather like.
    ALL SHITE but I must take issue about Demis Roussos -he was actually a fantastic singer
    My wife worked with Renato  Pagliari ( don't worry,she isn't Renee ) -he was a real character- Brummie and mad Villa fan
  • That acdc song.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23210
    Philly_Q said:
    Mustang Sally
    I thought of this one too. I think the Wilson Pickett version is pretty good, but you have to try to listen to it as if The Commitments was never filmed. Not easy.

When I saw The Commitments, back in 1991 or whenever it was, I thought it was an OK film.  Then a few weeks ago I looked up what's on the soundtrack album - it's like a compilation of all the most flogged-to-death songs from 15 years of American Idol, Pop Idol, the X Factor, BGT and The Voice. 

I can't really blame Alan Parker, Roddy Doyle, the actors in the film or the original recording artists, it's not their fault, but what a legacy of horrors they inadvertently created.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11643
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    this shit - god I hate that sound effect

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • W.O.L.D by Harry Chapin

Horrid and Naff in every way imaginable.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7346
    Fire-starter...utter shite-starter...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    There are many. I agree the List includes the Birdie Song. There was also once Renee and Renata. Most of the UK's Eurovision songs. Demi Roussos  could be pretty painful. I kind of agree about Danny Boy, though only because many moons ago there was some middle aged Irish "Entertainer" (pre Val Doonican) who appeared regularly on the TV and sang it every single time. I do have a Bill Evans version on CD, which I do rather like.
    ALL SHITE but I must take issue about Demis Roussos -he was actually a fantastic singer
    My wife worked with Renato  Pagliari ( don't worry,she isn't Renee ) -he was a real character- Brummie and mad Villa fan
    I'm not saying Demi Roussos couldn't sing. I just didn't like the songs themselves often.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Dominic said:
    I'm not saying Demi Roussos couldn't sing. I just didn't like the songs themselves often.
    I always think of Abigail's Party when Demi Roussos is mentioned. Classic play. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    It's a classic @EricTheWeary one of my favourites.

and I quote from the play "Have we got to listen to that Fat Greek caterwauling all night?"

I rate Demis Roussos very highly actually and love that track. Have you seen him in Aphrodite's Child in the 60's, he played Bass and sang in that band?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717
    Radiohead
    Yup.

And Coldplay.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    Radiohead
    Yup.

And Coldplay.
    Second that
  • Anything by Jedward... 
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    edited January 2017
    Most of Phil Collins solo stuff leads me to consider the what sort of punishment is given for criminal damage of speakers/stereos etc
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Dominic said:

and I quote from the play "Have we got to listen to that Fat Greek caterwauling all night?"

I rate Demis Roussos very highly actually and love that track. Have you seen him in Aphrodite's Child in the 60's, he played Bass and sang in that band?
    I know the name Aphrodites Child, I think it was with Vangelis (?)  but I don't think I've ever heard a note. Perhaps I shall correct that this weekend, he could certainly sing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5025
    It was Vangelis and Demis.  
    The Four Horseman is one of the greatest songs of the 1970s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:

I know the name Aphrodites Child, I think it was with Vangelis (?)  but I don't think I've ever heard a note. Perhaps I shall correct that this weekend, he could certainly sing. 
    Vangelis was in the band, yes. Well worth Youtubing them, decent tracks, funny to watch the "Live" performances on the TV shows of the time.
    Demis was a hippie and then hard living rocker ...Aphrodites Child were great
    dont let anybody 'DIS DEMIS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Lots of grade A cak there. I like the Joan Osbourne and Spin Doctors (song not vid) also like John Martyn a lot, but don't much care for May You Never, Too Much Too Young is good too- especially as it upset Mike Reed. Hard to choose one mega turd, as the list is as endless as an ear worm of Girls & Boys by Bl*r