Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2 phones? One work one personal?

What's Hot

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8707
    Jalapeno said:
    DiscoStu said:
    DiscoStu said:
    My OnePlus 2 is dual SIM but I don't think you can run both at once unfortunately. That would be ideal.
    I was wondering about dual SIM too, hoping it was possible to have the phone running against both at one time - so you can receive calls from either, and when you want to make a call you can choose a default or explicitly choose the other SIM.
    Exactly. How great would that be? But I think you have to manually select between them to make one on and one off, but not both on.
    You'd need 2 radios on board the phone - in effect 2 phones in 1 - battery life would be abysmal.  Not a reality yet. 
    My son runs dual SIM. One is his German SIM, where he currently lives and works, t'other is his UK SIM for UK customers. The 'phone handset is one of those clever things with upgradable/recyclable parts. He charges every night, so battery is not a problem.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5503
    edited January 2017
    Well lookee here! I had an unused 3 payg SIM in the house so stuck it in my OnePlus 2 to activate it. So we already know that it can receive calls to either SIM but I can choose which SIM makes the outward call too.
    Note the two handset dial icons at the bottom, plus the twin signal icons at the top.

http://i.imgur.com/Ermy70s.png

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    I've only got one and I'm self employed.

i leave mine on as I only give it to clients I like, and they know not to abuse the privilege.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268

i leave mine on as I only give it to clients I like
    That's me told then!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I only have the one phone, the one for work, but I don't use it much for personal stuff. It's on when it's on, there's no pressure form work to answer or be available at any particular times.

I guess this means I don't really get retail therapy "ooh new shiny" from phones that much. We get a good deal, but it amounts to money off a SIM-free handset. So iphones cost me around £200 and I wince if I think about spending that on a stupid phone.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • I moved from 2 phones to one and the only way it worked for me was to literally create a contact for everyone who ever called me - friend , family or client. I'd let all unknown numbers go to voicemail outside of work hours and listen back when I wanted to
    I've trialled the dual SIM and it works a treat, I'm really surprised and also a little annoyed that I didn't know about this last year when I was carrying two phones around.
    Got a mate to call me on the new second number and the call came in no problem. I could see that it was a call to the second SIM therefore I would know that it was a customer calling me. And I can switch off the second SIM at weekends if I don't want work calls.
    Sweet!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Used to have 2 phones yrs ago,...just the one now, anyone can call me, if I want to talk to them ..I answer it. 

I see folks on the train with 2 or even 3 phones !,,,constantly checking them all for messages...muppets

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    Sporky said:

That's me told then!
    You've phoned me on it before!

You are still in my phone.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I had my own and a work one. Eventually people got hold of my personal one and it would ring : ' sorry to call you on your own phone but you aren't answering your work one...' 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    I run two phones. At the weekend I divert the work number to my personal phone as that gives me the option to answer it if I want to , never make work calls on it though. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Not me, I have my mobile for me (and the 3 customers I've let have the number) for everyone else, there's a phone on my desk.

A guy I used to work with had 2 private phones. One for his wife, one for his girlfriend.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One for work and one for me.  I have a £20 Nokia so I'm always reachable at work and it picks up voicemail when I switch it off at home time.
    Just home from a couple of appointments and found a problem - with a benefit - whilst running dual SIM in the car.
    Hands-free doesn't really work now as although you can still press the call button on the steering wheel and select a number from the phone via the car's screen, you can't make the call without using the phone itself to select which SIM you want to dial from. However it does mean that both numbers are connected to the car via Bluetooth which I couldn't do with two separate handsets.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    DiscoStu said:
    Do you run two phones- one personal, one business?
    What do you do?
    I have a dual sim phone.  Both numbers in the same handset. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    Sporky said:

That's me told then!
    You've phoned me on it before!

You are still in my phone.
    I've got a new number now. Possibly there was another one in the middle.

Do be doo.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    2 phones. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    2 phones, and the work one was only switched on between 0830 and 1730, weekdays.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
    I run three phones.  One is personal, one is work's and the other is my rather special phone to my other boss at Vauxhall Cross.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom