Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2 phones? One work one personal?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• No, I'll work late during the week if I need to.. and while I do some reading for work / interest, I don't do calls or emails (currently) at home. I think that really sucks. Especially not weekends. They're sacred!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    one phone. old school & cheap, calls & texts only. & i turn it off when you don't want to speak to anyone or be bothered by anyone. which can be days at a time. i use email same way.
    be your technology's boss. your life is as simple or as complicated as you make it.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited January 2017
    people who carry 2 phones are drug dealers, FACT
    this is totally so.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited February 2017
    Sounds like you have it sussed now.

What I do is stick the work sim in a tiny old Nokia and set it to divert all calls to my personal phone so I don't have to take it everywhere (and it's very small if I do take it).

If I make a work call I have options of using my personal phone (withholding my No. if necessary) or using the Nokia if it's within reach.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Or terrorists.

And those who switch their phone on to make a call, then switch it off again when they hang up... they're my 89 year old Nan. :)
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5498
    @Iamnobody when you get an incoming call does it tell you that it's a diverted call from your other handset?
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    DiscoStu said:
    @Iamnobody when you get an incoming call does it tell you that it's a diverted call from your other handset?
    No - it just shows the number so you wouldn't be able to easily filter the calls. It's not a major issue for me as I don't get that many work calls.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5498
    I'll likely get a lot of customers calling me so the dual SIM idea seems like a great solution. Incoming work calls will come up as 'SIM 2' so I'll know it's work, plus I can switch the SIM off out of hours just like switching off a phone.