Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Excellent vid Thomas. Looks like an unqualified success all round. Well done and congrats to you and your wife.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    Lovely stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Great video, Tom. Some great memories to add to the ones you already have. All the best. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4989
    Looks like you had the perfect day, congratulations to you both. Was smiling all the way watching your big day.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Well, that's the latest internet craze sorted out Tiggs: instead of CatsThatLookLikeHitler.com, "Cats That Look Like Alfred From (West-era) Batman"!

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111111984/3309849-8348141248-ALFRE.jpg

A most striking likeness!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited May 2017
    Missed that one! Thanks, all.

Phew! 

House move in under 4 weeks - SO much to do - already started boxing, sorting out all the usual stuff (some new furniture, bin ordering, white goods, contacted council regarding council tax, got flooring ordered (carpet & vinyl upstairs, laminate downstairs with beading [I read beading can be naff but the fitters preferred that to ripping off the skirtings and replacing them], mail re-direct with Royal Mail, luton van hired, internet sorted, insurances need done, alarm company in sight, you name it...!). 

I made a c0ck-up at work.. have until Friday to fix it. It's really complicated, I'm super-stressed about it. Usually wouldn't have made a mistake like that but combination of everything else going on and also too much work / office expanding ..... been getting up at 5-6am to go in and work on it. Shattered - drawn face and baggy eyes! 

Car's a lot better now since I got that noise problem sorted... and I got the "backfriend" to help with my back. TBH I think the suspension is just really hard... damn. Also need to watch posture at work. For some reason tend to cross my legs when I never used to and hunch over - got to stop it! Should visit physio like Grun suggested in other thread. 

Played a little guitar but not loads - maybe 2 days in one month. Crikey..

Been to Maggie's again. Got a hospice visit next Thursday afternoon. Just in case... can't hurt. She's due to meet the palliative care nurses soon - she'd rather do that on her own first. Her stomach has been very sore so she is now permanently on painkillers. There was talk of introducing small doses of morphine but not yet... and folk tell me you want to put that off as long as possible. She's had a really terrible cough for 6 weeks or so... had an X-ray this week to see if it's spread to the lungs so we'll know by next week, hopefully. I'm desperate for her and I to get a weekend break away as she sees her friends a lot but despite living together, I'm on the computer a lot sorting stuff out or at work, so I feel we haven't had that quality time.

Madrid on Saturday (3am rise...) for 4 days, with Guns N' Roses on Sunday. My old drummer says the Ireland gig was the best gig he's been to, so it's looking good. I'll be meeting @Evilmags there on Saturday and he can hopefully help me with getting the tickets an hour before the show, as we're both in the golden circle. I haven't had time to book anything in Madrid but he tells me you don't really need to, so that's ok.
    Aerosmith is on the week of the move, in Ireland, so I'll see how Sheena's doing and how we're doing for packing... and maybe cancel that if I have to. Will see...

Immediate pressure is work - I really c0cked something up (monitoring motor driver power FET overvoltage... my circuit is more accurate than the old one but I use special devices and neglected how it functioned at low voltages so there's spurious output - not good if it turns the fuel pump off in your car when the supply dips !!). 

Defo need a break with Sheena so we can do something together - not just me sitting on the couch saying "I love you" a million times. 24th June is when we move in - some of the furniture gets there a month later. Fingers crossed Sheena sees it all through. Her son graduated for teaching school so she will like to see him graduate. I had meetings with DWP and the like regarding Lisa and her autism. Her dad said he might move further North in future - if that's a possibility, I told him we'd have to keep in touch regarding the girls - I'm more than happy for them to live with me, but he has to play his role, too.

Cheers for now!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Sounds like your working flat out Thomas. Remember to breathe occasionally.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12373
    edited May 2017
    Try not to get stressed about work, it's the least of your issues at this time Tom. Speak to somebody senior about the cock up and explain what's happened, rather than worrying about it and trying to fix it in your own time. I'm sure they'll understand that you're under a massive amount of pressure right now. 

Edit. I can't believe how unhelpful the daughter's dad is being. Doesn't he take any interest in his own children? Shameful bloody behaviour. It sounds like he's moving away to be even less involved with her, what a tosspot.  :p
  • Hey @thomasross20 is there anyway I can send you some money? I managed to miss the dosh for the ross thread myself and I was also asked to donate the money from a competition winner too but I didn't see the email until about 2 months late. Let me know if you have a paypal or something.

Thanks

Sheldon
    Old Is Gold
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    @thomasross20 ; .. lovely video and you have an amazing lady .. brought a lump to a grumpy old blokes throat ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Thanks all - up at 3am on Sat to get out to Madrid zzzzzzzzzzz :)
    Work don't seem too bothered about this thing despite me mentioning it, and I know it'll be a massive issue if it comes back with bugs, so I've got to get it done myself... might have a fix... 2 days to go :open_mouth: Defo need to breathe - and get some sort of regular exercise in...
    Their dad is cool, we all get on - he was talking about his retirement dream - I just want to make sure he doesn't move away with me the "parent" 100% of the time. 

That's awesome of you @Antique_Guitars though the though alone is worth a lot! :)
    Thanks @Fretwired :) I'm sure it'll make me cry like a baby many times in future!

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    As always Thomas, don't forget to give yourself a 'look-in' and look after yourself.

Enjoy your break and have a great, relaxing time
    Shedloads happening as usual. 

Finally visited a hospice yesterday.

House move in two weeks.

Got my review at work - no mention of previously mentioned promotion but I'll let it slide.

Cannabis oil has been brought to my attention as an aid for cancer sufferers. Does anybody know anything about this?
    edited June 2017
    Got back today and she's hot to the touch, extremely tired and hasn't eaten much. In bed by 9pm. 

The other day she was shivering really bad. Despite being on 4 lots of painkillers her right side and shoulder are sore. Morphine has been delivered to the pharmacy so small amounts can be taken to help but I don't feel good about this. 
    She can't handle a short walk outside without getting quite tired. 
    The house move is in 10 days... 
    We were at a food court a few days ago and she burst into tears. Everybody looked at us, probably thinking I was some sort of wife-beater or something! Stuff 'em! Just an outpouring of emotion. 

She's at the doctor tomorrow. My finger is on the button for time off work... 

Sorted out life insurance and I'm in the process of sorting out home insurance. Been buying things for the house. Sheena isn't to be there for the move - too stressful. There's too much to do to relax!

It's the worst it's been today. I cancelled my hotel in Ireland for this Aerosmith gig. I listed the ticket (Dublin on Wed) but doubtful... I'll lose about £220 for the ticket and flights but hey ho. Better to be here for her and can use those days another time. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Take time off work now !
    It's time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    A week wont make all the difference - I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. But I'm more heavily leaning toward it now. 
    I just want to crawl into a corner and wither away.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    A week wont make all the difference - I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. But I'm more heavily leaning toward it now. 
    I just want to crawl into a corner and wither away.
    Then that week means more than you think. 

Do it.
    Now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    edited June 2017
    You will regret it if you don't take the time off.

Why would you not take it off? If the company can't understand that and accommodate it then I wouldn't want to be there anyway.

In my opinion you don't even have to make an arrangement with your employer. If you have a decent sick pay scheme you could literally go to the doctor's and just say you were stressed and they'd give you 2 months off without anyone batting an eyelid knowing the situation.
    There isn't any messing about, you just ring in sick tomorrow, say your sick note will be with them soon, and book a doctors appointment to ask for one. Then you can just take off as long as you need. Absolutely no one would or could say they can't understand why you're not at work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited June 2017
    Just want to say Thomas, I've been keeping up to date with this thread, not commented as reading it is heart breaking and I've nothing to say that could make anything any better for you, but I have to say the way you've been dealing with this is amazing, just inspirational.

If there's anything I can do, now or in the future, just say, keep being the legendary husband you're being.