Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

****** TRAVEL FUND FOR @ thomasross20 or DOSH FOR THE ROSS FUND....PLEASE READ ******

What's Hot

Comments

• I was waiting for my house purchase to go through. That's done with no problems so I'll chuck some in shortly.

I don't know if you have any idea of where you might head but if you're heading through Abu Dhabi or Dubai on your travels I'd be happy to show you the sights and take you guys somewhere decent for dinner.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks folks!

Bloody insurance companies are in large declining her insurance so we're still working on it as wanting to holiday as soon as possible. Fund is helping toward some activities these next two days while we're off on a break (spa for her, some archery etc). But want to get her a real holiday if can just get the insurance.. I think she saw one quote for about £500 but need to check when we're back.

Thanks again!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852

So I'm ok if this was un-stickied or whatever whenever you feel is right as you've all done so much in such a short space of time.
    I'd advise against that just yet - there are a bunch of people (myself included) waiting for pay day...I'd imagine there'll be another boost to it in the next week or so.
    And just to support that point, payday for me today and donated. Not a kings ransom but hope it helps. Good luck both. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    Just watched your video with Sheena. You're a beautiful couple. The love between you is evident. Good luck with everything mate x
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Done. Bit slow as I've been on my travels. Very best wishes, Thomas.
  • ....and me too (finally).
    <space for hire>
  • Late to the bash but theres the price of a few there from Guinessland.
    Best wishes mo Chairde!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited February 2017
    Thanks, all - again the amount raised has been amazing and the support here phenomenal. Luckily Sheena managed to get a nice day at the spa yesterday and had her first ever nail job (all while I was in the room very ill)! Depending on the travel insurance situation, the hope is one last family (+ her best friend) holiday to Disneyland Paris. I'll have to check out "queue skip" as she's so tired and I know, having been before, you can be in those queues for quite some time! 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11959
    I  would  wonder about whether you need extra travel insurance
    It's there to pay for unexpected  treatment, and you are covered on EHIC for that in France

You can get travel insurance that simply excludes  pre-existing conditions  - my Mrs is disabled and we just paid £30 or so for a year for the family (for European travel)

At Disney  in Paris, my Mrs  got the priority pass for free:
    http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/guest-services/guests-with-mobility-disabilities/
    With a medical certificate, you should be able to get one - it would cover your party. We did the same in Florida

If your Mrs is  very affected  by tiredness, a mobility scooter is an option, my Mrs doesn't like using one, but  it makes a lot more possible
  • Thanks for the info there - going to try and get this sorted soon, hopefully!
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    I'm a bit late to the donation party and so missed the pre-Guitar Show whip-round, so I'm doing my bit with a pedal auction for the affable Mr Ross :)

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/97665/auction-boss-dd-2-digital-delay-mij-thomasross20-benefit?new=1

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited February 2017
    Too good of you! 
    I need to manage my time, when to take it off etc.. already Sheena has been having pain in her right side, 4/10 on the pain scale she says, which is worrying, so hope we get this Disney holiday soon.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    My pleasure, mate :)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • Been meaning to do this for a while, but money finally sent.

All the best

• Thank you, and I can say now that as well as the odd UK trip, we're going to have our last big family holiday (plus her best friend) to Disney Paris in a few weeks' time and will risk no travel insurance! We all live it there - hopefully she can get a queue skip pass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12411
    It's payday at last! Donation sent.
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    Just sent a small donation too. Thanks for keeping it open! It warms my heart to see so many people come together like this. 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27659
    To everyone who's been involved this, and to @mgaw who started it all, I know that @thomasross20 is amazed at the generosity of everyone, amazed beyond words to express his amazement.

I will disclose that the amount raised is in excess of #2k, although we've decided not to state the exact amount.  That's an amount that will allow them to create some memories in the next few months that our Mr Ross will have forever.

Priceless - we've done what Mastercard couldn't.

Tommy suggested (a while back) that I de-sticky the thread, but I left it here through payday as I know a few people were waiting for that.  

So, I'm de-stickying the thread now, although I doubt that de-stickying a thread is going to de-sticky our thoughts and best wishes to Tommy & Sheena.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Spent a bit of time with the man himself @thomasross20 at the guitar show on Saturday, and Sunday. 

He is a gent, a great man, and a shining example to all of us. 

How he was keeping it together over the weekend I have no idea. He's a braver, better man than me. I was properly in awe of him and how he is handling what he's going through.

Mr Ross, I doff my cap and salute you. You are the best of men.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom