Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Belt or braces?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Velcro....
    Sticking to your stomach/chest/wherever else hair?
    Its expensive mind - what a rip-off....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    Been wearing braces for suits at work for about 4 years. I found driving to work and being sat down for long periods of time uncomfortable with a belt because the buckle dug into my massive fat gut.  Probably could've been solved with a change in belt or buckle.  Also not having to hike my trousers up every 4 minutes is cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    The answer to this is quite simple once one understands the sartorial code for these matters, and Rocker dear chap, you have it correct.

With evening/dinner suit (please no-one in this country EVER use the word tuxedo), or any high formal attire, braces are not a bad option.

If a trouser has belt loops, then it is obilgatory to wear a belt. One of the all time style crimes is to wear a pair of jeans with no belt. Shocking stuff.

regarding suiting - IMO, a bespoke suit does not require braces or a belt: it shold have waist adjusters, small strap and buckles positioned at each hip.

For the record, the biggest style crime is not in the trouser department, oh no. It is the wearing of cheap, shit brown pointy shoes, with thin nasty soles, and a pointy toe that turns up ever so slightly. Often, hideously accompanied by bootcut jeans and a flowery shirt. Stop it now.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12413
    Get dahn and get withit

"OUR TOSSPOT"