Epiphone Sheraton owners. Now New guitar day.

What's Hot

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    edited March 2017
    Mark, just copy and paste the pics from photobucket - much easier. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    edited March 2017
    Voxman said:
    Hiya Mark - you haven't posted the pics correctly, so I've posted these below for you.  Looks very nice and many congrats:

photo IMG_2502_zpsvsp1cxkjjpg

photo IMG_2501_zps4pkpwswjjpg

Thanks for that. I'm more than pleased with it. Its lovely to play and its very resonant too. Strum a chord and you can feel it through the body, neck and headstock. Great sustain as well. Who needs a 335?
    Any other Sheraton owners in praise of these great guitars.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4704
    Getting mine back from Feline on Saturday.
    Stormy Mondays, tonepros bridge & tailpiece, fancy new loom with CTS pots and orange drop thingies, new locking tuners but I can't remember what.  Should be a bit better I hope.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    The standard guitar is very good, with the upgrades it'll be fantastic. It's my favourite guitar at the moment and I've got two Prs,s one being a DGT and also a American vintage reissue 64 tele. I had an Epiphone les Paul many years ago but the Sheraton is in a different class compared to that. 
    rlw said:
    Getting mine back from Feline on Saturday.
    Stormy Mondays, tonepros bridge & tailpiece, fancy new loom with CTS pots and orange drop thingies, new locking tuners but I can't remember what.  Should be a bit better I hope.
    Please report back with your views on the upgrades.
  • Lovely guitar that, would quite fancy one myself in the future. :)
    You wont be disappointed.
    Update on the updates.

Feline did their usual amazing job on my Sheraton - very low action, intonation as good as it gets, pickups heights all beautifully balanced and you would never know that it wasn't all original including the new, different sized, bridge.

Now for the difficult bit. 

The guitar sounds amazing, end of.  The airiness is there for all to hear.  The sustain is remarkable compared to before, as is the tone and range of tones available.  At one point, I went to turn the reverb down on the amp, only to realise it wasn't on.   Even on the high headroom settings on my amp, the tones can go from BB to BG with just a little gain added.  On the 70's Marshall setting, it's a 335 soundalike.  The tone and volume controls really have an effect on the sound too whereas, before, it got quieter or louder, shriller or less shrill.   Absolutely, totally chalk and cheese compared to the standard Sheraton 2.

The problem is, which has had the most effect.  The Stormy Mondays, obviously, have a huge impact but what about the all new wiring, the new bridge, the new tailpiece, the new tuners, the new setup, the new strings?

I should probably have done it one step at a time but that's not my way.  Nor was the experiment cheap, as I doubt it has added £485 to the value of the guitar, but it was very successful and this one is now a keeper without doubt.

If anyone wants to come to Bromley to try it, pm me.

What bridge and tailpiece did you have fitted?
    Tonespros LPM02 - still had to have the body filled and redrilled beacouse of the post spacing on the bridge.

http://www.tonepros.com/lpm02-tonepros-metric-tuneomatictailpiece-set-large-posts/
    Any chance of your Sheraton with the upgrades?
    markj said:
    Picture?  Video?
    rlw said:
    Update on the updates.

Feline did their usual amazing job on my Sheraton - very low action, intonation as good as it gets, pickups heights all beautifully balanced and you would never know that it wasn't all original including the new, different sized, bridge.

Now for the difficult bit. 

The guitar sounds amazing, end of.  The airiness is there for all to hear.  The sustain is remarkable compared to before, as is the tone and range of tones available.  At one point, I went to turn the reverb down on the amp, only to realise it wasn't on.   Even on the high headroom settings on my amp, the tones can go from BB to BG with just a little gain added.  On the 70's Marshall setting, it's a 335 soundalike.  The tone and volume controls really have an effect on the sound too whereas, before, it got quieter or louder, shriller or less shrill.   Absolutely, totally chalk and cheese compared to the standard Sheraton 2.

The problem is, which has had the most effect.  The Stormy Mondays, obviously, have a huge impact but what about the all new wiring, the new bridge, the new tailpiece, the new tuners, the new setup, the new strings?

I should probably have done it one step at a time but that's not my way.  Nor was the experiment cheap, as I doubt it has added £485 to the value of the guitar, but it was very successful and this one is now a keeper without doubt.

If anyone wants to come to Bromley to try it, pm me.

You spent £485 on the upgrades?? :o
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Actually a bit more but that's for all the hardware, installation and setup.  

I know - that's dinner for two and a cab home but what the heck..............
    rlw said:
    markj said:
    Picture?  Video?

Any of the two would be good.
    rlw said:

For £500 that's gotta be dinner in Paris, overnight at a 4 star hotel, and with first class travel on the Eurostar! :)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    rlw said:

Dinner for two??

Did you misread £485 as £48.50??

Ah, you're in the Sahf...

;)
    rlw said:

Dinner for two??

Did you misread £485 as £48.50??

Ah, you're in the Sahf...

;)
    'twas very tongue in cheek.

Actually, far more than I intended to spend but I lost my nerve and bought in the wiring harness and then outsourced all the work to Feline, when I only intended to get them to set it up after I had done all the other work.

Apparently, in blood pressure and swearing terms, I think I got a bargain from Feline......