Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Just goes to show...you never know who you know.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72432
    MichaelHebden said:

Seeing as this IS a guitar based forum after all, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Jimmy Page's relationship with a certain 14 yr old Lori Maddox - or is that too big an elephant for this particular room?
    It has been mentioned a few times, although a lot of people do seem to want to sweep it under the carpet.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    ICBM said:
    MichaelHebden said:

Seeing as this IS a guitar based forum after all, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Jimmy Page's relationship with a certain 14 yr old Lori Maddox - or is that too big an elephant for this particular room?
    It has been mentioned a few times, although a lot of people do seem to want to sweep it under the carpet.

I think it makes him a sex offender and sick in the head myself, don't care how famous he is, or how things were "different back then"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24352
    Vigilantism is something that needs to be stopped, like child abuse.  Lynch-mobs tend not to always get the right verdict and planting the seed in people's heads that they can take the law into their own hands is very dangerous indeed.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I recently saw some mobile phone footage of a guy getting trapped by a couple of vigilantes outside Newport railway station, 10 minutes' walk from where I live. I can't say I agree with it, but they were pretty good, with a dossier of information and enough restraint not to gloat or resort to physicals. I have a daughter aged 12 so this kind of thing is a concern at the moment. All I can do is re-iterate the "if you haven't seen them in person, they are a 45-year-old pervert" rule and hope for the best. She's on a tighter leash than some of her friends, any time she's out she's with someone we know.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10700
    edited April 2017
    I see he's in prison now. I hope they do more than just lock him up - he needs help to turn off this attraction, if that can be done. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26638
    ICBM said:
    MichaelHebden said:

I think a big part of it is that she - as the prime witness - would be incredibly unreliable. Over the years, her story's changed a number of times and her claims have become bigger and more outrageous every time she's told them, along with completely conflicting stories about everyone she (allegedly) slept with at the time, such as Bowie.

That doesn't reflect on whether she's to be believed or not, just that it would all make it very difficult to get a conviction - remember, reasonable doubt is all that's needed to acquit and make the whole thing a massive waste of time and money.
    <space for hire>
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Emp_Fab said:
    Vigilantism is something that needs to be stopped, like child abuse.  Lynch-mobs tend not to always get the right verdict and planting the seed in people's heads that they can take the law into their own hands is very dangerous indeed.
    Says the man who wants to "shoot chavs".  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    underdog said:
    ICBM said:
    MichaelHebden said:

I think it makes him a sex offender and sick in the head myself, don't care how famous he is, or how things were "different back then"
    I agree. I find it impossible to have any respect for Jimmy Page on a personal level.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26638
    Bucket said:
    underdog said:
    ICBM said:
    MichaelHebden said:

I agree. I find it impossible to have any respect for Jimmy Page on a personal level.
    I never had any respect for him on a musical level either... ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7774
    edited April 2017
    boogieman said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Says the man who wants to "shoot chavs".  s
    Logical conclusion: he's certain he's not a chav, but unsure whether he's a pervert.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I never had any respect for him on a musical level either... ;)
    That's a separate concern :lol:
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24352
    boogieman said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Says the man who wants to "shoot chavs".  s
    Logical conclusion: he's certain he's not a chav, but unsure whether he's a pervert.
    I'm definitely not a chav, but I am lightly perverted.  However, my plan for the chavvocide would not be taking the law into my own hands.  I wasn't proposing vigilante-style illegal executions, I was thinking more official means-tested kind of thing, all above board.  You know, maybe a "Department of Chav Extermination" with an interview panel.  Now, what kind of questions could you ask an interviewee to identify whether they were a chav ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom