Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your age and you have Full head of hair........Thinning on top.......Bald and couldn't give a toss ?

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm 44 with greying hair that is visibly thinner on top. Normally I wet shave it all off but it's still winter so it's currently growing.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24421
    Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    52 - full head of thick hair (or is that a thick head of full hair ?) - with the exception of the receding temples, or "M-Head" as I've heard it described !

Roughly 50-60% grey though.
    That's your helmet that's caused that ... :-)
    I haven't ridden a bike for jeez.... gotta be 25 years...

...or is this a joke I'm not getting ? :confounded: 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I'm 41 and taller than most of my hair.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12394
    62. Chrome dome. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    I consider myself very lucky - 49, full head of mad hair :). Only going slightly grey on the sides of my chin so far, doesn't show if I keep my beard really short…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5546
    43. Full hoh. Got a couple of greys coming through at the sides.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14327
    tFB Trader
    57 - more gray than black - a touch thin on front/top - keep it tight cut now #4
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27655
    When I hit 40, I got fed up of being mistaken for someone much younger and not being taken seriously in meetings.

So, I decided to start adding discrete grey highlights to my hair, to give that "aged" look.  It seemed to work, so eventually I went full-grey.

But then people got used to the new look, and went back to assuming that I was much younger, not taking me seriously, etc.

So then I had the genius idea of starting to pluck my hair - just on my head! - to create the "thinning" look.

its working well, and looks very realistic.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33825
    TTony said:
    When I hit 40, I got fed up of being mistaken for someone much younger and not being taken seriously in meetings.

So, I decided to start adding discrete grey highlights to my hair, to give that "aged" look.  It seemed to work, so eventually I went full-grey.

But then people got used to the new look, and went back to assuming that I was much younger, not taking me seriously, etc.

So then I had the genius idea of starting to pluck my hair - just on my head! - to create the "thinning" look.

What have you done in the 35 years since?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 45 in a few weeks, full head of hair.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33825
    I'm 45 slightly receding at the temples.
    I have a massive scar on the crown of my head too, from a childhood illness.
    Neither bother me.

I'm blonde so any grey is hidden except you can see it in my beard.
    I quite like it.
  • 50 with full head of hair.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • 52 and lost a lot - just have it very short now. The time will come soon where I won't need to bother my hairdresser again - which is a shame - he's a fellow guitar player. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    53 hair still holding out reasonably well, certainly better than my bro and my dad. Thinning slightly at the front, not much grey yet - apart from the perma stubble which is mostly grey these days.
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    64 full head of hair.  A vid I did a few months ago jamming to Amy Winehouse 'back to black' on bass & rhythm. :)
  • Bald. Started going when I was 24, started shaving with clippers No.1 from then until a few years ago, now 2 weeks off 50 and completely wet shave bald. Don't miss it. Chicks love it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

I must say, it's a really convincing relic job.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    TTony said:

I must say, it's a really convincing relic job.
    Relic? You mean genuine play wear, no?
  • This seems like quite the hirsute forum so far. The odd few thinning and a few peeled hard boiled eggs amongst the ranks.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12410
    44 receding with a monkeys arse at the crown and very grey. Hi girls!
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom