Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I thought the blond would be by Rick's side for many episodes yet, when she got bit I thought maybe we were seeing a dream scene.

Also when they blew up the bikers was brilliant as I really did think at least one was going to get shot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    underdog said:
    I thought the blond would be by Rick's side for many episodes yet, when she got bit I thought maybe we were seeing a dream scene.

Also when they blew up the bikers was brilliant as I really did think at least one was going to get shot.
    Yeah I thought that was a dream bit there, good to see Darryl kicking some arse again too.

Think it's nicely set up the rest of the season. Hopefully it won't go off the boil again letting them regroup etc for 4 episodes then introducing Negan with a couple to go.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    I got back from Parkway Drive at midnight and was exhausted but reluctantly watched it..glad I did! FUCKING ACE! 
  • Thank god THAT bit finally happened. Glad the zombies are back and back more often. As far as I understand this part of the series is 8 episodes and the day the last episode is played is the first day of 8 weekly installments of Fear the Walking Dead and then another 8 after that series' mid season break. If that show develops well there will be 32 weeks of zombie goodness a year until the real apocalypse happens, at which point I'll be ready for them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • my shocking bit involved this tool

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    what do Zombies do for relaxation?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    They're chewing gums.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    Thank god THAT bit finally happened. Glad the zombies are back and back more often. As far as I understand this part of the series is 8 episodes and the day the last episode is played is the first day of 8 weekly installments of Fear the Walking Dead and then another 8 after that series' mid season break. If that show develops well there will be 32 weeks of zombie goodness a year until the real apocalypse happens, at which point I'll be ready for them.
    Well if anyone should know it should be you  ;)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Back with a very decent bang - I had to watch yappy kid getting eaten twice...just to be sure ;)
    Seemed like a good idea.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Best episode in a while. So many great moments. I loved the bit when Daryl blew up the bikers. I was sure the ginger one was going to get shot. Then Glen was saved at the last minute. The clock may be ticking for him though. It's a shame about the blonde woman but I guess she had to pretend to like that kid. Best Zombie massacre too. Can't wait for the next one!
    Link to my trading feedback
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    citizen68;976240" said:
    Back with a very decent bang - I had to watch yappy kid getting eaten twice...just to be sure ;)
    We cheered when that happened. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I'm hoping they continue with the theme of killing off big characters. 

It's one of the reasons I like it and Game of Thrones. It gives it a bit realism (yes I know) when your favourites get eaten/killed. Otherwise they become a bit Lord of the Rings when you know no matter the danger the protagonists get into, they'll manage to pull through. 

I think they copped out with Glen escaping but you still thought one or both were going to get shot by the bikers at the start. I think there's a couple of characters that are untouchable but the rest should and could get taken out as and when...

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

I think one of the untouchable characters will die this season myself, and not the one that dies in the comics.

Interesting that Carl lost his eye like the comics but Rick kept his hand.
    underdog said:
    I think one of the untouchable characters will die this season myself, and not the one that dies in the comics.

I thought that too. 
  • joneve said:
    underdog said:

I thought that too. 
    It's mostly cos green-screening out a hand for several years would have been very expensive for relatively little narrative content. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I suspect I'm in a minority but I don't have a big issue about films/tv and books/comics not matching up exactly - if they capture the feel of it then it's great but changing a few details means you can't take it for granted and adds to the "newness" of whichever one you watch (or read) second. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_P said:
    I suspect I'm in a minority but I don't have a big issue about films/tv and books/comics not matching up exactly - if they capture the feel of it then it's great but changing a few details means you can't take it for granted and adds to the "newness" of whichever one you watch (or read) second. 
    Completely agree. Fact is you can't make them identical, and even if you could the movie/tv usually suffers as a result. I think TWD and Game of Thrones have both shown you can do very good things if you stick to the spirit and themes but change the details.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    GoT was the other series that I was thinking about but I'd include LOTR and the hobbit films as well.

Going back to the walking dead - I think I need to watch that episode again before Monday to appreciate the details.
    I'm quite happy for them not to follow the comics too, was just something I noticed, as it's not like they made a big deal of Carl being injured, he was out then he woke, it must play a part down the line.
    John_P said:
    I agree 100% - I just figured after Rick's tussle in the RV and injuring his hand - I thought they'd take that route (with the hand)