Cressida DickHead of the Met Police

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30941
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
OK, I have seen it all now.

Cressida Dick, the clown who ordered the cold blooded murder of Jean Charles de Mendes, is now promoted to Met Commissioner.

She should be in jail, making small rocks out of big ones.

How the moral compass of governement needs re-aligning.

Utterly contemptible person.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9733
    Agreed. A very bad choice considering her history. I suspect lots of people will think the same.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    Her position is untenable and should be made that way.

She should be behind bars.

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    "Ms Dick's new post commands a salary of £270,648, plus benefits."

Crikey! Maybe she'll be able to afford a decent haircut now.
  • Hang on...I seem to recall that there was something about her concluding that he wasn't a threat and instructing them to let him onto the train...? Wasn't it deleted from the records by one of the officers involved?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Babones said:
    "Ms Dick's new post commands a salary of £270,648, plus benefits."

Crikey! Maybe she'll be able to afford a decent haircut now.
    Considering that the pay off to JCDM family was 100k, I can only assume that his life is valued at 4 months of policing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Hang on...I seem to recall that there was something about her concluding that he wasn't a threat and instructing them to let him onto the train...? Wasn't it deleted from the records by one of the officers involved?
    Yup, weird that she's the only one that recalls that in detail, isn't it?

• Gassage said:
    Hang on...I seem to recall that there was something about her concluding that he wasn't a threat and instructing them to let him onto the train...? Wasn't it deleted from the records by one of the officers involved?
    Well, the officer admitted doing it...I can't find any record of the investigation into it, though. Looking into it on Wikipedia, the only article linked is hidden behind the Times paywall.
    <space for hire>
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Gassage said:
    OK, I have seen it all now.

Cressida Dick, the sad bitch who ordered the cold blooded murder of Jean Charles de Mendes, is now promoted to Met Commissioner.

She should be in jail, making small rocks out of big ones.

How the moral compass of governement needs re-aligning.

Utterly contemptible person.
    Sorry mate but that's not right.

Dick was only in charge of the surveillance team - she told them to 'let Jean Charles de Mendes run on to Tube as [he was] not carrying anything.' Dick wasn't in control of any fire arms officers who were under the control of SO19 who took over command as he ran into the Tube Station - they killed the guy.

They then deleted Dick's comments and instructions and started a cover up. She was exonerated of any wrong doing at the trial.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Yes - SO19 tried to stitch her up.

I can I can see the Met Appeal following a few assassination attempts in a few weeks time;

"Met appeals for the known enemies of Cressida Dick to come forward"

"Hold on a sec lads, it could be any of 65million of us....."

@fretwired

Killings: 1

Prosecutions: 0

Fact.

If SO19 had have tried to stitch anyone up there should/would have been a prosecution.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    @fretwired

Fact.

If SO19 had have tried to stitch anyone up there should/would have been a prosecution.

I'm not entirely sure those facts support that conclusion without a lot of supposition.
    <space for hire>
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited February 2017
    hes dead
    a cop sot him
    whats your conclusion?
    Gassage said:
    Other officers recalled the instruction was given, the guy who deleted it admitted it, but it was found later on the police system (obviously it wasn't deleted thoroughly enough). The comments are academic as she'd be stood down as command for the op went elsewhere - the shoot to kill decisions weren't even made by her. A jury which heard all the evidence acquitted her.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    hes dead
    a cop sot him
    whats your conclusion?
    The Met Police cocked up but who gave the shoot to kill order? Who sent armed cops after the suspect with instructions to kill him rather than let him get on the tube? It wasn't Dick .. Ian Blair was the guy at the top - he didn't go. I don't know why ... the big question is why did they pick on the wrong guy?

Fretwired said:
    hes dead
    a cop sot him
    whats your conclusion?
    The Met Police cocked up but who gave the shoot to kill order? Who sent armed cops after the suspect with instructions to kill him rather than let him get on the tube? It wasn't Dick .. Ian Blair was the guy at the top - he didn't go. I don't know why ... the big question is why did they pick on the wrong guy?
    Version of story as reported by eye-witnesses soon after the shooting was specifically rejected by the police spokesman in favour of a version where deMenezes wore a duffle coat, jumped the barrier and ran through the tube station.

All lies. I am not sure whether the Met ever actually withdrew this version.

Dick was Officer in Command of the operation hence was in charge of the lies that were deliberately fed to prime time journalists for the evening news.

Monumental fuck up.

Gassage said:
    @fretwired

Fact.

There was a court case ... the police were prosecuted ... I didn't see the evidence. The jury unanimously cleared Dick who also went through an internal enquiry and was cleared. I thought in the UK you were innocent until proven guilty.

Is she the right appointment? Probably not as the CDM case will haunt her every move. I think they wanted a woman - just be glad it wasn't Sara Thornton.

Gassage said:
    @fretwired

Fact.

There was a court case ... the police were prosecuted ... I didn't see the evidence. The jury unanimously cleared Dick who also went through an internal enquiry and was cleared. I thought in the UK you were innocent until proven guilty.

Is she the right appointment? Probably not as the CDM case will haunt her every move. I think they wanted a woman - just be glad it wasn't Sara Thornton.

• Gassage said:

Dick was Officer in Command of the operation hence was in charge of the lies that were deliberately fed to prime time journalists for the evening news.
    Was she, though? Everything I've read says that she was only in charge of the surveillance operation, as @Fretwired said.
    <space for hire>
    It is a very courageous decision.